Reviews for Reap the Whirlwind
Jaina chapter 3 . 9/6/2004
This is actually meant for the last chapter of the next fic (ahaha! ffnet, I defy your one-review-per-chapter rule!) but then, it's not meant for any specific chapter. I sincerely hope that this comes across as encouraging and not nagging, as that's how it's meant, but I wanted to let you know that even though it's been a while since the story's been updated, there are quite a few folks who will be very happy when eventually there is more. Whenever I've had conversations with friends about what stories we've enjoyed the most, yours is always mentioned. Sometimes when I am v.v. bored in lecture, I imagine the different ways that it could end. I'm the last person in the world allowed to whine about waiting (as Ilazy with my own fic) and real world always comes first-I hope you keep on keepin' on at whatever pace you choose and know that when the story continues, anticipation will have made it all the sweeter.
Jaina chapter 4 . 3/11/2004
And I'm finally getting around to reviewing this fic along with the others. Bad me, because I quite love all of your stories and have been recommending them to everyone who cares to listen. But a few nits first, just to get them out of the way:
1) Tiny error-there's an inference that Vash's twin-ness is the reason for Meryl's having twins, when actually that follows the maternal line if it's due to genetics and not just, y'know, randomness. Not that she couldn't have twins, the bug in my ear just demanded that I mention this. ;)
2) I wish we would've learned more about exactly why Vash must leave (though possibly you'll take care of this in the third story). I don't quite buy that he would just leave to wander and help people or even moreso that Meryl wouldn't be willing to come with him-unless it's for some sort of specific purpose. (Maybe something to do with Knives? Just speculating here. I like how in the first story you didn't ignore the Knives issue but didn't reveal your hand just yet, assuming you've got something in mind for him.)
3) ...crap. I can't remember what the other one was. Hmm, maybe there wasn't anything.
Ahem. Anyways, I loves this fic, yes I does! I have never EVER seen the "Vash unknowingly knocks up Meryl"-style plot done well before this. And the story isn't just good in comparison to other ones of lesser quality. It's just good. To an angst connoisseur, this is a fine vintage indeed. The blend of strength and weakness in Meryl is done very well. No one could go through such a thing without hurting and wanting support, but she's still Derringer Meryl, darn it. Supportive!Milly is also perfectly in-character and nice to see. I couldn't help but grin and wince at the same time when Meryl made with the hand-crushing.
In short (except I just wrote a novel, sigh) I really like this fic. Like x10. And I'm dying to find out what happens next, but I already left a review for that fic. I'd like to beseech you to allow me to archive your work at the Elusive Mayfly, the VashxMeryl archive I run at ( .net). Feel free to drop me a line at or IM me at JainaX if you're willing. (omg plz.) You're a very talented author, and I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
greysw chapter 1 . 2/1/2004
This is a very good fic. I especially like the vivid description of the babies' delivery, and the connection between that moment and the scene from Live Through. I'll be looking forward to your future work, please keep it up!
darkangel3456 chapter 4 . 1/11/2004
aw
i can't wait for more!
Lady Of Genesis chapter 4 . 12/11/2003
XD i read your other story and this one and i loved both! XD such great writing, absolutely fantabulous! :)
Mrs. Laurel Lupin chapter 4 . 12/10/2003
This is such a great story! I bet if you didn't have it so only logged in people could review, you'd have millions per chapter!...That's how I feel anyway...Update!
NafX chapter 1 . 12/1/2003
Wow ... this is fantastic.
This would be one of the best Trigun fics I've ever read ...
Both of them are wonderful ...
I can't wait for you to come back and continue ...
More please .. and soon? *hopeful look* :)
~Nat.
CuRsEd chapter 4 . 11/30/2003
Tee~hee! As promised, I'm reading the sequel! It's very cute! Though I can't help but laugh at the way you kept naming every kid after one of our heroes. I wonder how Vash will react to this?
I'm beat... The night has greatly advanced and my stomach (yes, again! I think he's ruling my life or something) is screaming for food. See ya!
mibi chan chapter 4 . 11/29/2003
wonderful! absolutely great! i never thought that reading such a short little story could make me feel so emotional. this really made me feel empathy for meryl. you've created her to be such a strong woman. i really felt for her, and that is an acomplishment in characterization, really, if you ask me. _ congrats on another good one. now, i am excited for the third story. i can't wait for Vash to see his children...will he? heheheh wonderful wonderful! bravo.
Madith chapter 4 . 11/29/2003
i loved this story and its prequel! its amazing, you should continue it! i wanna know about their children!
MoonGoddessSerenity chapter 4 . 11/28/2003
*sniff* THat was SOO sweet! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE UPDATE SOON! Are you gonna bring Vash back at any time soon?
~*~Serenity~*~
~*~_~*~
Rio Grande chapter 4 . 11/27/2003
I've just read both of your stories, and I must say they are some of the best Trigun fics of their kind that I have ever read. Not many can pull of a 'Vash returns to Meryl' fic like you did and be able to keep it from dissolving into a completly mindless, ridiculous WAFFY adventure. Vash's actions and Meryls reactions were perfect, and it was all completly realistic ... especially the way you made Vash wander off again. Many authors turn him into a dependant, goofy house-father type figure the second he admits his feelings for Meryl, but I believe that he would probably keep on wandering, or at least he would wander and Meryl would come. Except you were right, she shouldn't go with him, she only holds him back. In any case, this story is just too cute, and I eagerly await Vash's return... although it would depress me greatly if he waited a decade to return like last time, because Meryl isn't going to stay young forever you know! And there is the issue of his children growing up fatherless... in any case, good job and please update soon!
millyfan chapter 4 . 11/27/2003
Your characterization is perfect, your writing is some of the best I've ever seen. . .I could go on for ages about your stories. I wish I had more room on my favorite stories list-instead, I'll just have to put you on Favorite Authors.
Oh, by the way-I'm really sorry about the rude review I left in your first story. I deeply apologize.
bigsby chapter 4 . 11/27/2003
Ah _ Just as excellent as the first, And just as well written as the first. Meryl was so wonderfully in character. This was an excellent story and I'm looking forward to the last installment! Great work! *applaudes*
the old fart chapter 4 . 11/27/2003
Wow, what a wonderful story. Characterization is dead-on. AND we get complete stories every time. I'll have to thank your ethics prof.
More please!