Reviews for Gold Like Tears
queenieb chapter 7 . 2/6/2005
This is fascinating ... angsty, yet bittersweet with joys intermingled. I couldn't help but be drawn in. I wonder if this brooch will now become a heirloom of the house of Telcontar - will it bring ill onto each of its future bearers, its history forgotten?
amlugwen chapter 1 . 2/21/2004
woah! this story seems so "real" as if written in one of the lost tales books! just closer to the characters and not like uncaring history and bard's tales but more with the characters (if my english in this part is to confusing - just take it as a: it is very good!)
btw. the little orc loves the killing scenes and reads them over and over... especially the one with the balrog and that is why i review to this chapter... -
Akedhi chapter 1 . 12/17/2003
Zimraphel, would I be correct in assuming that that is the brooch that Aragorn receives later with the name Elessar?
Wonderful, wonderful story. I would be crying, but I don't need to hear the comments from my art class. So sad. :(
Tindomiel chapter 7 . 12/16/2003
um, i'm a little confused. did he take the brooch or not?
Tinni chapter 7 . 12/14/2003
Nice story. Really nice.
Erestor chapter 7 . 12/13/2003
Perfect ending, that's all I have to say. :)
Hiro-tyre chapter 1 . 12/11/2003
And I shall dance and prance and nance on this archive as well, because I love this story. And because Glorfindel is being written of in Goldolin.
Tindomiel chapter 6 . 12/11/2003
OOh. The 'cursed gold' reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean. So the doom continues...
Erestor chapter 6 . 12/8/2003
Smart Glorfindel! Hearing about the end of the bead was a very satisfying part of this chapter, but as the gold has not quite been disposed of, I'm sure this story isn't over. I eagerly await more.
Oh, and Glorfindel was wonderful in this chapter. I liked the way he mixed up his Quenya and Sindarin.
Tinni chapter 6 . 12/7/2003
I have said this once and I'll say it again. I have never known an author do angst as well as you.
Itarille chapter 6 . 12/7/2003
This is getting more and more interesting. I wonder who will get the gold next...
Mirasaui chapter 6 . 12/7/2003
Isn't that the way things go? Glorfindel should have made sure that the gold was destroyed. Arminas should have instructed Laer to leave the cooling gold alone. In hindsight it is easy to find fault. And now the ill-fated metal will go back in the crucible to be melted with other scraps and cast into a new form. So yet another will be subjected to its curse. Look forward to the final chapter in your story.
Tindomiel chapter 5 . 12/3/2003
brilliant. simply fantastic.
Tinni chapter 5 . 12/2/2003
Is there going to be another chapter?
Macilwen chapter 4 . 12/1/2003
Isn't it peredhel for half-Elven or something like that? Or that may be Sindarin. I have peredhel.
's a good story.