Reviews for The Right Kind Of People
Relaxing Pikachu chapter 4 . 1/15/2004
Great chapter! I like this kid a lot so far. I also like how nice Lars is treating him, and he's an excellent player. At least one of the kids were invited to the housewarming. I can't wait to see what Sam finds out about Bill. I also hope that they all can become friends. Bill friends with Otto's group and Lars's, and then maybe they all can act friendlier with one another.

I shouldn't hold my breath, should I? lol
Relaxing Pikachu chapter 3 . 12/1/2003
Cool, nice chapter! I liked Lars's descriptions of Otto, Reggie, Twister, and Sam. I also like the reason he gave to Bill's, "they're littler than us," statement. Makes a lot of sense, actually.
BTW, how old /is/ Bill supposed to be by chance?
Bill in OC chapter 3 . 11/29/2003
Hi all... Just a couple of replies:
As to the "long, sad story" only Klasky, Csupo, and the big boy upstairs know for sure. Maybe somebody else here can develop something around it, but I did a bit of web research. There is it turns out a flesh and blood person named Lars Rodriguez, and he owns an artistic design firm in Germany. There's also a few people named Maurice Rodriguez, one of whom was a linebacker (#61) with St. Louis up until last summer.
Also there will be a few surprises in store as the story progresses, so stay tuned. ;)
Relaxing Pikachu chapter 2 . 11/27/2003
Cool, I liked this chapter! So Bill is going to be hanging with Lars and his friends. I'm also curious as to why his being named Lars has such a long, sad story behind it. Update soon so we can all find out! _
mike2000 chapter 2 . 11/23/2003
"Lars Rodriguez." Lars noticed Bill's enlarging eyes, and interpreted them as wondering why a Rodriguez would have a name like Lars. He gripped Bill's extended hand. "Yeah, I know your next question. It's a long, sad story..."

* wonders what long, sad story could that be *

Hey, very good, very, very good! Your writing style is very fluent and interesting! I like your story!

Mike.
knoodelhed chapter 2 . 11/23/2003
-"One excellent kind choice, lil cuz"- Having spent time in the islands I notice that the lines Tito was given were not completely authentic. I'm glad somebody else notices, and I wonder if Bumatai tried to get more input into the writing.

-he tore into his breakfast and chomped one of the sausage slices. About ten seconds later, Bill took a sip of water- - So right! Actually I prefer kielbasa, it's spicy the honest old fashioned way, not full of vinegar! :)

-"Here's the way it is, esse: Our hockey game starts at eleven o'clock. With, OR, withoutcha. Capeesh?"- Whoa! So in character. And Lars was talking to a friend!

Keep up the good work, looking forward to more.
knoodelhed chapter 1 . 11/23/2003
A very poignant situation. But it was cool and novel of the parents to take Bill *and* his best buds on that trip just before officially moving.

/"I... I really like... being around you guys. I wish I could always have friends like you who can do everything I can do and like the same kind of stuff."/ - Bullseye! Friendship is IMO /the/ key theme in RP - the best stories are those that concentrate on it - and it's in that context that activity gets interesting.
Relaxing Pikachu chapter 1 . 11/22/2003
Hey, interesting intro, just wish there was a bit more to it.

Well, hopefully, you'll finish soon. _
mike2000 chapter 1 . 11/22/2003
Hey, that looks promising!

It reminds me of certain events in my own life... I also had to move sometime to start anew elsewhere, and it was hard to get rid of my stuff and acquaintances and moving away to a new city.

Good writing style, hope you continue soon!

Later!