Reviews for The King Comes Home
innail chapter 15 . 4/30/2014
So, I was re-reading Silmarillion, and I found a line supports your theory about the Silmarilli being 'tainted'. It's in Chapter 20 (page 189 of my copy) 'And every day that [Thingol] looked upon the Silmaril, the more he desired to keep it forever; for such was its power.' 'For such was its power'? hmmm...
Elentarri chapter 18 . 10/19/2010

Sorry to nag, but can you finish this story too please?
AngusH chapter 18 . 8/1/2009
Beautiful and brilliant work, the story is a remarkable work and I enjoyed reading it very much.
Beloved Daughter chapter 18 . 6/30/2009
I love the way that you write LOTR fan fiction - it has a style quite reminiscent of Tolkien himself!
Nelarun chapter 18 . 8/18/2006
Excellent story! I was almost waiting for the Rangers to complain loudly to Aragorn concerning the amount of time he had neglected them. But then I wanted to throttle him when he ordered Gil to be a viceroy/king. But it was a great story.

Redone chapter 18 . 12/22/2005
Oh, an update! At last! Thank you SO much.
Amy chapter 18 . 12/22/2005
Yay, more Fourth Age North Kingdom fic!

So happy to see an update on this story, and hoping for updates on the others, hint hint!
The Sailor Earth chapter 12 . 12/10/2005
If you look into the books, it clearly says Aragorn's heir is his son Eldarion, so he did have a male heir born first, but I kinda like how you brought conflict into it by having his firstborn be a girl, even if it isn't factual to the book.

Sailor Earth
sielge chapter 17 . 12/9/2005
I hope that you will finish this one some day soon!

Your writing is refreshing!
horsiegurl chapter 17 . 12/29/2004
I really like this story and the one before it. They are really good. Happy Holidays.
StorytellerSJK chapter 4 . 12/23/2004
Clearly someone has read their histories. I assume that Trotter is suppose to be a reference to who original shoed hobbit who would in later drafts of Fellowship become Aragorn. I love it.
korrd chapter 17 . 12/2/2004
Great fic and all but wasn't Eldarion the first child of Aragorn? At the end of Rotk it has the ending to the tal of Aragorn and Arwen and specifically says that Aragorn gives Eldarion the scepter and the crown right before he dies. Can you tell me why you decided to have Silmarien born before Eldarion? Update soon.
BenRG chapter 17 . 8/16/2004
Ah! I think that my suspicions are coming true. There indeed are some that believe that Aragorn is giving undue attention to Gondor and its affairs, at the expense of the North. Of course, this isn't true. He has appointed capable viceroys and governors, so Arnor isn't being left without governance, but I think too many people were expecting a return to the golden age of Elendil. Unfortunately, too much has happened for that to be a quick or easy process.

It should be interesting to see how Aragorn proposes to handle this.

BenRG's Rating: 7/10

I'm with Barliman; Those Northern names are hard to pronounce... let alone remember ;-)
Marnie chapter 16 . 6/28/2004
Good point! It hadn't occurred to me that maybe the Rangers of the North, given that they'd been secretly operating and fighting in the North for Centuries might feel a little miffed that their Chief ends up in Gondor. And equally I loved the Gondorian's taken-abackness when Beoman hauled the king around by the arm and pointed out that they'd thrown the last one out. It's going to be an interesting future for these new kings of Men. And I do like the fact that Arnor, at least, is as multi-species and multi-racial as possible. It may be the time of the dominion of Man, but that doesn't mean that we don't want to be all alone :)

PS - you're probably right about Thingol. It wouldn't make sense for him to be the only one *unaffected* by the Silmari :)
Starlit jewel chapter 16 . 6/28/2004
Great chapter! You know, you're one of my favorite authors. You write great stories too. Thanks for writing!