Reviews for With a Twisted Mind
Crystal M. Key chapter 2 . 12/10/2012
This was fabulous, and I really hope (though don't think it will come to pass) that you update this story sometime. It's only been, what, nine years? Geez, I was just discovering the Incarnations of Imortality then. Thanks for the amusement! Also, excellent Lehrer reference. Favorite quotes:

"Chirp!" offered the largest bird, fixing her with a bright, beady gaze.

Orb glared right back at it. "That's not very helpful," she complained petulantly. "Now look here, when I ask a question, I want a direct answer. Is that clear?"

"Cheep."

There was a small silence while the sparrows looked at Orb and Orb looked at the sparrows. Then, very slowly and with the dignity befitting Mother Nature, Orb drew herself up out of bed.

"That is it," she seethed, her eyes flashing dangerously. "I have had more than enough of this disrespectful behavior and I will thank you to hold your tongues in the future." The smallest bird made a strangled little peep that might have been a giggle. "Fine. Hold your beaks," Orb snapped, knowing she had lost this battle. But the war had barely started…

As she advanced menacingly, pillow in hand, the birds flew for the window. Orb stood and watched them go, already plotting her next move. Would poisoned birdseed be best? Oh yes, she would have her revenge for this!

Deep in her thoughts and humming "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park" under her breath,

...

The woman opened her mouth as if about to argue, but the boy caught her eye and shook his head violently. Now there was a boy with some sense, Orb thought. He had already learned the valuable life lesson of When to Shut Up.

...

Once the door had closed behind them, the two new Incarnations turned to look at each other. After a few seconds of rather shell-shocked silence, they both burst into laughter. Somewhat hysterical laughter, but laughter nonetheless.

"Did you see—the look—on her—face?" gasped the woman between gales of laughter. "Looked like she—swallowed a live—frog!" She shook her head, almost bent double in an effort to catch her breath. Then she looked at her companion again. "You know," she said, "I don't think we ever had time to introduce ourselves." She held out her hand. "I'm Nellie Jameson, but you can call me Nell."

"I'm Ben," said the boy, shaking her hand a little awkwardly. "I…uh…that is…do you really have any clue what's going on around here?"

Nell shrugged. "Nope," she confessed. "Like I said, I just started hearing voices in my head. Wondered if I was going crazy." Shaking her head, she added, "I'm still wondering."

There was a beat of silence, and Ben said, "Did you remember her saying something about humor and insanity?"

"Actually, I think it was Humor and Insanity," Nell mused. "If she's the Incarnation of Nature or whatever, maybe we are Humor and Insanity…" She trailed off and looked up at Ben, a wicked grin spreading across her face. "You thinking what I'm thinking?"

Ben grinned back. "You know, I think I could get to like this job," he said happily. "Do we have an office or anything?"

"Let's find out," Nell said.

...

"Let's find out," Nell said.
HoldOnToYourTunaCans chapter 2 . 6/10/2008
Hi. Nice little story here! I think it'd be great if you continued it. I understand not being comfortable writing in the set universe yet but I think it's pretty funny and if you ever feel up to continuing you can be sure I'll be there to read it!
Shadray chapter 2 . 6/15/2006
-_- You have ideas for the 3rd chapter, do you? u_u Is that why it's been three years since you updated? Oh well. I'm not here to strap you to a chair, thrust you toward the computer, and force you threateningly to update-*shifty eyes*-so...erm..good job! Humor and Insanity are original ideas. _
Meiriona chapter 2 . 5/10/2006
please and thank you I would like some more? I loved this.
Katia666 chapter 2 . 4/2/2006
Please, please, please, please write more as soon as you possibly can...

Sooner would be better, but ASAP will just have to do...please!
Queen of Duct Tape chapter 2 . 1/30/2006
Humour and Insanity? Sounds like fun... *grins wickedly* Update quick, or be pursued by a penguin regiment from hell! Whether or not penguins can go to hell is beside the point... at least, I hope it is. It better not be behind the point again.

Yours sincerely,

the Queen of Duct Tape
Willowcrickett chapter 2 . 2/23/2005
-snicker-

That was Okay. Keep writing, I'll check in.

If you have any way of contacting Humor and Insanity, tell them to lighten up a bit. Most of the people at school think I'm mental because of those two...

-voilently twitches-
TrisakAminawn chapter 2 . 1/11/2005
Bwahahaha! That was fun! Insanity and Humor...of course...wonderful! Rubber chicken, symbol of office. Hee. But don't the Incarnations usually get some kind of choice in the matter? These two had no idea what was going on. 'Poisoning Pigeons in the Park...'I like that song, although it seems slightly incongruous for Gaea to sing.
Stryke Manson chapter 2 . 1/11/2005
hm...interesting. A bit odd, but interesting. I am very interested in reading

the next chapters.
nightbug08 chapter 2 . 9/2/2004
this will be good HAVE THEM ANNOY ZANE! tee hee
Queen of Zan chapter 2 . 6/17/2004
You're as good at updating regularly as I am. Moving on, I like this story, I really do. It's getting funnier as you go on, and it's really great. You know, maybe I should reread the series and write some fanfiction...
Stillwind11 chapter 2 . 3/24/2004
This is really funny! I wonder what kind of hats they will get? Are they going to be annoying all the major Incarnations? I'd like to see Satans face when they start causing havoc in Hell! He will probably go insane himself! Heh Heh Heh . . .
True-Talis chapter 2 . 2/5/2004
Wow! This is good, funny, and quite a twist from the others i have read. TRust me, I've read alot.(hey...wasn't "Trust Me" mentioned in your list of thing you should never say?) lol, anyways, this is an awesome fic. Saytr and Dementia will hopefully be a hilarious crew.
purrcussion chapter 1 . 11/23/2003
Am duly amused... Actually, quite amused. I like the natural alarm clock... Do hope that it picks up as promised, but good beginning.

Rhapsody*
Lady Lye chapter 1 . 11/20/2003
*giggle* Another side to stuffy Piers' books... Yeah, he does have some great stuff but a bit of handy sexism always sneaks in. It's been so long since I read the series that I honestly can't remember many details- except that Nature ALWAYS had a TON of things people had to go through before they could get to her house. Like an adventure course gone deadly.

I like your style, m'dear! _ D'you think you'd be willing to take a crack at some non-fanfiction things at my ezine, Damn Pens! We could really use some humor livening things up... Keep it up!

oohlalafaya and