Reviews for Hadley's Hope, Population 159
dbcook1 chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
OK, I don’t know you Rob764, but this is MY story! I wrote this back in middle school/early high school. I have no idea how you got a hold of this, I thought it was totally lost after my mom sold the mac that it was written on. Did you by chance come across this on an old mac in Savannah? How dare you steal some else’s work without properly crediting it! Grrrr, at least I know it’s still out there and people are reading it. That kind of makes me happy.

Basically the following chapters mainly follow the alien that will eventually break out of Newt’s father’s chest and terrorizes the colony. There is even a pretty nasty run in and shoot out between the colony’s police officer and the alien in which the alien narrowly escapes. Ultimately, they colonists manage to kill that one alien by luring it into a corridor with charges and detonating them (at the place in Aliens where the big hole in the floor is found going down many decks and eaten away by acid).

However, the group that goes out to do a follow up investigation of the site (Bridges, Brorsbig, Marachuk, and Wendigo) two become infected and are rushed back to the colony. However, their vehicle crashes about half way back and the remaining non-infected are forced to walk back to the colony on foot with the two comatose infected. Just before reaching the colony, the two baby aliens, including a queen, burst out and escape to the colony. That’s when all hell breaks loose and the attacks escalate forcing the surviving colonists ever more into the central parts of the complex. Eventually the aliens break through the barricades and proceed to take the surviving colonists back the queen. There is even a scene when Timmy (Newt’s brother) dies trying to protect his mom from being taken away in front of Newt’s eyes.

Still don’t believe that I wrote this, just go ahead and publish the remaining chapters Rob764 and see if it all matches up… I truly dare you to!
Warlord Darnell chapter 2 . 8/16/2012
Oh wow. That's incredible. I have always wondered what went on in those days, between the deleted scene in Aliens and when the Marines arrive on the planet. I look forward to more
Smock chapter 1 . 8/27/2004
Ahh nice, im really tired of all the crappy fan fic this place gets and its nice that theres at least one good writer! keep up the good work
shiganomi chapter 2 . 1/29/2004
that was dumb, realy if you want a good story you'll have to do a lot better and it needs to be longer. Also you need to understand how to fully end a story like "the last officer,a lonely privite uses his last bit of strenght to detoninate the explosive that he had placed on the reactor in which the creatures had placed themselves around for the heat that was leaking out of creak in the core main casing. This detonination caused a thermonuclear chain reaction, which left the planet a ball of flames."
Sincerely,
THE GOD OF DEATH
PadawanMage chapter 2 . 1/21/2004
Like how you're using characters whom we only know the names of from the movie (Marachuk?)..
Always wondered if the implantation would show up in a scan. Will it show when they scan Jorden? And where's Newt?
It does figure that more than one would get attacked and then brought back to the colony..
Please more!
PadawanMage chapter 1 . 1/21/2004
I've always wanted to read about the life of the colony before and during the alien outbreak and nearest I could find was a comic series by Darkhorse called 'Newt's Tale'.
Not a bad start..hope to read more soon!
FISHY1 chapter 2 . 12/17/2003
Cool! Can't wait for the next chapter
Elisabet Hau chapter 2 . 12/8/2003
You are so good! Keep it up, and give us some more. I can see that a lot of other aliens-fans out there are waitting to hear the true story of what really happened to Hadleys Hope. So far, we've got a good taste of it. I would be so happy if you wrote on soon!
EduaWolf chapter 2 . 12/6/2003
I like it, its very good. Continue soon, some of these guys will get an alien. I want to read when Jorden will be dead by the xenomorph. And, who will be the winner with the Queen?
Warrior of Virtue chapter 2 . 12/1/2003
Update ASAP! This has potential.
Corpral Hicks chapter 2 . 12/1/2003
Good so far looking forward to reading the rest!
AniseAvP chapter 2 . 11/29/2003
Looking forward to the next chapter. This is very interesting :o)
Anise.
Akyra chapter 2 . 11/29/2003
Awesome story! Loved everypart of it especially the detail. Keep on writing I'm dieing to know whats gonna happen.
Jord chapter 2 . 11/28/2003
Another great chapter! I have one suggestion though: make 'em longer.
Elisabet Hau chapter 1 . 11/26/2003
This is good... this is very good!

I have waited so long to see this! Please write on, soon!