Reviews for The Misfits
CalmingWater1098 chapter 8 . 7/18/2004
Yay! You updated! *Get up and does happy dance* Yay! I'm so happy! To bad the weather doesn;t math my mood! Hmph, it's been raining all day! It stinks! Oh well, you just lifted my spirits! You deserve a a cookie! Well, update soon! Oh yeah, I forgot to say, I LOVE THIS STORY! This was another great chapter, and I am happy, happy, happy. Ok now I can shut-up! bye bye!
ZodiacFire chapter 8 . 7/18/2004
Hahaha! mesquito bites! That's good. : ) Your story rocks and i always look for your updates! I hope that you'll be able to write your other ideas for fanfics soon too! i can't wait! BTW thanks for everything on my story too!

Under it all chapter 7 . 7/11/2004
Please write more! I want to read more! Please go on! I have lots of fun reading this story. I think its very sweet. _

PS- Have Fun
Under it all chapter 6 . 7/10/2004
I love this story, this is a really good story! I really like how Raven and Starfore is (It seems that Raven is a bit 'happier') This is a really cool story, All the Titans are really cool. I saw the Jinx episode, so if you need any help with her you can just e-mail me.

PS Have fun_
ocdsugar chapter 6 . 7/2/2004
Alrighty then. I've read the 7th chapter at least 6 times. Impatient and obnoxious as I am, you really should get a move on.

I really have nothing to say right this moment except for the fact that I think music would help. Rock n' roll. Y'know, the Who, Led Zepplin, Van Halen, G n R, Aerosmith, Ac/Dc (try Back in Black, it's aweworthy), Metallica, the Rolling Stones, the Beatles, the Darkness, Jet, Velvet Revolver, etc.
ocdsugar chapter 7 . 7/2/2004
Hey, man, I'm still reading!
Adamant Eve aka anna-neko chapter 7 . 6/26/2004
I just finished reading the available chapters and I must say that this semi-different universe is interesting. You had most of the characters down-pat and you developed their individual situations pretty well. I would, however, recommend that you improve on your explanation of how Robin got to where he was. It feels too much like Bruce just put him there because he's-well, Robin. Robin should seem a bit more confident in spite of knowning his shortcomings. He's portrayed confidently enough in the show, so there's no need to downplay him. Bruce wouldn't make him CEO purely on academic accomplishment; Robin has to have great leadership qualities and it's not very believable if you say that too many people hate him. There should at least be a certain faction in the office that is loyal to him, like a staff, who know and believe in Robin's qualities, even if the rest of the corporation doubts him.

I don't know if you live in New York city, but I am there regularly, so if you need help with logistics, I'll be glad to offer suggestions. One thing I learned with NY is that most men, especially if they're straight, are very nice to women (plus points if she's pretty and innocent looking). Raven wouldn't have a very friendly reception from the city because she's weird, in spite of being beautiful however, I believe Star would be treated more warmly. Make use of terms like "Avenues" and NY landmarks, like Central Park, or location jargon like "Upper East Side", "Mid-town", "Downtown" or "The Meat Packing District". Also, what season are you in? *Everything* in New York changes with the seasons, so pay attention to that. Be careful.

I did feel that parts of it were rushed and I've found, from many authors that the reason for this is that the writer has gone into too many things, which at times, depending on the writer's mood, could be tiresome. I usually avoid falling into the trap by concentrating on as few storylines as possible. A writer doesn't need to cover all the possible plots. You could always reserve that for another story. Try to see what you find tiresome and trim your story based on that. You'll realize that you would be able to give your preferred storylines the attention it deserves. And then of course, if you do decide to keep more than one plot line, make *certain* that they all tie up in the end. So since you delved into all of their lives (Star's struggles in fashion designing, Raven's quest for a big scoop, Beast Boy's stand up comedy gig, Cyborg and Robin's careers), it means it's relevant to the main story you're riding on, and that all these things must lead to something, or else you've gone into unnecessary character development. Watch out for those! It's easy to fall into the rut. Again, I will recommend a beta reader to work out the crimps in the writing. I've learned many, many things from my beta readers. They are your best reviewers, believe me.

I do suggest that when you change scenes or perceptions that you make use of borders. Nothing fancy. A line of asterisks will do. It could get confusing when there's an unmarked jump within the story. A matter of format, really.

I look forward to reading more and am glad that as a writer, you are open to C&Cs. It shows great promise in your part, and that I believe is your greatest strength. You express emotions well and you hate cliches, which is an extremely good thing. So keep writing! _ You're doing well.

Read you soon!
CalmingWater1098 chapter 7 . 6/19/2004
OH MY GOD! I was reading the story again, and then I remembered that I forgot to write a review the last time! Man, I am so stupid! Anyway, I love your stories! You are a great writer. so I must wait until summer for the updates of Stardom. WA. Wait it is summer! At least for me it is! So HOPEFULLY there wil;l be a update SOON. Sorry, I just love that idea you have fot it! It is so cool! I love it! Anyway back to this fic, I love the ending, "Cotton Candy?" Did ya get that from the 'Sisters' episode? I think ya did! Anyway, it's really good. And I love this fic! Hope you update SOON!
Ima Super Mute Ant chapter 7 . 6/14/2004
oh! cool! I like very much! keep going :)
Rainpath chapter 7 . 6/13/2004
Great story... if u dont update, ull turn out like my little friend over there... *points to coffin* yea, my mistwolf army did that...
YoshimiWolfspaw chapter 7 . 6/13/2004
This is a great story please update soon.
aznchibidragon88 chapter 7 . 6/11/2004
Really good story you have here. but you dont really have more than 2 titans together at a time. Like when they all met. Well i cant wait for the next chapter. probably Raven and Terra and BB. Well update soon
FLying Star tltsi chapter 7 . 6/1/2004
Poor Robin, Bruce is so harsh on him. And yet while he's around Star...*laughs*

Hope Cyborg doesn't feel like he's the causing Robin any problems.

Anyway, great chapter, I really enjoyed it. _
Flying Star tltsi chapter 6 . 6/1/2004
I thought the chapter was very good. And an interesting way to get the group

together. Good job. _
Flying Star too lazy to sign in chapter 5 . 5/31/2004
Slowly getting through this. I'm really enjoying it. Liked the way you integrated the Justice League into the storyline.

And having Cyborg and Robin meet, very good. I'll have to finish the rest later, but great job. _

PS. Yep, Cyborg's part of "Drifting" is up now for reading, by far the hardest chapter to write.
150 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »