Reviews for Gentle Heart
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
i believe the 'second battousai' was a filler, probably filmed before the 'remembrance arc' was published in manga. it was a very interesting coincidence. 'if only's are just imaginary smoke and mirrors but his 'if only' was playing out before his eyes -if only it could have been him...

a rather bitter look at his own past -his current life course will, however, lead eventually to his prolonged happiness.

THIS is why i search the archives.

delighted,

ginny

kokoronagomu. deviantart. com

ټ
ruruken15 chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
Hey! i liked that episode! Not for Kensin's attitude, although the expressions were priceless, but just the fact that such a doofus could actually make people afraid of him pretending to be the Battosai! I mean come on, doesn't everyone know that he has red hair? and the cross shaped scar is on his left cheek, not the left arm...idiot...Anyway, I liked the story! It was in interesting way to tie Kenshin's birth name to that episode! Very emotional!
Warg chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
Wow...

This is great work...the entire prose screams resonance...the writing simple and containing character depth is very satisfying...Loved the repitions but the ending was my fav...how like Kenshin to muse those words...

This is awesome work with such flimsy raw material(not a big fan of episodes after the Kyoto Arc)... Bye
Veleda chapter 1 . 12/30/2004
I'm glad someone noticed that part besides me. I wondered if the writers used the name Shinta on purpose.

This was a sweet and melancholy story. Kenshin is perfectly in character, and you wrote his thoughts and feelings very well.

This is a meaningful piece, and, actually, managed to give the episode deeper meaning for me.
aikawarazuai chapter 1 . 9/18/2004
Aw. I just love this. So much angst, so much drama! :D

Even if it didn't turn out exactly as planned, it turned out better than if it was planned ;P

ah, lovely! _
pruningshears chapter 1 . 5/30/2004
that was very well written, i have to admit i never saw that episode (in fact i haven't seen a lot of episodes -_-u) but i liked what you did with the situation. I know some people who would cry when they read this, even though i didnt. But seriously it got me thinking, and isnt that the goal of all writing? I'll be sure to come back and read it again if i ever catch that episode. Great job.
BrorJace chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
Aww I liked it, it was short, simple, and well writen. I think this could have been one of those "kenshin almost crying" moments.
TanukiGirl22 chapter 1 . 1/2/2004
wow, that was really good. i never saw that episode, so i was a little confused at first with the 'false Battousai' thing, but the summary at the bottom helped. contrary to most people, i enjoy the filler episodes for the comedy (and sometimes the romance like the end of eps. 66 Kaoru Ecstatic) i hear this one's funny, and i'd like to see this boy named Shinta. after reading this, i'm sure i'd be thinking along the same lines as you if i ever see the episode. keep writing, you're doing a great job! and can you look at my fics? i know they can't really compare to some of your work (this is the only one i've read so far but i heard you were great) but i'd appreciate some tips from a fanfic writing veteran (no offence meant if you took any)
Sean Montgomery chapter 1 . 12/16/2003
Now THIS is a good story! I don't know what you mean by 'Kendo No Go' as your best - this one was pretty well thought out, I thought! I had wondered if Kenshin would have thought something about the young boy who shared his name. This fic makes me think more. Good work!
Crazy Girl Person chapter 1 . 12/13/2003
Yes! Excellent story! When I saw that episode I was all like, "Hey, that kid's got the same name as Kenshin!" and I wondering a bit myself what he must've thought of that. Guess you answered that one for me. I love your character sketches, they always seem right on the mark to me. Keep up the wonderful work!
NanakiloverBrukaoru chapter 1 . 11/25/2003
Wow, even though I haven't seen episode 77 yet, your summary at the bottom helped alot. Really sad, makes me want to cry! Very good.
Neko Oni-chan chapter 1 . 11/24/2003
*Laughs* Heh, I thought that episode rather lame... along with most of the fillers. But we can never get enough of are Rurouni.

But, wow! You made a crappy episode into something a lot more to think about. I remember I did think along the same lines when the kid named Shinta turned up, and it perked my interest into seeing if anything of Kenshin's past would come up... but, nah. Nothing that cool. So you turned it into something I think all RuroKen fans would have wanted to see instead. But you're right, it really wouldn't of fit into the silly plot.

I love how your mind works and takes something so small and turns into something to ponder about. A good read, and do turns these little quarks in the scripts into something wonderful to read again.

Later -Oni
hakubaikou chapter 1 . 11/24/2003
This was very interesting, Akai. I never cared for this episode, but I really enjoyed your fic. It brought a richness and depth to an otherwise annoying episode. But then again, coming from you, that doesn't surprise me anymore. You could probably make stereo instructions interesting. Heh!
JML chapter 1 . 11/24/2003
i think this piece is fitting. personally, i thought that praticular episode a bit hilarious but at the same time, a bit more poignant in a small way. a man who is also a veteran of the Bakumatsu taking up one of the most deadliest names in their history to care for orphans. ironic, in a good way.
Rainchaser chapter 1 . 11/24/2003
Oh, wow!

I remember watching that episode and wondering what on earth was going through Kenshin's head - I kept expecting him to react in some way and was rather disappointed when he didn't...

This is just so... perfectly in keeping with how he'd react. I'm in awe _