Reviews for To Stand While Falling
Anzer'ke chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
great last line.
Divine Dark Angel chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
I've yet to actually finish the game (one disc three) but I feel that you've captured the essence of both characters, good job.
CWolf2 chapter 1 . 5/24/2005
Not only was this wonderfully written, but the characters were IC. I know this is old, but I wouldn't mind if you wrote another Freya/Armant story.
Vixen2004 chapter 1 . 6/29/2004
Your exhibited talent with vocabulary was simply marvelous. I usually try to leave reviews with dynamic words so that I seem to have a handle on what I'm talking about, but for this review I won't even try. There's no way I could ever amount to half of the skill you displayed and I will never hold a handle more tightly than you. Your grip was sufficating. It was quiet scary, actually. What's even scarier is the fact that this incredible piece only got three reviews. It must be the sign of the Appocolyps or something. Personally, I think you deserve to be published. All your adjectives were so original-well, they can't be TOO original otherwise I would have no idea what the heck you were saying-but I digress. The ending was glorious, I simply loved it. It was witty and powerful and held a significant amount of closure. Most people on this site can't differenciate a verb from a noun. (I, for instance, kan't spell.) It was just so Prozac Boosting to find an author who can actually write, not just here but anywhere. I dunno how some morons manage to get published while YOU DON'T! Get out there and submit your work. You must practically read the dictionary every night to be able to communicate so uniquly with such impactful words. The diolouge flowed and the conversation never ceased to be witty (which would flat out kill the atmosphere, not to mention the chemistry.) You can paint a scene with words better than Michaelangelo could with oil based paint. It's wrong. It's twisted. It's scary. And I absolutley love it.
Tobu Ishi chapter 1 . 4/11/2004
This story slithers grey-white into your head and doesn't leave until well after the last words have been read. Your metaphors are glorious and gritty, and though technically very little actually happens in this brief scene-a fact I didn't realize until I went back through it again-the reading of it is sublimely entertaining, worth a hundred thousand of the throwaway fluff-fics on this site. Bravo...
Candace chapter 1 . 11/27/2003
I love what you have done with the characters. And great character interaction I really enoyed it.
Guardian1 chapter 1 . 11/27/2003
Congratulations, ma'am. I'm crowning you one of the Few People In This Place Who Can Successfully Write Freya/Amarant. Be proud. Not many people wear the crown.

Beautiful. Oh, beautiful. What lies between these two is tragic; yet you have me laughing out loud, at their conversations, at both of their quick wit, the perfect chemistry between them. Your descriptions are beautiful; some parts of this are just absolute wordcandy. I could eat up the abandoned part of the castle they are in, with the burlap sacks and the damp.

And the tension - romantic and sexual - between them was fabulous. Hell, the way you portray them as friends is just wonderful.

"Maybe the burn from the teapot and the fire in his arms were the way that she counted the rain-gray days, hurting to feel alive again, like the barest breath of the adrenaline rush of a full trance raining hellfire from the air."

Absolute poetry and brilliance. If you do not write more of this pair I shall shoot you, because you do it with a genius and sensitivity that not many people bring to them both.