Reviews for Would You Do It, Or Dream It?
alena chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
I REALLY LOVE this story! PLEASE continue working on it!
dmitry chapter 1 . 10/21/2004
very good! Please write more soon!
Merccy chapter 1 . 1/29/2004
I didn't even know this had been updated until now! I really like it and I hope you continue - your Jesse is very IC and "Jesse did a double take. His mother’s eyes were not black, nor did they shine like diamonds." was the best line. :)
By the way, my friend and I recently made a site for Taken fanfiction along with some boards - . Hopefully you'll continue this soon and maybe even have it posted on the site!
-Merc
SpOoKyMuLdEr1 chapter 1 . 11/29/2003
i agree with the points Merc brought up. this is very well written, but it reads like a prologue. it's hard to tell if parts are Jesse as a child or Jesse as an adult.
i look forward to the next chapter. this could just be a poetic opener meant to confuse us... thats what it is, isnt it! your laughing at our simplemindedness! (is that a word?)
heh... anyway, good work.
PS: Merc, many people, myself included, write about Allie because we want to see the story continued... that ending was just sad... but incredibly brilliant at the same time.
Merccy chapter 1 . 11/21/2003
Hmm. Let's see - being the huge Jesse fan I am, I give you major points for writing a Jesse fic. However, this first chapter is a little confusing for a few reasons.

First of all, it's kind of hard to tell where and when this story takes place. I would assume that this was when Jesse is a teenager, since it seems like he's been taken a few times already, and he thinks the stranger in his bedroom is his mom. But as for the location, I began thinking it began in his bedroom and then progressed to the spaceship, which was when he started yelling.

Also, some of the details are a little confusing. For example, the end - the last two lines made me imagine Jesse lying there, quietly, thinking ‘Why’d they leave me alone in the first place', and then Jesse randomly breaking out into convulsions as he sobs.

The chapter's a bit short, but since in your disclaimer it says you own 'Ari', I'm guessing that a) it's going to get longer and b) an OC is going to come into play sooner or later.

Other than that, I think you have the potential to make this a really great story. I'm interested to see what it's about, and how this is going to differ from the actual miniseries, since that's one of the tricky things about writing about characters that lived before Allie came along - you already know what happens to them and it's up to you to create something unique (which is why I think most people like to write about Allie instead).

I hope this helped, and I'm looking forward to reading more of this. I commend you for being bold, and for writing about such an awesome character. :)

-Merc