Reviews for 1 Making New Friends, And Enemies: Lots of Enemies
Reader4ever chapter 8 . 3/7/2005
This story rocks! I'm sad it's over :(. I will definetely read the next story! See you then!
Reader4ever chapter 7 . 3/7/2005
Another great chapter! I liked how Sirius helped her! Very interesting!
Reader4ever chapter 6 . 3/7/2005
extremely interesting! :) Go you! Go you!
Reader4ever chapter 5 . 3/7/2005
Another great chapter! You ROCK :D
Reader4ever chapter 4 . 3/7/2005
Another excellent chapter! It was very interesting! I'm gonna put it on my fav. list!
Reader4ever chapter 2 . 3/7/2005
Good chapter.

I have 1 question-

Did you make Muriel up? She's not Andromea, right? she's someone else?

Again very interesting chapter!
Reader4ever chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
Good start, but I don't think the Potters would be on the list. Aren't they a disgrace to the pureblood something or other? Other than that, it's a good start, and I hope you can keep up the good work :)
Alex25 chapter 2 . 5/6/2004
So now we get to see Hogwarts from Ravenclaw's perpective too. Nice.
Muriel reminds me of Lyra from His Dark Materials.
Alex25 chapter 1 . 5/6/2004
I like the way you make it confusing enough that I have to reread it before I understand it. It's really hard to understand why she would talk about pumpkins and pounce on Sirius before there's an explanation.
Anyway, I'm just being grumpy. This is good. I love getting the Slytherin POV.
Wouldn't Lucius Malfoy have gotten in trouble for underage magic if he fixed Muriel's head during the summer?
saridot chapter 1 . 4/26/2004
Dear Daintress,
Contrary to what you might be thinking, this is not saridout. This is her sister, Toni. I read her stories for her before she posts them, and if you've read the third chapter of her story "Snape's Best Memory" you will see that this is true.
Anyways, I saw the review you gave Sally asking her to look at some of your stories and review them as well. I don't know if she has, but I went and read some of the stories and I found them to be good. You have a few problems here and there with grammar and spelling, but you also should get more into the stories. It seems like you are rushing to get the stories done quickly and not taking enough time to get into your characters and their dilemmas. You're on the right track (I like your imaginative plotlines and hexes), but tweak it some and it'll be ten times better. )
Sincerely, Toni Ridout
Daintress chapter 8 . 4/26/2004
I know - this one was short. It was mostly just a wrap up for this first story. I hope you didn't mind too much. But she needed to figure out that it was Black, and I needed to show that she really didn't want to mention his involvement to Severus. I don't think at this point that she knows WHY she's protecting him. And Mur's stubborn in her own rite. It'll take her forever to figure it out!
Daintress chapter 7 . 4/26/2004
And Muriel shows that she really has a blatent disregard for her own safety in order to make Remus feel better. She also gave herself away a bit. Hopefully Remus won't figure it all out. I've also started in on the Sirius perspective a little. I think he really doesn't know just now what to make of Muriel. When she's hexing him, she's very strong. When she's ill, however, she's very weak. Perhaps his protectiveness will kick in like Severus' did. Or perhaps he is a bit more stubborn than Severus and it'll take a bit more than a near tumble down the stairs. Hard to say!
Daintress chapter 6 . 4/26/2004
So already he's the potions expert, you see. I'm trying to keep it canon. I know lots of people think that Severus Snape was a greasy, snarky bastard the day he was born and every day thereafter, but I just know it didn't work out that way. I know his homelife was awful, but he's not the main character, so I mostly just show him in relation to Muriel. I'm trying to build him enough character that you'll understand what all went into making him so sour!
Daintress chapter 5 . 4/26/2004
Yes, I took the boggart idea directly from PoA. I couldn't resist. I tried to make it original enough to be enjoyable, though. I also wanted Sirius to really have an issue to overcome when it came to Remus' lycanthropy. Also, as to them learning boggarts in first year when Harry didn't see one until third? Tantry is a GOOD professor, who actual intends to TEACH. Neither Quirrel nor Lockhart were worth their weight in horse manure, so that's my defense. Thanks again for reviewing!
Daintress chapter 4 . 4/26/2004
Muriel isn't sure why she doesn't want Remus to know that she knows. Mostly it's because she doesn't want to have to tell him how she found out. That would be giving away her own big secret, and the more Slytherin side of her can't abide such a thought, even if she IS learning to trust him.