Reviews for Regret
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
Last line - simply perfect. An excellent example of powerful angst.
Tsuyunoinochi Koukyo chapter 1 . 1/28/2004
I'm guessing you're talking about Squall, correct? This one almost made me cry, if I were not in school.
DUNOTS chapter 1 . 1/19/2004
It's like poetry, only with the utility of prose.
Anyway, I'm glad to find someone dealing with the "darkest" version of the truly vague ending of FFVI.
It's the one I like best.
-Forrest "DUNOTS" Walker
myeerah chapter 1 . 12/3/2003
You always seem to pack a very heavy punch into just a few, spare sentences. This is no exception. I remain impressed by your talent.
Finding Beauty chapter 1 . 12/1/2003
I’ve become quite a fan of your work since I first read your piece “Lacuna,” and I have to say my opinion of your writing never falters — it’s quite wonderful. I love the direct, poignant way you manage to convey emotions with your characters, without making it seem overdone or too drawn out, or melodramatic in the least.
This little ficlet, I was even more impressed because . . . well, Laguna isn’t a character one usually thinks of as ‘angsty,’ but you write his angsting moments better than just about anyone I can think of. It only makes sense that someone typically so cheerful would have to be down *sometimes*. But I digress.
I love this, really. At first I thought it might have been Squall, but when I realised it was Laguna, it struck me as unbelievably . . . well, wonderful. It’s going on my favourites list — and I wish you would write more featuring Laguna.
Kitian chapter 1 . 12/1/2003
Regret and words left unspoken...one of the saddest things you could choose to write about, really. This piece sobered me right up; realistic, morose, and so matter-of-fact about the whole damned thing I couldn't help but be sad, for both parties.
Possibly your shortest piece ever, there wouldn't be much to criticize even if I wanted to, so I'll simply let you know it was powerful, moving, and quite tragic. All in 361 words. I must say, you're getting quite good at fitting in tons of good ficcage (...it's a word, I swear) into so few words. I'm impressed.
Kursed SeeD chapter 1 . 12/1/2003
Oh...this was such a *beautiful* piece... you are truly an amazing writer... just... wonderful...