Reviews for With a Star
Kirsche Cherise chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
Okay, I'm kinda confused as to what the criteria for what name gets a star or not. What is it?
Guest chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
This is a very intriguing concept, would never have thought about it. Well done, what's next? ***
editcat chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
I know this story is ancient in fanfic terms, but I just ran across it. If you're still around, I want you to know that I read this story and was gobsmacked. I would never have thought it could be done, let alone so well.
carick of hunter moon chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
this is a very well thought out story read it
gonqueasel chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
A delightful little story! You've managed to find a good a good Vorkosigan voice for a BVS story - a blend I thought unlikely to find a reasonable outlet. Well done!
Phil Boswell chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
Still a glorious story after all these years. I have a sneaking suspicion, which my notoriously appalling memory refuses to substantiate, that this was one of the first fanfics I ever read. Given my current obsession, I should say that it served marvellously as a successful introduction.

I suppose it's too late after all this time to point out that Joss Whedon created a canonical surname for Faith (in 2005!): she's now Faith Lehane according to Wikipedia.
Ueshiba chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
This review is several years overdue, but here goes...

This was actually my first introduction to Miles, and it was a great one. With a Star remains one of my favorite stories and I re-read it often. Great characterization, and the memorial is incredible. The between-the-lines thinking involved makes this so much more than a 40 word story.
BlueSkyFiction chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
Nice! Very, very smooth! This sort of writing, detailing the reader into the rope that twines the two story lines, is a true delight! You are now on my list of Subscribe to Author alerts! Thank you for taking both plots forward.
7YearsDown chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
Very, very nice. Two of my favorite worlds, together, and some really nice touches of verisimilitude with Miles. It made me think about just how the "secret" would be kept in a world where it was increasingly hard to keep big secrets - especially after what happened at the end of Angel. But hey, it was a convention of the show, like Clark Kent's glasses. And the Xander Dawn thing surprised me. :) I think the meat of the story was the "what happened to everyone" stuff, and if Miles wasn't going to be allowed to really get involved, I wish there'd been more of that. I enjoyed it a lot.
phil chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
Tears in eyes.. Thanx.
Fai Gensou chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
Stars-Watchers

Asterisks-Brave associates/Deserving people

Marie Dumont and Aruther Campbell were Slayer and Watcher, right?
Ouatic-7 chapter 1 . 1/29/2006
One of the best Miles fanfics I've has the quintessential Miles nosiness.
zafaran chapter 1 . 6/22/2005
Very, very good. As soon as I start posting to the Lois McMaster Bujold mailing list on a regular basis again, I'm going to recommend this story on list for everyone to come and read. There are very few fanfics that have ever haunted me since the first time I read them, and this is one of them. Keep up the good work in the rest of your writing. Zafaran

zafaran at fastmail. fm
Pename chapter 1 . 4/23/2005
I love you. That was concentrated awesome.
JAK chapter 1 . 4/10/2005
Excellent story! Interesting to have Miles puzzling over the 'mystery' of the Sunnydale swamp. I presume that the asterics are those whom were not slayers but worked alongside the slayers and helped them? Like Anya, Willow, Xander and the new slayers watcher. Cool.