Reviews for Harry Potter: Apprentice
G Fawkes chapter 9 . 3/4
Or maybe Ginny will die from an STD, and when you return, you can find a NON-SKANK girlfriend?!
_
Why don't the characters ever realize that they could spend 100 years there, and return home a half second after they left, missing nothing. The hard part, is NOT aging while you're gone. What good does it do to get back and see your friends, if your 116 yrs old.
G Fawkes chapter 5 . 3/4
Wow! 4 to 5 miles of chasm is ALOT of way down there!

I saw that "Top Gear" BBC show, where they dropped a car from a helicopter, from a mile up, and it took 43 seconds to hit the ground- all the while, a VW Bug DROVE from a mile away, and they both hit the same spot only about a second apart.

So... if Harry were to fall off 'the island' and down into the chasm... it would take nearly 3 minutes of screaming and flailing to eventually splat into the river below?!

BTW, 4 miles is just barely taller than Mt Mckinley/Denali (20,000 ft), America's highest mountain. It's also TWICE the depth of the Mariana Trench (10,000 feet)("Transformers" fans, anyone?), deepest point known in the oceans. The Grand Canyon is 6000 feet at the deepest point. MOST of it is less.

Begging for some shred of realism in even this fantasy/fictional landscape, imagine your 'Norhaven' atop Devil's Tower, the mountain from "Close Encounters". Big, tall, flat on top, pretty awesome. THAT's only 5114 feet or 'about' a mile high. It would be like jumping off Denver and landing in Vegas! 43 seconds. Splat!

(just for fun, set your stopwatch and try to yell for 43 seconds... how many times did you have to stop for a breath?!)

Is a little bit of 'reality' in our 'fantasy' writing too much to ask for?
_
Oh no! A tall tower and evil, power hungry mages... I'm having Mercedes Lackey nightmares, or "Dragonrider", or something, I can't remember! Do they have a solar powered 'Death Ray'?
G Fawkes chapter 4 . 3/4
I had to skip ahead and make sure this doesn't become some HP/GW nightmare. I'm not allowed to read THOSE kinds of fics. (they make me projectile vomit)
G Fawkes chapter 3 . 3/4
( Hehehe) remember, your words, not mine...

"It didn't feel any different than when I use my wand. It felt the same, only different."

no big deal... I just found that amusing
Heron-Of-Sparta chapter 20 . 12/7/2014
Goddamn man or women, restart writing this marvelous piece of FF.
johnny.vick chapter 20 . 9/30/2014
omg omg more more please more i love it
Guest chapter 7 . 7/11/2014
i like storyline
Aegis Dragon chapter 20 . 3/23/2014
I'm under the impression that Figment is an obscure reference to Spyro.
Kyukaze chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
I am so utterly sorry for getting your hopes up for another review but I couldn't help but notice that you had exactly 666 reviews. Just to make sure this story doesn't die out from some stupid superstition, I made this review to break that number.

Better safe than sorry eh?

Kyukaze (Not logged in)
jh831 chapter 20 . 12/13/2012
sucks that it is abandoned
it would have made one hell of a story if it was finished
Ranmaleopard chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
Professor Hardy chapter 20 . 9/4/2012
so is harry going back to the future?
Cuz i love reading the reactions he gets when his 'family' and friends meet him again.
Anyway, great story, please update soon :D.
DragonKnight1775 chapter 20 . 8/18/2012
This is an interesting storyhope you come back to it.

Ty for your efforts!
Lord of the Blue Star chapter 20 . 6/29/2012
Hey,
Great story! I really enjoy it. Are you going to update anytime soon? Do you need a beta?
Good job! Have a good day,
LOTBS