Reviews for A Thread Of Innocence
IvyandLime chapter 15 . 2/28
What a fantastic story! I knew coming into it that I was going to be left hanging with an incomplete story, one which hadn't been updated in years. But I'm still glad I read it, because it's been a wonderful read. I do hope to see an end to it one day!
onetree chapter 7 . 12/22/2014
This chapter made my heart melt, so sweet :')
cmtaylor531 chapter 2 . 11/23/2014
I just adore this story. Im so devastated it was never finished. Ignore the rant from someone going on and on about Draco raping Hermione just being brushed over. For one it was discussed and it was announced it was not rape. Hermione just made a horrid leap to conclusion because she couldn't see it any other way. Anyway… I love the idea behind them realizing they could make this marriage more. Im just sad its seems you have given up on this story and I won't see hermione actually commit to trying to make the marriage more. I want her to wake up and see Draco actually cares for her and has for quite some time.
Guest chapter 12 . 11/8/2014
(Sneer) Who asked for the filthy ginger tag along's opinion?, if it was my special day l would have hexed him that the rodent would be singing soprano for a month.
Guest chapter 11 . 11/8/2014
(Sneer) Sod off potty, worry about your own filthy ginger offspring, why don't you? at least he didn't grow up as a bastard...
Guest chapter 9 . 11/8/2014
(Sneer) Personally l would now take her to court, letting those filthy ginger rodents having any influence over your kid is way out of order, especially since you can't
have any say.
Guest chapter 7 . 11/8/2014
(Sneer) And the weasel should be ashamed of himself for being a filthy ugly dirt poor diseased ginger rodent.
Someone should do the rest of us a favour and neutered all the gingers.
Casy13 chapter 15 . 9/24/2014
I'm pretty sure this is one of the worst storys I have ever read.
It made me feel so bad inside that it's unbearable.
For one Dracos rape of Hermione is simply talked away and ignored again and again. Draco himself doesn't seem to see anything wrong with blackmailing Hermione into being semi complacent with his wishes.
You whole portrayal of Hermione as a person and especially an woman and mother is the crown of disrespect to any woman and mother and more so to woman who were raped and their rapists never punished.
There is no romance in this story whatsoever. It's frankly disgusting.
I hope I never have to read a story like this ever again.
There is no excuse for rape, there is no taking it back, there is no making anything better and I hope you never get any respect for this story.
I hope to anyone that 99% of those 1700 reviews are negative and from intelligent people and the other percent from immature 12 year olds who don't care what they read about as long as it includes adult content.
How you can write something like this with a good conscience is beyond me. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Lahkesis chapter 15 . 9/14/2014
What a brilliant story but such a shame that it seemed abandonded I would've loved to see how it pans out for Hermione and Draco but I guess over 5 years without an update the hope is slim :( I hope you'll get the writing bug again because you're rather good at it. :)
Born in 20th Century chapter 15 . 9/2/2014
So wow, it's been nearly SEVEN years since you last updated, and ELEVEN years since this was published - so I'm guessing that you don't plan on finishing this. It's really a shame, since this is BRILLIANT so far - enjoyed every single chapter and loved your portrayals of Draco, Hermione and Aurora, and the illustration of their interactions with each other. Though it seems highly unlikely that you'll ever update again, it would be AMAZING if did and surprise your readers! Anyways, thanks for writing and sharing this UNIQUE and MEMORABLE fic!
Adrianaf chapter 15 . 8/29/2014
Wow! Please update. After all this years please!
Guest chapter 15 . 8/8/2014
hi !

pls continue this story...
gh0sty chapter 1 . 8/1/2014
I really needed to get my feelings about this fic so far this off my chest. If you're thinking about reading this fic, I summarized my issues in a tl;dr at the end.

A lot of people have said it before, but I'll reiterate: This story has a beautiful premise: single mom and brilliant medi-witch Hermione, Draco doesn't know he has a child, lots of complicated feelings as they become co-workers, etc.

Except it's not that, not at all. Hermione doesn't have a one-night stand - she explicitly states that she is raped (Prologue: "...she hated him for raping her - yes, it was rape, she decided..."), and that is absolutely true, considering the following.

Draco's internal dialogue shows that he had been covertly studying her body without her consent, so that he could TIME when he raped her to ENSURE that she would become pregnant with his child, and then going as far to lament that he didn't add a fertility potion! (Ch 1: "If only his attempts at procreation a few years back had worked - perhaps he should have added a fertility potion to the other one [...] He was so sure it was her time of the month to conceive. The tests he had surreptitiously cast had indicated so [...] If his plan had worked... he would not only have her for his wife, [but] at least have one child with her by now.") Draco had decided that he is entitled to Hermione, her body, her children, and will do whatever he needs to do get what he wants. This is a dangerous plot, because Draco is never punished or called out on his wrong-doings. Instead, him raping her is romanticized into "he wants her soooooo much he's willing to do whatever it takes to have her!". This is reprehensible and disrespectful to not only Hermione's character, but women everywhere who have been raped and impregnated. Nothing about it is endearing, romantic, or forgivable - this is something that ruins lives and traumatizes.

Upon Draco's return, Hermione is justifiably horrified. She has been given no reason at all for Draco to care about her or her unknown daughter, and nothing written has shown us as readers why Draco should be seen as good. Hermione obviously believes that he slept with her in order to demean and humiliate her and/or fulfill his own egotistical, shallow lust. We, and Hermione, have no reason to believe he actually cares for her. So when Draco instantly starts invading Hermione's personal space, charming their co-workers into believing they're a suitable couple, this is not romantic, nor is it acceptable. Draco is manipulating the woman he raped in order to again fulfill his own selfish desires. Hermione is verbally and physically struggling and rejecting him (Ch. 3: "Draco put his arms round her and kissed her cheek, allowing his lips to linger longer than was strictly necessary... Hermione pushed him away, extricating herself as quickly as possible." "... as he slid his arm around her, effectively anchoring her against his side." "Hermione was seething inside and tried to politely remove herself from Draco's arm, but he merely tightened it." "Hermione had to choke back a cry of rage." "Hermione turned to face Draco; hate seemed to be pouring from every pore of her body. 'How... how dare you humiliate me this way, you venomous piece of trash!'") This scene is disgusting and horrifying in the sole fact that Draco is not only holding her essentially captive, he is trapping her in a situation where he KNOWS she will have to be obedient. Hermione is too kind and considerate to cause a fuss in the middle of an important party, in front of her beloved co-worker. (Ch. 3: "You don't want to upset Edward now do you? ...Why ruin his retirement party by throwing a tantrum?")

By now, Hermione has openly let him know of her distaste for him and how she does not want to be near him, speak with him, or deal with him more than is professionally and strictly necessary (Ch. 4). Unsurprisingly, it gets worse. Draco has decided to use his new position as financial director as leverage. (Ch. 4: "Well... we have plenty of things to discuss - for example, the financial state of the Department of Surgical Magic." [Hermione retaliates and rejects his offer of getting a drink together.] "I tried to be nice - but that doesn't seem to be something you understand all that well! Oh well, that leaves me no choice - don't say I didn't warn you!") Yes, in order to seduce the woman he apparently loves so much, he blackmails her, threatening her with cutting crucial funding to her department. On one hand, this implies that Draco prioritizes claiming Hermione over saving lives. On the other, if his threat is empty, it implies that Draco has no issues with mentally tormenting and guilting Hermione into having a relationship with him.

To top it off, let me just say that the whole """"Wizarding Ettiquette""" being used to somehow incriminate single mothers and "marry the father or abort the baby" is incredibly unnecessary and screwed up. I cannot possibly see the wizarding society being so cruel? Nor Ginny being so groomed to accept this idea? Idk man. Idk. That was very strange and unneeded to me.

(tl;dr) Anyway, I have no idea if I can keep reading this fic. I am torn, because the writing is lovely, the concept is adorable, and the familial rhythms are very sweet and real. But in the end, I'm only four chapters in and this is fraught with romanticized abuse and rape-apologism.
marthapreston4 chapter 10 . 6/23/2014
I am so glad I read on and it didnt turn out to be one of "those" stories it was legit it make me free to like draco
marthapreston4 chapter 9 . 6/23/2014
While I am enjoying this story and the kid is adorable I believe its turning into a "forgive a rapist" story a theme in fanfiction I do not understand nor do I want to. I believe it cheapens the pain and horror of what actuall victims have to go through
1,709 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »