Reviews for Redleaf
christine chapter 2 . 12/14/2013
this was genuinely probably the best fanfic i have ever read. seriously, it was written so beautifully and eloquently and i reckon it did tolkien's characters total justice:)
TiTaN chapter 2 . 7/26/2013
aah! why must you drop your story after making so many questions that should be answered?!
I beg you, please continue, even if it has been years after your last update!
Caelhir chapter 2 . 11/21/2010
I am very intrigued to know what's next! Our writing style expresses a lit of emotion, and it's very good.

Best,

Caelhir
Ravynna Frost chapter 2 . 12/10/2009
Oohh! Intriging. Please continue, I am eager to know what happens next!
Tari Surion chapter 2 . 11/28/2008
Oh please update this story! It's now been over three years, repeat, THREE YEARS! Since you've updated, it's truly a wonderful story, I do hope that you can post more of it as soon as you can, or I would like the permission to do so myself.

*Tari,
sKribe chapter 2 . 9/26/2007
Wonderfully written. Hope you update soon
birdy-chan chapter 2 . 2/6/2007
May our roads cross again indeed! It has been so long since you continued that I almost lost hope and thought you've decided to discontinue this story. But I searched your LJ and found a glimmer of hope when you did not mention any thought of discontinuing.

Your story is wonderful! I love your character developement and your writing style, it has some feel of Tolkien in it. I abosolutely love your plot and the idea of elf torture. :D Your description of Legolas's decent into darkness is capivating and the same to Gandalf's fact finding mission (I usually skim through pages where Legolas isn't in :P).

Once again a job well done. May you find your inspiration for LotR fics again. Until then I leave this review for encouragement.

May our road cross again. ;)

birdy-chan
cheetahluke chapter 2 . 1/11/2007
This is a great fic so far... is there any chance you have more of it laying around?

I love the characterizations, and the overall plot. The second chapter really shows the chaos that would be going on post battle.

Really well written and I cant wait for more (hopefully it hasnt been abandoned!)
Rhyselle chapter 2 . 11/29/2006
Oh, just as good as the first chapter! :) I liked the different points of view in the sections, and you have got me wringing my hands in anxiety for our dear Greenleaf.

I do look forward to the future chapters of this fic. I've never seen one that deals with this particular branch of AU before, and I'm enjoying reading it thoroughly.

I'm sorry I'm unable to review this chapter as thoroughly as the first, as my kids are causing a ruckus and my peaceful fanfic reading time is running out.

Thanks for sharing such a unique idea and excellent execution of it with us.
Rhyselle chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
I knew I would enjoy reading this chapter when I saw this line:

The ringing of Andúril unsheathed was absorbed into the lethal chorus of hundreds of blades drawn into open air.

The elegance of the wording carries the sensory impression even deeper into the reader's mind-I hear the sounds as if I were there. And you carry on using sound as the primary carrier of the description. We've seen the battle on film, we've seen it mentally in the books, but you are the first author I've read who took the sense of hearing and focused the storytelling on that. Wonderfully done, even though the actions being described are terrifying and dangerous.

And then the next part is one of the best described battle scenes I've read in a long time. You were able to keep all of the descriptions as those perceived by Legolas. A lot of writers will tend to give in to the temptation of showing more of a huge scene like this than their POV character would be aware of. You did not fall into this error and it's great to see.

And your description of Legolas' determination and despair... I'm running out of synonyms for "great job" here... LOL! Truly, I was caught up and I just felt for him as he realized that he couldn't escape the Nazgul. And that tiny moment of hope when his knife blade diverted the blow just enough to keep it from going directly into his heart-because I know that was the Nazgul's true target.

I loved the "stranger" who held him while he fought to stay aware until the end was known. Am I right in thinking it is Aragorn? Poor, poor elf. And I hate to think what Gimli is going to do and say when he finds out!

And, as you began the chapter with the sense of hearing, you end it with it as well, being the last sense to face as Legolas succumbs.

Beautifully done. Very few people are capable of taking a scene of such carnage and violence and despair and to write it out so that I rejoice in the flow of the carefully chosen words, and find myself immersed in imagery and sounds in my head, and it feels as if I am coming out of another world when the chapter ends. You did it.
riduculouslyriddikulus chapter 2 . 11/9/2006
Wow...absolutely brilliant story! Your style is really like Tolkien and the charcters are wonderfully described...each characerter's personality is well written and shines through in the your writing...and the imagery is wonderful! Please keep on writing, bravo!
Sashenka Greenleaf chapter 2 . 3/18/2006
Very good, can't wait for an update-I realy want to know what happens to poor Legolas!
Rabid Angel chapter 2 . 1/8/2006
Wow! What a great story... I can't wait for the next update. Keep up the good work with the description and the imagery... those are what really make a story, at least to me. Great job, update soon!
Annie chapter 1 . 11/23/2005
Am enjoying reading this - but you don't seem to have posted for a while - do you intend to continue this story? I hope so!

Annie
LenaLove chapter 2 . 11/14/2005
Oh, this is good. A little gem among the many duds I seem to find in the "fill-in-the-Legolas-blanks" universe. Your descriptive powers are awe-inspiring, and all characterisations are spot on in my book. Lovely. Keep it up. UPDATE! Please?
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »