Reviews for The Science of the Pokéball
Wingull chapter 1 . 3/8
Several incorrect pieces.
Number one: Not all matter is composed of Protons, Neutrons, and Electrons. Antimatter is composed of Anti-Protons, Anti-Electrons, and Anti-Neutrons, and that doesn't even factor in Quark Matter and Dark Matter.
Number two: Every encountered biological compound is made of elements with relatively low atomic masses, and those are (nearly) always stable masses. There is no such thing as a "stable unstable" nucleus. There's no way a pokeball somehow ignores conservation of mass and energy to shrink and increase the size of a Pokemon, without releasing copious amounts of radiation.
Number three: I asked my chemistry teacher, he told me the diagrams weren't too far off.
Number four: Gene Roddenberry wrote TV series. He has no way to answer your questions about particle physics.

Overall, you like science to be showy and enjoy making up baseless theories. This made me want to throw up.
daystar721 chapter 1 . 1/27
Hey there :) A fan of my pokemon rationalfic asked me if I'd read your post on pokeball technology. I had not, so they linked me here: quite enjoyable! It was interesting seeing someone else come up with the same rationale/justification for many of the ways the pokeball might theoretically work. Cheers!
Elijah Cross chapter 1 . 6/9/2014
I love this a lot. It help a lot for what im working on.
Hunter chapter 1 . 11/21/2013
So what you said seems right, except the way the Pokemon is held in the Pokeball. So when the ball opens a Space-Time Distortion occurs, which is opening a wormhole that leads to the inside of the 'Ball. The top part of the ball contains a Gravity Tractor, which is what pulls the Pokemon in. The inside of the 'Ball contains a Pocket Dimension, which is where the Pokemon is held. And so when the 'Ball closes the Pocket Dimension is contained there fore harboring the Pokemon inside.
The way the Pokeball locks is the hemispheres rotate in opposite directions, maintaining the compressed volume of space.
Now the Pocket Dimension Environment conforms to the size of the Pokemon. And yes the Pokemon is conscious inside the 'Ball allowing it to hear outside noises to better respond to commands when it is released.

A good diagram to help understand this a little better, and actually see exactly what has been said, click on the following website-
/?attachment_id1200
Emilise284 chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
I never claimed to have any knowledge beyond the most basic basics of physics, but there were no glaring errors as far as I could see, grammatical or otherwise. This was interesting, though. Thanks for the new headcanon!
Qaint chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
"I theorized that a Pokémon's atomic structure possessed a dual nature; it was both very stable and very unstable at the same time."
"Why don't people use the transport network if it's safe for Pokémon? "/in other words - why can't pokeballs be used on humans?
These two are important clues tipped me off to my own ad-hoc additions. While not a real story per say, it's always fun getting the gears turning, so thank you. I love what you've done here and will review despite this being almost 10 years old. Might give you a chuckle if you ever see it.

Taking this as seriously as it needs to be; if you look at the main difference between pokemon and humans, it is the pokemons ability to rapidly evolve, which could certainly be linked to the atomic structure of the pokemon changing. Not only that, a pokemon evolving changes in size and mass among other things, so it is entirely reasonable that a pokeball could mimic or replicate such an effect, thus "evolving" the pokemon into a more portable form temporarily.
As for the balls size and growth; Nanotechnology could be used for that. If each panel was made up of tiny nanobots, it could give a smooth round surface without using up much of the extremely limited space (as we know the thing is hollow). However nanotech is such a cheap sci-fi excuse for me, as we don't know its limits yet.
Micah chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
This is the most sensible, realistic explanation I could ever find, and it answers all the questions I had about how pokeballs work. I think you're a genious! however, I know you've given us enough, and there will always be more questions no matter how many are answered, but there's still that billion dollar question that everyone wants to know, so please forgive me for asking. Is it possible for pokemon, pokeballs, and everything in the world pokemon to be a reality?
HappyLeif chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
You are too much. That was beautiful. I think about these things while at work as well. I'm glad your degree is going to such great use. And no, that was not even a little bit sarcastic. I hope you write more stuff like this! It's so entertaining, and not only are you smart but a good writer as well.
cryptid-man chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
with your second theory at the end i imagine that people don't it use for a specific reason, humans don't have power points or in other words the ability to perform attacks like Pokemon and this is what allows the Pokemon to transport on this field of supposed energy. No Pokemon do not need food in the poke-ball because if they did then on the show they would be shown eating all the time and that's why like with Tepig when ash found him he was all hungry as apposed to if he had been abandoned in his poke-ball. Also what if to recall them and store there molecules where stored and randomized within, but where compacted to a very small size. Oh and i suppose the balls have a sort of anti-grav device which is why they don't make a trainer with a Snorelax weigh them to the floor all the time. and what if in stead of sliding plates the balls where composed of nanobots.
Ze spy chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
Like hell if we ever will know brocks eye color.

pretty good analogy of the pokeball, and easy to read for the "less knowledgeable".

Hidden Lines chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Whoa. I think my IQ just doubled. XD

Lucky I took high school physics last year. This explanation is epic.

What color are Brock's eyes?

-Pure win. Though we can actually answer this with the advent of Diamond and Pearl.
CSTEVIEG chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Whoa!

Mind Totally Blown!

I feel for you having a job as a sales associate but the simple fact you were able to conclude this theory simply makes it worth it!

Great post dude!
ulticrossregar2489 chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
this is pure genius
Outcast chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
This always leaves me smiling (_)
Gone Gone Very Gone chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Congradulations, you've managed to make me think.

Okay, so this was pretty awesome. I've never stopped to wonder about how the Pokeballs work before, and I think you've made some pretty good explinations for it.

-Random-