Reviews for Birthday Blues
Terry L. Gardner chapter 1 . 2/2/2006
A really nice story. I think everyone has had a birthday that started out bad and ended up wonderful.
Mary chapter 1 . 12/19/2003
This story is teriffic. You expressed Carolyn's feelings about reaching this extremely pivotal age beautifully - and boy does it make me wish I had a handsome ghost around MY house somewhere! The ending was so sweet! Her family didn't forget her, the rocker is a wonderful present and the locket with the pictures and Queen of My Heart in French was lovely. You have an incredible talent. I hope you keep posting stories to this site (and any other FF site you want to for a long time to come!
aria chapter 1 . 12/2/2003
This was just wonderful! I would love to see more chapters of this lovely story. I especially enjoyed the idea that the Captain's ability to touch was still a relatively new experience between him and Carolyn. Would love to see you explore this a bit more. A very enjoyable read!
Thank you for sharing it with us!
CottageGhost chapter 1 . 12/2/2003
I just love this story! You make Carolyn's feelings so very real, one can't help but feel for her. I also liked the way you wrote Martha as everybody's guardian angel - always there, always dependable. Then there's the gift of the rocking chair that's just so sweet - and the locket with the engraving (I don't need to tell you why I have a soft spot for that one, I think ). And what Carolyn said at the end is so very true! Another terrific read - thanks for sharing this wonderful story!
Chantal
Helena Russel chapter 1 . 12/1/2003
Thanks for this terrific story, Kathy.
Anne