Reviews for Semi Charmed Kind of Life
alocin chapter 10 . 12/17/2003
Hello! Sorry I have not reviewed for so long but I am home for xmas now which means way, way, way less net time. Sob. But it did mean that I got to read like four chapters all at once! Bumper fic goodness!
Very cool - I thought I recognised that Oacle scene at the end of chapter nine too! And as another 303 appearence it is the floor Mero is on in Reloaded. So Quinn is now with a foster family, but is that the end of her with another two chapters to go? Or might the dying or unplugging ends still come along? Only one way to find out and that means waiting for updates. When I next read this it will probably be complete and your next Matrix fic will might be up! Scary! I better wish you a Merry Xmas now then! ;)
Protectress of Dalidon chapter 10 . 12/16/2003
As usual, a lovely chapter. Just take another proof read and it'll be great, some little errors but nothing major. I'm going to miss your Trinity/Erica, I like her alot. I know it has to end, thanks for the cookie!
It's really weird, I want to say, update soon, but that means that it's over sooner and I don't want that. But I don't want to be left with this either... Ah well, please get the next chapter up and I'll see what kind of award I can make you ;)
Emerald3 chapter 10 . 12/16/2003
Wow new story !
Anyways, very nice chappie, excellent fight scene. It's nice with the continual flash backs, that works well, carrying on the story while filling in the blanks
There were some very nice phrases in there, the whole falling but not hitting thing was really good. I look forward to your second last chapters, *sniffles*
Good grammar and all that lot as well !
Keep up the great work!
ScullyAsTrinity chapter 10 . 12/16/2003
So, if I take the cookie, I have to provide my own milk? What is that! Doesn't having ideas rock, the type of ideas where you can hardly wait to finish the piece you're working on to start the new one? Sure as shit beats studying for finals. This one was good... liking the sexual tension 'tween Wraith and Trin. Heh. Ah, UST how I miss thee... makes me want some XF fan fic... and yes, I will have that cookie. You're ever so kind.
Protectress of Dalidon chapter 9 . 12/14/2003
I knew I recognised the Oracle scene! Yet another nicely written chapter, I review because I like it and only three more chapters? No fair! All good stories must come to an end, but so soon?
Keep up the good work and I'll see you next chapter!
ScullyAsTrinity chapter 9 . 12/14/2003
Hey, I realized that my review might have come off kind of harsh, I didn't mean it to be. This fic has really drawn me in and I can see your writing progressing over the series. I'll take a cookie... but uh... what kind is it?
Emerald3 chapter 9 . 12/14/2003
Only three more chapters, *sniffles*
Anyways, a very good chapter, nice thing with Demeter and Persephone. I like your Oracle scene, and I like the way you've showed us what's happened to Quinn!
Good grammar etc, I look forward to the next installment (sp?)!
Emerald3 chapter 8 . 12/13/2003
Very nice chappie, love the spansih, very cool.
What's with Demter though? Would like to hear a bit more about that!
A good chappie grammar wise, etc.
Can't wait to read some more.
((P.S. Thank you for the advice about the candy, and yes I am feeling better! ))
Protectress of Dalidon chapter 8 . 12/12/2003
Another nice chapter, I'm looking forward to the addition of the other members of the Neb, it'll make it interesting. Please, continue and I really like the photos, that was a brilliant idea whoch could have been over done, but you handled it with just enough care and detatchment to make it a real moment of realisation. Well done.
ScullyAsTrinity chapter 8 . 12/12/2003
Hola. I've been reading this fic from the beginning and toying with the idea of reviewing but haven't. I decided to wait until I read a bit more and see what I thought. Obviously, if I kept on reading, I liked it. I was actually wondering how long you've been writing. This is a really great piece but it is a little rough around the edges. Some grammar problems, some prepositional work... some details that aren't quite clear enough, but I definately like the idea. I'd be happy to beta read for you if you'd like. Anyway, overall, I really enjoyed the stories, and personally I DO think Quinn would be the Michelle Trachtenberg of the Matrix, off that bitch ;-). I'm liking the chemistry between Wraith and Trinity as well.
Emerald3 chapter 7 . 12/12/2003
Excellent Chapter, in all senses of the word excellent.
Good grammar, spelling etc and a nice actiony ploy. I can't wait to read some more, keep up the really brilliant work!
((P.S. Sorry I didn't review sooner, I've been a little ill! -.-))
Centaur chapter 7 . 12/10/2003
On the whole, I like this. Generally, I find myself really turned off by the whole unplugged-Trinity-as-a-drug-addict thing but you handle it with uncanny, unsympathetic tact and intelligence here, and you don't build the story around it specifically, which I like. I like your characterisation of her, and Quinn is a neat character, too. I like that you've got me wondering what the deal is with Wraith. The shifting in time periods is also well-done. My lone bit of criticism: your tendency to often refer to Quinn and Erica by their ages ("the fourteen year old did this" or ". . . said the eighteen year old") is. . . really awkward, especially since it's usually used in contexts where the reference to their ages seems really random and unnecessary. For example, when you said "The eighteen year old tapped him, causing his lightning fast reflexes to react with a tight grip on her wrist," it seemed really odd to refer to her as "the eighteen-year-old" - what does her age have to do with anything else in that sentence? Honestly, for virtually every time you described Erica and Quinn by their ages, I would have preferred it if you had either used their names, or just referred to them as "the girl" or "the younger/older girl" or something equally straightforward. Only refer to them by their ages in circumstances where the ages are specifically relevant to the content of that part of the story (for example, it's relevant to refer to Quinn as a fourteen-year-old when you're describing her walking into a bar or driving a car, if your point is to imply that she's way too young to be doing that).
At any rate. Keep up the good stuff.
Protectress of Dalidon chapter 7 . 12/10/2003
And 303 was also the rom at the end when Neo was going to get out, from memory.
If you want my opinion, unplug Quinn, put her on a different ship and get her kiled by Smith when he's after Trinity. You said they look alike, granted a program wouldn't make that much of a mistake, but it would be an interesting hostage situation, you could use it to emphasise what Trinity said in M1, that the resuce mission was suicide. But you're the author.
And I still think Wraith is a dingbat, a dingbat you gotta keep but a dingbat none the less. Oh, when do Switch, Apoc, Cypher, Tank and Dozer come into the story?
Alana the Black Mage too lazy to login chapter 6 . 12/9/2003
heh, the Merv...he creeps me out! Yes, I think you got Trinity perfect in Erica...and Wraith is cool _
Protectress of Dalidon chapter 6 . 12/7/2003
Yay! This is really cool. Wraith is a ding bat, a funny ding bat but a ding bat none the less. I think that unplugging Quinn should be a twist of some descript, I mean do they really unplug family? Having the Merovingian speak Spanish was classic, by the way. Bring on the next chapter!
48 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »