Reviews for The Burning
Nargothrond chapter 1 . 6/27/2016
It was the Protestant Churches that did most of the atrocities, not the Catholic one, as England eventually became primarily Protestant and Catholicism was banned.
RavenLady chapter 1 . 12/12/2003
A brilliant and chilling story.
Faerfaen chapter 1 . 12/9/2003
This is really really good! And I mean it. The summery looked promising and this deffinatly follows it up O)
*~* Dy *~*
a random person chapter 1 . 12/8/2003
there is a story, "The Blue Rose" by Dove of Peace. It is a total slaughter of Tolkien facts and massacres Elven traditions and Legolas and Thranduil's characters. It features, among other insanity, immortal humans, Thranduil taking up with a human woman after the death of his wife, over-done glitz worn by Elves, and, of course, lots of sappy Legomance crap. Assist me in C-C-ing this person. Thank you.
Friend of Maglor chapter 1 . 12/4/2003
well...I would leap for joy and ecstasy (since I make sure to review every good story about HIM, my dear dear elf...) but I am not sure what standpoint you are taking...what kind of woman is this? who is burning her? the Spanish inquisition? no this is England...this is not Salem, no hanging...has she bee accused of being a witch? are you saying that witches follow the Vala? or that she is wrongly accused of being awitch? but everything with Maglor is great...just a little too vauge on the whole...philosophical vauge is ok when I know WHAT youare debating...
~The Protector
molten gold chapter 1 . 12/4/2003
Its wonderfuly perceptive and well writen. The whole idea is brilliant. I luv the idea that this was 'is' M.E. it gives you hope, maybe ur own ancestors were elves! Poor Maglor, standing there, watching thier foolishness, and thinking on his own... please write more soon!
addicted chapter 1 . 12/3/2003
Nice, very nice. I don't have anything to say except for this was exactly how I would picture Maglor acting and thinking in this situation.
Tinni chapter 1 . 12/2/2003
Interesting. Religion can get bloody.