Reviews for Sun Sets, Ra Rises
Shanako chapter 1 . 4/15/2005
Wwahh! You've written one that's made me REALLY, REALLY sad AND depressed at the same time! I wish I had a friend that close-that I could tell everything to them and they never told anyone else, make memories that lasted forever, and that we cry like fools when the other left. I really like this one-you haven't dissapointed me! Keep up the good work!
lillyrose1 chapter 1 . 2/25/2005
Ack! You made me cry! I lovedit! Nothing like good angst before swimming. Touched my soul! I love bakura and Malik but I've never really given much though to them being friends. I will have to look into that! Beautiful! Question- who died Bakura or Malik?
Faux Promises chapter 1 . 12/17/2004
Oh, that is sad about your friend. I have similar thoughts of death...I feel like I can't die and just have nothing...I don't want to live forever in heaven/the afterlife though..I mean, it would be tiring..unless after you die you are eternally happy...hmm...Well I always wear my ankh, I have never taken it off since I got it from the Psychic Eye store, it really does bring you happiness and health. It is a good idea to wear one. I like saying the Invocation of Isis every night too..

Holy Goddess Isis, mother of all beings...

Heh, it's coming back to me right now

Best wishes to you, hope you and your friend can still hang out. Don't worry about her dying before you. No matter which of you dies first, the other will have to be sad. Death is inevitable. But I suppose we are all going to go to one place when we die if we are not murderers or something of the sort.

*end of deep conversation*

HoukaDoragon chapter 1 . 12/3/2004
wow..that sounds like you and your friend are really close. i used to have a friend like that named Tricia. in 5th grade, i met her when she moved from florda. in 7th grade, Tricia invited a girl to our lunch table named Hope. we became friends with her, and in 7th and 8th grade, she became one of us. Tricia and Hope kept getting closer and closer. they slept over at each other's houses ever wekend. and left me behind. i still wonder what would have happened if Tricia had never invited Hope over to our lunch table.
Chibi Tea chapter 1 . 10/14/2004
Wah*sob* Aww *hic* great you *hic* made me cry *sob*
Nachzes-Black Rider chapter 1 . 4/30/2004
Nachzes: Boo hoo hoo hoo! *tears coming out of the corners of her closed eyes like a fountain* Whah! *buries face in handkerchief that wasn't there two seconds ago* *sniffle*
Kaiba: *anoyed*'s not like its me or anything. Its just Ryou. *falls off chair as the authoress throws a pillow at him.* Itai!
Nachzes: What does that mean, anyways?
Kaiba: I dunno? I think its a curse that means ouch or somthin like that.
Nachzes: ahh...Maybe WSJ could tell us *looks at WSJ* Tell us, please, what itai means. and nii-sama if you could. I think it means big brother, or somthing, but I'm not sure. Good story. Love it. Very sad...*sniffles again*
Kaiba:*rolls eyes*
Gone-for-lunch chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
This fic is so so so so sweet...because friendship is so important and to lose a friend, especially in that way...horrible...poor Ryou.
koriaena chapter 1 . 4/3/2004
yikes! *pushes away tears* that was real sad! yeah. i know what it means to have a sister/soulmate friend. i sometimes get that feeling too... only, its not always dieing. i have a bad history with friends moving far away and then losing touch with them... sometimes, i get scared of that, ya know?
Saiyan Jedi chapter 1 . 2/23/2004
hm... out off all that, i think the end note was most moving. i don't know if i have a freind like that. i certainly know if he died, i'd be torn apart, but i don't know how he feels. i've had nightmares about it. i guess i'm just ranting, too. but ranting relieves pressure on your mind.
Great fic.
Onee-sama no Kaede chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
This brought tears to my eyes. I think the only person who's close to being this close to me is Starry. In real life, I don't have many friends. I think it's because I guard my heart and hide behind many masks...But when I talk to Starry, those masks are discarded, and the barriers are down. This really has showed me that a true friend is someone who's there for you in the good times and in the bad.
Miiko Ashida chapter 1 . 1/1/2004
That really, really touched me. My best friend moved halfway across the country recently, and I've never been whole since. This is quite eerie, that you've had the same circumstances and that you'd write a story based off of it. I hope you and your friend can keep in touch.
dun have an acount yet P chapter 1 . 12/25/2003
Oh...that's to bad about your friend...I hope that she doesn't die before you and you have to live without half of your soul...But you know when you mentioned alternate universes where Ryou is blind or Malik is in love with Anzu? There are actual fics where that happens! Odd, isn't it?
Steeple333 chapter 1 . 12/21/2003
I hope it works out between you and your friend.
Toboe LoneWolf chapter 1 . 12/12/2003
O.o Another angsty fic? ... ; Ah well, it's always fun to read about physiological pain.
Ah, a "friendship-tear-apart thing." I like how you set Malik and Ryou's friendship up...and then ripped it apart.
Djanil: Cold-blooded, that's what you are.
LoneWolf16: ; No...just detached from time to time. Ya know, it's kinda funny how you made Ryou "confess" his leaving while they were dead drunk. Perhaps to keep emotions relatively low? O.o And if that's "low" I wonder what would happen if they were sober... Not a happy thought. Cool Egypt connection; I always like those. Poor Ryou, though... now he probably has to deal w/ "Set" ( Kaiba? Naw...) and Bakura now. Wonder how Malik died though: suicide (probability) or simply coincidence? Somehow with your angst tendencies I'm looking at the suicide factor again here...
About your own troubles...*tentatively* I really don't know what to say. Everything that comes to mind seems so cliche and sappy to me. O.o You're moving to a 4x times bigger school and your friend's going to be home-schooled? Whooe, that's an opposite viewpoint there... Large schools are actually not too intimating; you just forget a lot more people than normal. And it's a lot easier to play hide-and-go-seek.
Djanil: O.O Please tell me you don't do that...
LoneWolf16: ; An example, that's all... *shrugs* Ah well, life is just not pretty unless you make it so. *shyly* Oh, try listening to "I Will Be Here" by Steven Curtis Chapman. It's a great song; total counter to angst. I even wrote a fic on it- (Djanil: *WHACK*) *waves* Ah well, till next time!
Brood who's currently nursing a stomach turkey overload chapter 1 . 11/27/2003
Brood: *sniff* Imouto-chan, I'm sorry that your friend is going to be home-schooled...and don't worry, I'm sure that she won't be dying anytime soon...*glomps* It'll all be okay!
And this story was great too! Loved Ryou and Malik's lil interlude of drunkeness...Hmm...Malik imitating Yami Yuugi...*snigger*