Reviews for Summer of Despair and Hope
OllyOllyOxycodone chapter 19 . 11/9
What a laughable outcome to the duel between Harry and Hermione. You're telling me that she just beat the supposed next DADA professor? Well it is now blatantly obvious he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the teaching position seeing as how he can't even best someone who got an E on their Defense O.W.L. Ridiculous.
CynthiaP chapter 8 . 8/26
Love the direction that this is taking. Unique - like the nice Dumbledore too.
WorkerBee chapter 28 . 8/19
I loved your mention of Belgarath. I loved reading those books. Still have them.
Dallasanne chapter 19 . 8/8
It's only about 40 minutes from the northern edge of Surrey to Central London. Yet in your story it takes "several hours" for the Grangers to arrive there. One of the surprises that many Americans have on their first visit to England is just how small the U.K. really is compared to the U.S. - it'sonly about 400 miles from Kings Cross Station in London to Edinburgh (in Scotland), which is why Rowling has the Hogwart's Express take about 5 1/2 hours to get there. (It leaves at 11, and arrives about an hour before dinner at Hogwart's, which is at 6:30 according to Pottermore.)

Interesting story, but there are a few fact errors - like taking hours for a 40 minute drive - and grammar errors that could be cleaned up.
TheLittleRoguex chapter 1 . 7/17
Loved it
Senas chapter 25 . 6/5
Ok you sly bugger, I am one of those who have had the pleasure of reading The Belgariad and The Mallorean. I will admit i fell off my chair in surprise because i never saw Good 'old Belgarath coming, How dare you not make ANY hints about my favourite series appearing in this wonderful novel. I will be reading further to see if Harry and Hermione pick up The Will and the Word. I will be very interested to see where you take this.
missgsmith51 chapter 25 . 3/2
Molly wiped Ron's face with a dishrag? At his age? Eeuuww! That's as bad as spit on a Kleenex when one is a 4-year-old.

So Hermione doesn't think much of Snape's Legilimency/Occlumency technique. Luckily for her, he seemed far more gentle than he ever was with Harry.

Perfect Percy ... I feel sorry for Penelope.
missgsmith51 chapter 24 . 3/2
"Go wake the chunk of coal!" LOL! I can't help feeling Luna is rather optimistic about Ronald's academic prowess. Then again, perhaps she has a "creative" reward system planned which will utilize the many broom cupboards of Hogwarts.

Well, I've always considered Dung the weak link in the network of the Order. I'm sorry he was Kissed, but at least he can't give the information. I worry about Snape.

I don't much care for Mary. She sounds like a pill.
missgsmith51 chapter 23 . 3/2
So Ron will be named as the man who discovered - or is it REdiscovered? - the Crumple-Horned Snorkack? That should make him happy, as he will finally have his own fame and even some money.

I'm sorry ... That potion sounds disgusting with all that blood. I nearly lost my breakfast - a testament to your descriptive powers. (Yes, I realize the description was in the last chapter, but they drank it in this one.)

I can't wait till Hermione experiences Snape's Occlumency lessons.
missgsmith51 chapter 19 . 3/1
It almost seems as if stabbing the portrait and killing Kreacher have freed the house from the feeling of evil and oppression that pervaded it.

I do wonder if Harry will ever truly be forgiven (by Hermione) for killing Kreacher. They certainly won't learn about Regulus and the locket from him now. In fact, I wonder if they will ever find the locket with him gone. Still, Harry really couldn't have set him free, as he'd planned, because he knew too many secrets and too much Order business. Isn't that why Dumbledore would never let Sirius free Kreacher?
missgsmith51 chapter 18 . 3/1
LOL! I love it when Harry and his lover (whoever it happens to be) torment Voldy with their amorous activities! Too bad they can't figure out a way to kill him in the process. He and Snape have a lot in common, don't they? Anytime something is wrong, they scream "Potter!" and automatically blame Harry.

Is Molly still planning for Harry to marry Ginny? Is that why she was so livid?
Trebores1 chapter 20 . 9/6/2014
FYI, Hermione is 10 1/2 months older than Harry. The note from Albus should have said that she is 25 months old or maybe a little more than 2 years old (since the note was put in the trunk after the Potters were killed.
Trebores1 chapter 13 . 9/5/2014
Very nicely written.
Nate chapter 4 . 8/6/2014
Ugh "He's the Greatest Wizard there is!"

Yeah - done with this shit.
Engrprince chapter 11 . 1/1/2014
I love all tree of your ships in this one. I always think Luna is the best for Ron and can actually make him a likable character. Thank You for this story.