Reviews for A Thread Of Innocence
I have been looking for this fanfic ever since I read it in Contraveritas. It was one of my favorites and it still is. I hope this will be updated again soon.
Make it up as I go chapter 16 . 1/30
Ok. Wow. I like your story and your writing and I'm not going to add a but and then verbally terrorize you. This is a story and your creation and no one gets to just crap all over you with their opinions. This isn't something that you are just dropping on a YouTube forum or Facebook post. You went through a lot of time and effort to produce this and I would have to think that you stopped because of this. If you want to handle these subjects in your story is your choice. Maybe add a "don't try this at home kids!" Or a warning. Fiction is rife with all types of stories about this. I think what bothers these guys is that it is actually a good story and they like it and I hey don't want to so they attack you instead of dealing with their issues. Life is Life, fanfiction is fanfiction. Keep writing and don't let the bastards grind you down.
V.Disappointed chapter 7 . 1/30
I’m REALLY not ok with the fact that you have romaticised rape in this. I’ve enjoyed your style of writing which is easy to read and fun... but the way that you haven’t addressed the obvious elephant in the room has actually made me really angry.
You’ve clearly stated it was Draco’s plan the entire time with the potion, which makes it premeditated rape no matter how ‘romantic’ you swing it, or how wonderful he was in bed. The fact that the potion took away Hermione’s ability to choose for herself makes it rape. Had the situation been that the two of them mutually having been influenced by alcohol (but not totally trolleyed)/Hermione was lonely/Draco had been carrying a touch for her/Hermione freaks in the morning or some situation that allowed her to actually CONSENT to what was going on, then I would continue reading this.
As said though, your writing style is nice and easy to read. I’ve definitely seen it improve as the chapters went on too. Your characters could do with further development... I like how you have portrayed Hermione as having become more forgiving in her opinions of others; which I can imagine motherhood would do for her. Don’t forget, she can have relationships/friendships with others and develop those as well rather than just those with Aurora and Draco.
However, once again, rape is not ok in any forms. Do not romanticise it. If someone is unable to consent, it is rape.
HubrisBrutus chapter 16 . 1/27
You tried to justify the rape/romance trope with an oopsy, 'simple misunderstanding' by writing in that the potion Draco used was a calming draught. I call bs. For the first 10 chapters Draco or Hermione or someone else would casually throw in that the 'drink' was flowing liberally at Dumbledore's party, implying that Hermione was , Draco spiked her drink with calming draught (for some reason that is bs) then led her away further implying that he wasnt drunk or was less so than Hermione. Putting 2 & 2 together: Hermione(drunk) Draco(not drunk) rape. Or very, very flimsy consent.

It makes me very uncomfortable how you portray the muggle world in comparison to the wizarding one, especially when one considers the paralles JK was drawing in reality. Also the misogyny is astounding. I understand that sometimes the author makes a stylistic choice to further highlight the discrepancies in the somewhat archaic WW but the way you went about it make me feel as if, for an example, you believe that abortion and adoption are equivalent. I also find it equally disturbing that you would boldly start a story with rape then continue to so nonchalantly dismiss it and make light of Draco raping Hermione wjilst attempting to justive it wtih the 'calming draught excuse', a flimsy plot hole at best.

In short, I awaited the resolution of this story, the closure Hermione would recieve for her rape (where consent would have been very hard to give), but recieved no such resolution or redemption from Draco. Yet think it is naive to assume a happy ending and I dont expect one. Moreover, I feel as if you might have been going for a bittersweet deal in depicting Hermione's defeat by the archaic system whilst invoking thought, if so, then u failed. Either that or you're trolling.
Love! Please finish this story. Haters going to hate!
Oh, wow...I wonder how this is going to work.
missmangotree999 chapter 1 . 1/12
AMAZING! Don't stop writing and don't abandon this story! One of the best I've read on fanfiction!
Wow! Seriously amazing...I started reading chapter 5 this evening and before I realised it, I was at the end! Please don't abandon this story! It's brilliant! Keep on going!
Hahahahahahah still on the babies aurora?!
This was so cute! Oh aurora you don't get to know how babies are made just yet :P also, nice maturity from Draco
Oh goodness what a mess! And hahahah only aurora would come up with exactly the most awkward times to repeat things :P
oh sneaky sneaky dracooo
AACCCCKKKKKK THE CONFRONTATION (it was perfectly angry and controlled tension)
OH GOOOODDDDNEEEESSSSSS ALSDKFJSADFJSDJFD "just like you and your daddy" ajflksjsjdfsdkfdjf too close, too close!
OH DRACO, SO SNEAKIESS