Reviews for Secrets and Sacrifices
alix33 chapter 42 . 4/15/2010
"I'm already going stir crazy in here." - "stir-crazy" gets hyphenated.
alix33 chapter 40 . 4/15/2010
"Those sheets, along with a similarly colored blanket," - I hope that blanket is the softest, coziest and warmest the US Navy has. I - and my favourite fictional people, of which Harm is one - are quite partial to just such cozy, soft and warm blankets. In fact, I get incredibly pissed-off if either I or any of my favourite fictional people have to sleep cold.

"Trish joins Frank in the waiting area, and finds him talking with a nervous—and somewhat familiar looking—young man. "You're Sergei, aren't you?" she guesses before either of the men can say a word. There is no anger or malice in her voice; and no indication of what she feels about meeting the man her son has embraced as a brother. Sergei jumps to his feet, and would have bolted for the door were it not for Frank's hand on his arm. "Yes, ma'am, I am Sergei," he replies, his nervousness making his accent even more pronounced than usual. When she first learned of Sergei's existence, she was angry—angry at the war for taking her husband from her and their young son, angry at the governments that kept him away and yes, angry at Harm for hiding the information from her until he had no choice but to come clean. She wasn't, however, angry at her late husband for his part in all of it; by the time Sergei was born, she had married Frank and moved on with her life as best as she could, how could she deny him the chance to find a bit of happiness—if indeed he was happy—when it became apparent to him he'd never make it home. And intellectually she understood why Harm hadn't told her about Sergei when he'd found him—even though she'd moved on with her life and found happiness with Frank, she would always love her first husband—Harm was just trying to protect his memory. "What are you doing here?" Trish's overwhelming fear for her son, and the fact that she's just spent several hours talking, makes her tone harsher than she intends; it's not until Sergei speaks that he realizes what it must have sounded like. "I will leave," he offers sadly and without malice, trying again to pull away from Frank. Trish's head snaps up at that and her weary eyes meet the inquisitive gaze of her husband. "Stay, please. I apologize if my question sounded harsh or abrupt; it was not my intention. What I'd like to know is how did you find out Harm was here, and how long are you able to stay?" Even the second time around the questions aren't exactly what she would have liked to have said, but this time although her voice is still a bit rough, but unmistakably non-hostile. "I am applying again for American citizenship. Mr. Webb met my plane when it landed and brought me here. All he told me was Harm was hurt, but there is so much security here it must be more than that." - AW! and Yay! I LIKE Sergei loads (though his taste in female US Navy officers needs serious work, since NO ONE goes out with someone like Loren Singer)!
alix33 chapter 37 . 4/15/2010
"I think the difference is that someone assumes the team leaders must have an office or at least a cubby hole somewhere they call home to display it" - "cubbyhole" is one word.
alix33 chapter 35 . 4/15/2010
"a few have nearly brought her to tears," - Were I Mac, I would have cried, not just been nearly brought to tears.
alix33 chapter 34 . 4/15/2010
"This time Harm does still, his gaze slowly finding and focusing on his former mentor, then moving on to the others in the helo. There is no confusion in his eyes when he notices the Ranger medic; rather a smile tugs at the corner of his mouth before he winces in pain. "Can't be a dream," he rasps out, "don't dream about Rangers." That breaks the tension;" - Hehehe.

"Permission to come aboard?" he asks weakly. Startled by the question from a man who little resembles the strong, confident aviator who left his deck a few days before it takes McKnight a minute to process the question. "Permission granted," he calls after the men carrying the stretcher to sickbay, too far to see the tiny smile briefly flit across Harm's face." - AW!

"The journey to sickbay seems to take forever; with the corridors cleared of personnel it is actually one of the fastest in the history of the ship." - I wish they would award the stretcher-bearers some kind of prize for that.
alix33 chapter 33 . 4/15/2010
"carrying full cups of coffee along with steaming blueberry muffins," - EW! I LOATHE blueberries cooked in anything; raw I LOVE them!

"Colonel MacKenzie said she could sleep either," - "couldn't sleep".

"Mac knocks on his door frame," - "doorframe" is one word.

"Todd's team constructs a make-shift stretcher with their shirts." - "makeshift" does not get hyphenated.
alix33 chapter 31 . 4/15/2010
"Harm lets out a sigh of relief when he sees who the newcomer is. "It's good to see you, Corporal," he greets Jack. "Captain, I'm glad I found you," Jack returns. "You don't look like you're doing very well," he observes." - Yay!

Oh heck, not yay after all (after reading/realising Jack is a spy of Sadik's).
alix33 chapter 29 . 4/15/2010
"In a way is makes it easier for Harm to locate the camp," - "In a way this makes it easier for Harm to locate the camp,".
alix33 chapter 28 . 4/15/2010
I hope Jack went to look for Harm.
starryeyes12 chapter 43 . 4/15/2010
great story
alix33 chapter 4 . 4/15/2010
"For a Marine you sure know your way around a carrier," Sturgis jokes. "I was lost in less than 5 minutes." The ghost of a smile flits across Mac's face. "I had a good guide for years," she replies softly." - AW!
alix33 chapter 3 . 4/15/2010
"His sleep befuddled brain took several long minutes to process who was on the other side of the door and invite him inside. "Did I interrupt a nap Commander?" his visitor asked. "Sorry sir. I just got done with debriefing and arrived here a short time ago. There hasn't been much time for sleep." His tongue is practically tripping over the words. And he has no idea what he just said. He could only hope it came out more intelligently than he fears it did. "That's an awfully polite way of telling me I just woke you from the first sleep you've had in quite some time by the looks of things," his visitor commented wryly. His brain has begun coordinating between his thoughts and his tongue finally. "What can I do for you Mr. Secretary?" he asks, hiding a yawn. "I have an assignment for you that begins immediately," Secretary Sheffield informed him." - I miss SecNav Sheffield: I only realised how much I liked him on JAG once I met the oily oik of a SecNav they have in season 6 of NCIS.
tkdmom51 chapter 43 . 4/14/2010
I am excited to see you updating this story, it has been a favorite of mine. Well written, I feel you have captured Harm and what he stands for! I look forward to your next update
Michi uk chapter 43 . 4/14/2010
Glad Harms been able to tell Trish and Frank, some of the secrets he's hidden from them,all these years.

So sad, Harms parents have to go for there own safety, as they really don't want to leave Harm alone, but he promises he will keep in touch, but not for a while. Please don't keep us waiting for the next chapter,

Hugs Michelle UK
Michi uk chapter 42 . 4/14/2010
Still no good news for Harm,his white cell count still elevated.

OMG i do hope they resolve, Harms bloodcount soon, can't stand the suspense.

Great story, but please don't make me wait another 3 mnths.

Michelle UK