Reviews for The Angel of Music
Riene chapter 4 . 7/23/2005
"She would sing it for Erik, for her father…and for herself."

Loved this ending...very well done, your best writing yet.

~Riene
Riene chapter 3 . 7/23/2005
"A dressing gown may have been well enough for an angel, but she felt it rather inappropriate for a singing tutor." *laughing* I loved this line.

"As she sang, she was instantly transformed. She was five years old again, dancing in the sunlight, her bare feet skimming across the grass. Her father laughed. It was he playing the violin! He had come back to her in her Angel of Music… She sang, she sang with her soul light and renewed. She sang in a way she hadn’t since her father had died and the feeling within her was that of ecstasy." Oh, this is wonderful, wonderful parallel here.

"Something was telling Meg that there was trouble to be found in the midst of this fairy tale." *smiles* Meg at 16 is a bit more worldly than her friend.

Ah, good unmasking scene! Nicely done, with the realization she hadn't seen him/accepted him as a child after all.

"his pain would be over far sooner than her nightmares would end." Good line.

There are a couple minor nit-picky things, but will drop you an email about them.

You really need to stay on me, to remind me to review, you know... :)

~Riene
Riene chapter 2 . 7/23/2005
She kept the roses! This is a gentle story so far, a young and innocent Christine, a kind Erik...let's see what happens next...

~R
Angelic Lawyer chapter 4 . 5/23/2005
Aw, I loved this ending, it's so beautiful and lingering. :) I liked it how you gave a new meaning to Chritine's initiative to sing in that gala night - it actually became something she did because she wanted to, not because Madame Giry or Erik drove her to do. What a good idea, really, her character grew much more indepenent and wise.

Well, the whole story is very inovative and I'm happy with the ending. Good job!
Cestruma chapter 4 . 5/9/2005
Oh! I hope you're planning another sequel! Hmm but after you finish How Long Should We Two Wait first!

Sigh poor Erik.
Fantome chapter 4 . 5/9/2005
How sweet. I love how it came around full circle and she knew she had to apologize to him. The end is wonderful!
monroe-mary chapter 4 . 5/6/2005
...

And that's it?

What happens to poor Erik?

She becoems a star and he dweels in misery and solitude the rest of his life? She never comes to accept his face, or try to recover his friendship?

Please, tell me you'll write another sequel to this! It's too sad!
Midasgirl chapter 4 . 5/6/2005
Oh, my darling girl ...

Christine needs a big hug and a night out with Meg and Raoul (oh, come off it, if we're talking comfort Raoul's the way to go. They could go to a funfair and ride the carousel and he'd win her a big fluffy teddy bear. Me, anachronistic?) And I love the ending (I don't think it comes off as though she's willingly entering into an abusive relationship, honestly) - I don't think it could have ended all happy and fluffy, but I love the prospect of hope.

But oh! Christine putting herself forward! There's our girl! :D We knew she could do it!

I love it. Of course! I think this may be the most sophisticated thing you've ever written; it's so subtle and complex. (That said, I think you now owe me some serious R/C fluff ;)) *huggles*
monroe-mary chapter 3 . 4/14/2005
Finally the third chapter! I realized I hadn't added you to my athor alert list, so I suppose I was fortunate to fall upon your story again!

Poor Erik, so totally hopeless, feeling unworthy of anything good...His last chace of happiness has flown away. I felt so incredibly sad for him in the end when he'd become no more than an empty shell, blind to any feeling or emotion. Will Christine come to see things in a different light? Will there be a 4th chapter ? I mean, this year? I hope so!
Angelic Lawyer chapter 3 . 4/3/2005
It's great to see yet another chapter of this story! Well, I knew the unmasking would be havoc for them both, even greater than usual due to the peculiar misunderstood you placed in their past here. But I can't help but pity the two, you know, they were so happy, each living in a particular illusion, heh.

I liked your despriction of the unmasking, it wasn't only the circumstances that made it a unique passage here. The way you described, with great detail, Christine's thoughts and feelings is definetely a plus.

All I can say is that I hope you update more as soon as you can, because this story is really incredible and it's always a joy to read a new chapter! :)

PS: Keep remembering words in Portuguese like this and soon you'll be fluent, hehe!
PenelopeBlack13 chapter 3 . 3/31/2005
Agh, so sad! I'm glad you updated it though. I liked how you didn't just go from when they first meet to the unmasking, but showed a gradual progression. And how naive your Christine is just kills me. So fitting though. I wonder what your epilogue is going to be about though. Christine waking up? Hope you'll update soon. :D
Fantome chapter 3 . 3/30/2005
So sweet!I loved seeing Christine happy as a little girl again. "Christine... maybe he is an angel," aww! :)

I love how it took her a minute to realize what she was seeing after she unmasked Erik. Oh, poor Erik. "And you are not hurting me?" great line there, reminscent of abusive alcoholics.

Oh, that was very well done. Great job.
Midasgirl chapter 3 . 3/30/2005
"his pain would be over far sooner than her nightmares would end". *wails* No! It's so unfair! (You would have thought I'd have got over this by now, wouldn't you? ;))

I love the fluff ("Erik reminded her of so many good things" - ahh!); I love Meg (she should have told Mme. Giry. She would have fixed everything!)); and I want to cry because of the end of the chapter. *whimpers*

And no! *cowers away from WIW* (Although I think I prefer it coming out of you than Maria ... or Oliver Thornton.)

*sniffs* Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to go and fetch a big teddy bear and watch Love Actually and eat ice cream ...
madamefaust chapter 3 . 3/29/2005
Excellent writing, par usual. Christine makes me so angry...and Erik makes me so sad. Oh well, c'est la vie.
monroe-mary chapter 2 . 3/24/2005
This chapter was very beautiful in my sense, I loved that she kept the rose. Maybe the imeline doean't make sense, but after, where would be the pleasure of fan ficcs if you couldn't allow yourself a few liberties? ;) I would have been urious to see how this turned out, but it looks like you've decided not to post a third chapter after all. Pity. Still, I enjoyed reading it.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »