Reviews for Seaside Conversations 2
Jenn Calaelen chapter 5 . 7/6/2012
Lovely and so sad - all the partings and knowing that the Elves are leaving forever. Great description - it is wonderful to see how they live and to learn so much about all the people of Edhellond!
Melina123 chapter 5 . 7/8/2004
This is a lovely story, the first I've read that brings Edhellond to life. I was wondering - I think I've read all of yours and Isabeau's stories with Andrahar, and both of you refer to the bad feelings between he and Gildor - is there a story that shows what happened between them, or just the references to it?

Again, lovely work.
LasseLanta01 chapter 5 . 1/6/2004
Wonderful, though I'm sad to see it end *sighs* That dance would be something to see, and even participate in (if I weren't just a clumsy human). Poor Enedrion, what can I say, and I can just imagine how Imrahil feels. This was a very nice series. Thank you.
Finch chapter 5 . 1/4/2004
Nice description of the ceremonies. You manage to bring even a minor character like Enedrion fully alive in a few sentences (and make me sorry for him), and the ending is beautifully melancholic.
erunyauve chapter 5 . 1/3/2004
I agree with Imrahil - the world is a lot less fun without the elves (even if the Wood-Elves still linger somewhere in ME). Hopefully, Gildor will find the reunion he desires with his beloved (that would be an interesting story, as would Enedrion's fate). [Reviewer promptly tosses plot bunnies to Gollum.]
vorondis chapter 5 . 1/3/2004
Ah, so Legolas has married by this time, and it was good to see him and his princess dancing the way they did.
I love Gildor loving to be unpredictable (is that why he dances with mistress Vorondis...?).
The last scene is very sweet, in addition to showing why Andrahar has a point. Good last chapter of a lovely fic!
Isabeau of Greenlea chapter 5 . 1/2/2004
Very bittersweet ending. Indeed, Imrahil is probably glad that he won't live to see the day there are no more elves. At least Andra has some food for thought. And I enjoyed your description of auburn-haired Legolas and his lady.
The little codicil you sent me about this was fun too!;-)
Lady Berenice chapter 5 . 1/1/2004
What a magnificent story, from start to finish! Although now that you've offered us a very tantilising (sp?) hint of Legolas's private life post-Ring War, I have to insist that you tell the story behind his marriage. You can't just drop such a tempting hint and then leave us in a lurch!
JastaElf chapter 5 . 1/1/2004
Soledad, what a beautiful, if quite sad, ending to a beautiful story! I feel so badly for all the mortals... and yet in many ways, I feel badly for the Immortals as well. Poor Gildor, loved so dearly by one he cannot love in return as the young one would wish... and even poorer Enedrion, knowing that tonight's sympathy coupling is all he will ever receive. The poor baby... I know what that feels like. (sad smile) But we soldier on...
Seeing Legolas with his lady-love, married at last and clearly happy, is a delight of course. Someday I hope you will adopt a plot bunny concerning how he reacted to Elrond's departure... sad and angsty, of course... (wry grin)
I liked the ritual, BTW- can just imagine Gildor in his glorious voice reciting those words and following those actions... yum...
Thoughtful and beautiful as always. Thank you so much!
Cirdan chapter 4 . 12/29/2003
I like seeing Imrahil's gratitude to Gildor just because it is hard to lose a good ally. You do a good job of portraying their relationship through their words. Besides, Imrahil's cool and very eloquent, especially when he says "You had the gifts for the same greatness. ’Tis not your fault that there was no chance to become a great Elven king in our lesser times." He addressed the problem exactly right.
And Gildor's cruel when he teases Imrahil's entire line for falling in love with him. Gildor's strong love for Tyelpe is what is especially moving though.
Cirdan chapter 3 . 12/29/2003
A happy Gildor is very precious indeed. I remember that he always wanted children, and I think that it really shows in this part. I almost believe that he might also be a good father. He _is_ different among his own.
Cirdan chapter 1 . 12/29/2003
Oh gods! I loved your Faramir. He was definitely book Faramir, with his thoughtful and gentle manner. Imrahil was great too. Well, he has to be to deal with Gildor! It seems to have given Imrahil a talent to deal with boys too. The harbour, Cirdan's Sea Turtle, was most amusing. :) Oddly enough, it seemed very Elven. And it is always good too see Gildor again in all of his perfection. It's rather sad to think that Gildor will finally be leaving ME. We're going to miss him!
erunyauve chapter 4 . 12/27/2003
Sorry for the lateness of this review - I meant to mark your alert 'unread' and apparently didn't - I finally remembered when I was going back through all the story alerts and trying to catch up.
I assume you're borrowing from the Finch universe in which Gildor's father was conceived *before* Finrod left? (an idea I particularly like). I have a feeling that Gildor will have to wait a bit to see Celebrimbor released - the poor elf has a lot to regret. And I loved Imrahil's reaction to Gildor's slip.
I do have to reprimand Gildor a bit - I think he's gone a bit too far with poor Enedrion, and I don't think he entirely understands what he has done.
Would it be all right if I borrowed your nickname for Celebrimbor? At the rate I'm going, it will be years before I start on the slashy sequel to the Virgin King, but it's impossible to write pillow talk with an awkward name like Celebrimbor.
Finch chapter 4 . 12/27/2003
You've reminded me again why I'm so fond of Gildor despite his harsher sides. I loved about everything in this conversation. Hopefully you'll write a scene some day between Gildor and Andrahar where they'll come to some kind of understanding!
Casey Toh chapter 4 . 12/25/2003
Nice. :) As always, seeing the softer side of Gildor is a pleasant experience, and Nenmir seems too cute. :D