Reviews for D is for Daria
ADDAMSFAMILYTREE chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
Fantastic! Dynomite! Now all we need is for the Munsters to pay a visit to Sesame Street. The Count would probably feel like it's old home week, not too mention how Big Bird could look standing alongside of Herman?
Buffyxenaman chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
another mary sue story yawn
RangerLou2 chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
I always love the way you can come up with some of the most unlikely ideas and make them work. And there's nothing wrong (in my opinion) with showing the sentimental sides of the characters.
Miyo86 chapter 1 . 12/23/2003
Buggie-woggie-bugle-duck XD LOL!This story was great!A little off the wall odd, I mean, who ever would have thought of a Daria/Seasame Street fic?
HecatonchiresLM chapter 1 . 12/18/2003
My favourite memory was the pinball machine counting to twelve song, and I loved the dancing sheep too.
Good fic bringing back memories
Cygna Vamp chapter 1 . 12/11/2003
This was funny and touching! For a moment I was affraid you were going to play up the Bert and Ernie are gay bit. Glad you didn't. I loved the part about Brittany being a person in the neighborhood.
Betting on Delusions chapter 1 . 12/6/2003
Gotta love the nostalgia of it all! Nicely done, Mike. (And as Steven mentioned, there were a few minor grammatical/spelling things...) And I think of just become a Daria/Oscar shipper, too. ::evil smirk::
Just Ducky 722 chapter 1 . 12/4/2003
This was an excellent story! It was something completly different from anything I had ever read before, and it was a nice change from the usual fan fiction. Great job!
Steven Galloway chapter 1 . 12/4/2003
Okey-dokey! I've gotten your straight jacket right here, Yam! Be still, now...(smiles) There! That wasn't so bad now, was it? Cart him off, boys!
Okay, I've had my fun. Seriously, an amusing, cute fic. Somehow, you made this work by combining the more-or-less adult 'Daria' with the childish Sesame Street, and got away with it. That Daria would soften in the end didn't surprise me. She's always had one. Oh, and please check your spelling before releasing this to the other sites. Example:
DARIA: She wanted to so something I thought was silly and pointless, and I went along with it for a while, but pretty soon enough is enough, you know?
I think you meant "*do* something", as opposed to "so something", right? Unless Jane suddenly wants to be a seamstress... ;D
Good work, otherwise.
Amanda chapter 1 . 12/4/2003
I'm never looking at Daria or Sesame Street the same ever again. But I loved this story! I loved that editing brought to you courtesy of the letter "N", too...that was just fitting. And, not sure why I'm sharing this, but...I love trash!
Justin Smith1 chapter 1 . 12/4/2003
Granted that this actually a well written piece of fanfic, I still feel I must ask the Daria fan fiction community to support me in staging an Intervention for Mike. Mike? Please, please seek psychological help before it's too late! Now if you'll excuse me, I've come to the conclusion that, having not only read this story, but having read it to *completion*, I need to enroll myself in a twelve-step program for Daria fan fiction addicts.
Overall: 4 out of 4 stars
Mahna Mahna chapter 1 . 12/3/2003
That was SO funny and SO sweet...
As someone who was been a Sesame Street fan since she was 6 months old, let me just say you've made my day.
RngrThorne chapter 1 . 12/3/2003
This light spoof is a wonderful read. I remember the teaser for it, and I am quite pleased with the result.
medea42 chapter 1 . 12/3/2003
Oscar to Daria: "Where have you been all my life?"
That's it, I'm an Oscar/Daria shipper. Forget Trent, screw Tom, it's the green guy and the green jacket 4ever.
Only you could take such a bizarre premise, make it work, make it work well and have me laughing loudly in several places. Thanks for the treat.