Reviews for Tame the Whirlwind
Spirit's Whisper chapter 7 . 7/14/2008
I so love all your stories! Is there another chapter to this?
Lady Spezz chapter 7 . 12/1/2005
I know this story is a good 2 or more years old, but I hope you will hear me, all the same.

This was incredible. I have never read a fic that was so realistic in terms with the series. Your writing was near flawless and the metaphors were insane. The detail was perfect and I am in love with the way you right. Not to be creepy or anything...

I loved the chess game, by the way.
jewelofbeauty chapter 7 . 7/23/2004
That was awesome! But where to continue? There is not chapter 8. o.O
Crystal Twilight chapter 7 . 6/16/2004
Great. Beautifully written. I thought the butterfly metaphor to Meryl was very cool.
shoujo22 chapter 7 . 3/14/2004
Very nicely done! Good job and I hope to read more from you in the future!
Jaina chapter 7 . 2/22/2004
You know, I meant to review this the day it came out. I wanted to tell you how wonderful I think this story is, how happy I was to see a new quality writer. I wonder what happened to that plan?
Ahem. This really is a lovely, lovely story. Your prose is elegant and flows extremely well. The characterization is spot-on and the character interaction is superb. You hit exactly the right note with these people. There's no posturing or melodrama here; just the same characters we know and love as time has touched them. I found the interactions between Vash and Meryl to be marvelously subtle compared to the average get-together fic. Without a doubt, this is one of my favorite Trigun stories, and without a doubt I'll read anything you come out with.
BlackSandGara chapter 7 . 2/12/2004
I loved your story it was great!
You wrote it at the percit view.
I really liked how you have both Vash's and Meryl's view on things, made it really powerful!
but i have one question why is the last half of chapter seven not there?
Dawnrider chapter 7 . 12/13/2003
Wow, wow and wow. This story really is amazing. The descriptons are phenomenal. I understand ending the story here, but to be honest I felt nearly the same way did when I've finished one of those really good books. Why isn't there more? I'm glad to see you have a sequel. So a round of applause for you.
-Dawnrider31
the old fart chapter 1 . 12/11/2003
Man, don't leave us hanging? What happens next? As if we don't know... :)
Although, you are right, the story can end right where you left it.
Once again, thanks for the 3D characterizations. It's nice to see the Trigun gang act older than 15.
If you decide to do the last chapter of this story, I look forward to it.
By the way, what is Millie's husband's name? Just curious.
amandark chapter 7 . 12/6/2003
Aie! This story is BEAUTIFULLY written! Many, many kudos!
I adore the tickle scene, and the chess one as well! Found myself grinning stupidly through (more than) half the damn story!
This is really cute so far, I agree that it ends just right and well here, but hurrah for more writing!
Keep up the amazing work.
Moonmage chapter 7 . 12/2/2003
YEAH THAT WAS GOOD! can't wait till your next update.
Moonmage(gurdian of moon, stars, night, and all things pure)
Leokia chapter 7 . 12/1/2003
That chapter was so good. I just read your whole story and I love it so far I can't wait until you update again please update soon. I hope that you update soon.
CuRsEd chapter 7 . 11/29/2003
Do you know how often you made my stomach tickle with envy? Your description of scenes are very powerful and some so good that they made me wanna cry. I'm surprised not many people have reviewed your story. Your writing is so great, I'll immediatetly go read the sequel.
Clinesterton Beademung chapter 7 . 11/28/2003
Well, well. What have we here? Why, it's a most rare and welcome increase to the shrinking proportion of good Trigun fanfiction on ffnet.
The biggest strengths of this story are the eloquent, if lengthy, narrative segements. How delightful it is to discover a writer who can build solid, edifying paragraphs. I won't say much about your characterization, because it's so consistent as to be unobtrusive.
However-and this will surprise no one who has ever suffered through one of my beta-reads-I have a few nitpicks:
Don't use any dialogue tag but 'said', and don't let anyone else tell you different. Writers who use words other than 'said' to jazz up their dialogue are writing boring dialogue. Your dialogue is punchy enough without all the said-substitutes, adverbs and adverbial 'with' phrases. (Yes, there are exceptions, but that's what they are: exceptions, not the rule.)
Don't use single quotes to set off your characters' thoughts. Your chosen point of view makes it obvious which character is thinking, and the context makes it obvious when and what he or she is thinking. Your writing keeps the reader in Meryl's thoughts just fine; the single quotes tent to yank him out.
Avoid showing your point-of-view character's emotions. What Meryl is feeling throughout the story comes through loud and clear in her thoughts and actions without the physical embellishments. (Can a character see herself blush, or does she feel it?)
And finally, according to C. J. Cherryh, writing at , an author gets *one* "character examines himself/herself in the mirror" scene in her career. You've used yours up. ;)
Congratulations on a fine effort and thanks for a swell read! I add my voice to the chorus of those who would like to see more of your work.
P. S. Never-ever-use the word 'suddenly'. ;)
mibi chan chapter 7 . 11/26/2003
what a lovely story! i absolutely loved the simplicity, and yet the delicate attention to detail in this "Novella" as you called it. _ i'm so glad you've posted this here. i can't wait until you post the next installments of stories, because i'll be right there reading them! also, if you add that last chapter, i'll surely read it. i feel that the story ends perfecly there as well, but i guess hey! if it's there, why not? _ anyhow, once again beautiful story! i can't wait until you post again.