Reviews for Life, As Experienced Through Your Fingers
Kisaki Sakura chapter 13 . 3/18
It is just soo beatiful. Beside the point that I have tears in my eyes, I dearly want to listen to some clasic music, draw to it and watch Peter Pan.

I'm probably ging to make a painting, with the words : I'm not Wendy.

Great piece of art.
Dimplz chapter 13 . 1/8
I enjoyed the story. Honestly, there wasn't really a strong plot but it was nice reading a fluffy romantic story without all the typical angst. This is going to be my new go-to story for when I just want to read some happy Drarry fluff.

That said, I thought you did a wonderful job incorporating music so intimately into the story. I have never read anything quite like this. You must know music well to be able to write about it with such detail. I loved how the emotion of music was so integral to the story. My biggest critique was there were a lot of misspellings that could have easily been cleaned up with a beta. But despite that, it was a good read.
staa chapter 13 . 9/30/2014
I don't know if you'll read this after 10 years of this story but I feel the need to thank you no matter what.
This was so well written and such a touching story. I was reading this and wishing all the time I could have an amazing relationship like Harry and Draco had. It got me all emotional some times, especially at the end.

Once again, thank you and congratulations, you did an amazing job with this story.
BlackProdigy chapter 1 . 8/17/2014
Good, intriguing. One thing though, this chapter could've easily been 2, 3 on the outside. It's good but kinda long.
Still like it though.
MoreThanTrouble chapter 13 . 7/17/2014
Wow. This fic is awesome.

Where should I start? Well, maybe the circumstances on how I stumbled on this fic. As usual I was searching for high reviews Drarry fics and I saw this. Interesting, I thought. You wouldn't believe it when I say that for the whole day there was no electricity here in our place because of the typhoon here in the Philippines. And wow, so I just had to find a place with internet because I need to freaking LOAD THE PAGE TO READ IT! Boy, was I desperate.

Anyway, so there, I had it saved in my iPAD, and then I read the first few chapters. I noticed that Draco can be a bit OC, but then, this is COMPLETELY AU, so I gave it a chance and continued reading.

One thing to say: IT GOT ME HOOKED. Here I was, with no electricity and only a glowing candle to accompany me during the middle of the night at around three o'clock in the morning while I completely engrossed myself in reading this. One sleepless night and it was worth it!

God, NO, this was never boring! And that was rare for me, after reading hundreds of Drarry fics.

The storyline was unique. No magic, just... A really heartwarming love story about two boys finding the missing parts of their lives. And you know what? I think it's one of the reasons why I absolutely love this fic. There is no Voldemort to constantly worry about. No constant trip to Dumbledore in the headmaster's room. Those things like that. Instead, there were just teenagers immersed in love and friendship. It got me thinking if this is how the characters of HP will act if there was no magic to begin with. Anyway, I JUST LOVE IT!

And I also like the fact that you did not just focus on Harry and Draco's story alone. I personally liked Pansy and Blaise. And is that scene with Snape and Narcissa an implication of an impending love story? *wiggles eyebrows* Hehe. I look forward to it. (You did mention a sequel.)

And I just wish that you have someone you can pair with Sirius. He's a cute character here. xD I know he deserves someone. :))

But who am I to request when it's been years since this was posted. Gawd, I'm years late for that.

Another thing that struck me as unique with this fic is that it inspired me to listen to classical music while reading. When I read a title of a music in your story, I would search it in youtube and listen (the moment the electricity is running, anyway. Haha). You know the feeling, like, you just want to experience what the other characters were experiencing. I do not play any musical instrument, but I do appreciate their playing. And it was, WOW. Reading, accompanied by music, is a calming and peaceful way to relax to the fullest. Fantastic. And your story does not contain that stressful drama in some stories. Good job, really!

So... Maybe I'll just stop my ranting now and go read the sequel or another story. But I do want you to know that you are a brilliant author, and this piece will absolutely go to one of my favorites. Thank you for writing this awesome piece!

Signed,
MoreThanTrouble
ticklethedragon1 chapter 3 . 5/10/2014
Another amazing chapter here! Something extraordinarily strange: 'Sing, Sing, Sing' by Glenn Miller. I had my playlist on shuffle, and the Benny Goodman version comes on just as I'm reading that section. Coincidences, anyone?
doodlesonlinedpaper chapter 13 . 5/8/2014
(Sorry for the repost, but I forgot to log in!)
Ermagerd, I loved it! I really enjoyed how you used different forms of art to tie the plot together. I play clarinet, piano, sing, act, and doodle (hey! It's art! It takes skill to turn a sheet of lined paper into something someone thinks is a homework assignment because of all the ink on it!) I can tell you...some of the songs you used reminded me of my own childhood memories. "Danse Macabre" the most, probably. I used to listen to it on a "Wee Sing" tape over and over and over...I also enjoyed your Harry/Draco dynamic. Their relationship was very interesting and the things they went through individually also made some of the smaller details more noticeable. Sex SHOULDNT be a small detail, but when harry connected it back to riddle that kept it part of the story as opposed to just PWP in a great piece of writing. Just one question- where do you get the idea for McLain? Was he based off of any character in particular from the HP books? Sorry, I was just really intrigued by this...
Guest chapter 13 . 5/8/2014
Ermagerd, I loved it! I really enjoyed how you used different forms of art to tie the plot together. I play clarinet, piano, sing, act, and doodle (hey! It's art! It takes skill to turn a sheet of lined paper into something someone thinks is a homework assignment because of all the ink on it!) I can tell you...some of the songs you used reminded me of my own childhood memories. "Danse Macabre" the most, probably. I used to listen to it on a "Wee Sing" tape over and over and over...I also enjoyed your Harry/Draco dynamic. Their relationship was very interesting and the things they went through individually also made some of the smaller details more noticeable. Sex SHOULDNT be a small detail, but when harry connected it back to riddle that kept it part of the story as opposed to just PWP in a great piece of writing. Just one question- where do you get the idea for McLain? Was there a character in the actual HP books you based him off of? For some reason I was just really interested by this...
quirkymusings chapter 13 . 5/7/2014
I've never really enjoyed AUs (or even read many) but I loved the execution of this story and the incredible presence of music and performing arts. It was absolutely brilliant reading, even when it got super sappy! :D thanks for the story.
ticklethedragon1 chapter 1 . 5/1/2014
I will forever cherish this story's first chapter. Not only because of the writing quality (which is superb, by the way), but also because of Bach and that pretty little instrument called a viola. It is now my headcanon that canon!Draco plays it.
jk chapter 13 . 3/22/2014
I enjoyed reading this. :)
Beth9891 chapter 13 . 3/6/2014
This was fantastic! I didn't know if I would like a non magical AU with harry and draco, After reading this I can safely say that I definetely did! Then again how you described their passion for music and eachother it was just as good as a the fantasy created with magic in mind. 10/10. !
PanicAttacker chapter 3 . 2/16/2014
You've accomplished something here. Not in this chapter, or story, but in your writing. Your writing- God, it inspires me. I was halfway through the first chapter when I had to put down my Kindle and pick up my sketch pad and charcoal pencils, Michael Buble blasting- can I use the word 'blasting' in reference to Michael?- in the background. Not only did I draw, but I drew my way out of a block I've been struggling through for a few weeks. Not only did I draw, but I drew wih charcoal, the media I've struggled the most with so far, and I think that the work I've started today may very well end up being one of my best, when completed. I only wish I had my alto sax with me tonight. I have a feeling it would have been something. Your writing actually moves me; the descriptions of the songs and the way they're played isn't particularly special, but the way you capture the characters' emotions when listening, it's - real. I think you also capture the way an artist struggles. I often find that I play or sing or write mechanically, on autopilot, and I can't stand it. But honestly, after reading a bit of this story, goodness, let's just say my cat was enjoying my rendition of "Call Me Irresponsible." She wasn't the only one. (I apologize if this is overly sappy, but I had to tell you. If anything I do ever affects someone as much, I sure as hell would want them to tell me)
Jen chapter 3 . 11/16/2013
Oh my goodness! This is such a lovely AU! I was intrigued by the idea of Draco and Harry attending an Art school and decided to give your fic a go, and I am so glad I did! I only finished reading 3 chapters, but I'm hooked already.
As for my thoughts on your writing.. I think Draco is definitely a character who would play the piano, especially with his upbringing and everything, and am very pleased with your choice! The problem he has with passion, likely due to his father and the environment he was brought up in, is just delicious. And then, of course, there is Harry, and i have to say, i absolutely adore your characterization of him, being the child prodigy, quirky with his electronic violin, and full of passion and emotion. Which brings up the dynamic between Draco and Harry, perfect but empty vs wild but passionate, clashing perfectly and bringing about the inevitable change of Draco's playing (and all of this written so wonderfully)... Well, it's just so beautiful and I cannot wait to read more! I am so very relieved that your fic is already completed, because i don't think i could have endured seeing another brilliant fic unfinished!
Diverging Patronus chapter 13 . 10/21/2013
Oh my gosh! Loved this! It was just so cute and so well thought out! I don't know much about musical instruments but you've put them all in a new light! Ooooooo! I loved it!