Reviews for I Need to Know
ChiisaiKo chapter 1 . 11/20/2003
oh my god. This is beautiful. Even for great fics, I usually dont feel anything, really. But this one really just floored me. This is quite amazing. And I was just about to suggest half-way through that it would be great if you place it within the time-frame/context with dialogue from the episode...

...and guess what you did?

The last 2 lines are brilliant. It's pure genius and it perfectly wraps up the entire story while encapsulating the turmoil of Kenshin's realization that his relationship with Kaoru has just reached that point where everything is at stake. It's this wonderful, intricate dance of thoughts and finally-the big finale, the hitch, the realization that this is deeper, and more meaninful than a rurouni and a big-hearted innocent young woman.

Need I say again that, this is quite amazing-even if I cannot accurately articulate my thoughts and reactions to your story.
Rekka's Angel chapter 1 . 11/19/2003
That was a wonderful one-shot! It went into the characters thoughts and emotions very well. I really liked it, and hope to read more of your writing! _
hakubaikou chapter 1 . 11/19/2003
Wow, Akai. Wow. %$&# brilliant. This isn't a story. This is a dance. A beautifully intricate dance.

I love how you alternate their thoughts. I love how sometimes they come together, that Kenshin and Kaoru are thinking the same thing... And then in the next moment, they split apart again, both of them thinking the exact opposite thoughts.

I don't even know how to explain this, but when I was reading this, I could *feel* them hovering about each other, their thoughts weaving together and apart.

And then Hiko's words broke the wonderful rhythm between them, exactly as you intended. And the last line is beautiful.

Man, Akai, you've done it again. One of the shortest fics I've ever read, and you've done it once again. Most impressive.
JML chapter 1 . 11/18/2003
SU-KEZE! (think of how Yahiko says "COOL!" in Japanese)
Kaykoha Ayanithne chapter 1 . 11/18/2003
Wow! I have to say this is amazing, i really love how you blended their thoughts together, it turned out really nicely. I hope you write more!
20 | « Prev Page 1 2