Reviews for The White Flag
blackxrosexvampire chapter 1 . 8/19/2005
Really good. Like your other fic (which I just reviewed).
missy42 chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
I love that song!

"Elliot really shouldn’t be so gentle with her. She liked it better when he yelled at her, then she could yell back. But when he looked at her like that, with concern and worry, she suddenly felt very vulnerable, as if he were seeing in her things she wasn’t ready to show him. As if he wanted to comfort her." - Great description of O/E interaction. It brought to mind a scene where they were on a kind of countdown to rescue a little girl in a different episode, and everyone had been awake too long and was really frustrated and Liv and El started yelling at each other...I could really see how Olivia would think a yelling match would be easier when she was feeling so uncertain.

I know a whole bunch of people who don't like "Control," but I'm not among them. Still, I didn't feel like the writer's dealt with Olivia's feelings of guilt and lack of self-confidence in her work very well, but you made up for that here. Great story!

"missy42"
Hinote Minos chapter 1 . 4/11/2004
I like this one as much as Romeo in a Bottle. Can you write some more off of this fandom?
christie chapter 1 . 12/27/2003
This was really interesting and well written. The thing that I loved most about it was the fact that Olivia and Elliot's relationship wasn't corny, unrealistic, or really sappy. It stayed very true to character. Write more!
lilmamaday chapter 1 . 12/9/2003
well I think that you definately need to keep writing - I just read Romeo in a Bottle and you are true to the characters and make the stories very believable - please keep writing!
Dark Goddess1 chapter 1 . 12/7/2003
Oh wow! What a story! I love how you reflected upon Olivia's emotions! Please write more!
Melissa37 chapter 1 . 12/2/2003
Good fic
VanessatheMagnificent chapter 1 . 11/30/2003
Whoot! I love this fic. After the Control episode I fell in love with that character Olivia Benson and I came here hoping to find decent fanfiction on her. You've successfully filled that role with good fanfiction and I hope and need you to continue with Olivia and L&O SUV fanfiction for the greater good of this site!
SidleSmile chapter 1 . 11/23/2003
GREAT job! You write El and Liv VERY well! Got anymore of these up your sleeve? You should come check out the yahoo group at group/SpecialVictimsUnit-FanFic/

We'd love to add a new author!

Jessi
Ley chapter 1 . 11/22/2003
This was great! Nice job. Cheers!
Ravenna1 chapter 1 . 11/21/2003
hm... I like. Very insightful.
thelittleowel chapter 1 . 11/20/2003
this is really good writing! this may be the most true to the characters SVU fic i have read. you have a great style. please write more!

Artemis

p.s. 'control' rocked my socks. i cant believe the lawyer guy made her a suspect! :)
Raindrops on Roses chapter 1 . 11/20/2003
That was beautiful, Goldberry. This story sounds like something Olivia would think. I enjoyed it immensely.

I have a few pointers, though. I liked the parallelism with the phrase, "Bone weary really." However, bone-weary needs a hyphen, and it would look better with a comma before really-"Bone-weary, really." Also, the word "very" makes the adjective it's modifying seem a bit weak.

I hope you do write more for this fandom-it's not very active, and it's nice to see more fanfic being written for SVU.

-Shannon
G33k Magnet chapter 1 . 11/20/2003
I really enjoyed this vignette. I think you did a wonderful job characterizing Olivia and Elliot, and I felt like it could have very easily been part of the actual episode. Keep up the great work!