Reviews for The Match
Mo chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
OH MY GOODNESS YLUR AMAZING. I LOVE YOU. MORE.
The bird and The bee chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
" Gimli had never heard an elf cry. It was the most beautiful of sounds and the saddest of sounds, like birds in mourning."

That line was amazing. Just amazing. This is probably my favorite story of this pairing.
esther chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
stunningly hot and unbelievably believable. completely IC (such as they were developed and portrayed in the movie). a fantastic piece of work!
Dea Puella chapter 1 . 11/14/2005
I'm glad not all pissing contests end up like that, or there'd be a whole lot of lonely women in the world. They're meant to be together.
Spyke Raven chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
This was amazingly funny, heartwarming as well as beautifully sweet. I cannot believe I'm writing this about a story with a pissing contest in it - but yes, I am! Congratulations on an excellent tale, well plotted and nicely done. Thank you for sharing it.
TheShinyLizard chapter 1 . 7/12/2004
A good Legolas and Gimli
Kitsune Blood chapter 1 . 6/23/2004
Very good story. I've always wondered how Gimli and Legolas would get together and the way you've described is cute. Again, great job. Besides, the pissing match was funny. I had to stop myself from laughing outright and could only snicker in glee.
Melissa chapter 1 . 6/10/2004
I love them. What a great story. I laughed, and cried, and then laughed again.
Haleth Haladin chapter 1 . 5/23/2004
Oh my my my. I just reread this for the I'm-not-sure-how-manyth time, and feel compelled to remark on how much I love it. Still. Again. Can't get enough of those two - so proud they almost lose each other, but the love wins out. That image of Legolas arched back, so full of desire he's aching, is one that will never fade. You got them together in a lovely way - the same way they became friends - by having them be themselves. Thank you for writing this. It's a joy. - Haleth
BJ4 chapter 1 . 1/25/2004
I dearly love a rousing telling of Gimli and Legolas' developing relationship and you certainly deliver! As others have stated, the characterization is superb, the interactions entertaining, and the exploration of developing emotions exquisite. My eyes got all teary and my heart squeezed inside my chest before letting out a soft, longing sigh. Truly, I enjoyed this story.
On another note, I must thank you from the bottom of my heart for those wonderful PotC fanfic links. I've started reading and have had my eyes opened to the wonder that is Sparrington. _
Little My chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
What a wonderful tale! Humour, some angst and a lovely satisfying resolution. You've done a fantastic job with the characterizations of these two. I loved how their competitive natures resulted in a pissing contest, of all things!
One of the things I liked the most was the description of how each one saw the other in that moment of revelation (and release!):
"Gimli didn't even see where the piss fell. All he saw was the stunning arc of Legolas's slim, elegant body, the sheen of his hair as it fell back from his cheeks, and the grimace on his face, as if in sexual ecstasy."
and
"Oh, Elvellon, you were so strong, determined, even the trees seemed intimidated by you. You had such a look of peace about you and then all that strength. I'd never seen you quite like that. Beautiful."
Beautiful indeed! Hope to read more from you soon.
Rose Sared chapter 1 . 1/17/2004
Well first I read Theresa's and then of course I had to read this. Its wonderful, a great take on the competetive relationship and a wonderful revelation of desire.
I have added you to my favorites so more, please.
Rose
lomeloke chapter 1 . 1/4/2004
The characterization was sublime. I laughed so hard I cried!
lomeloke chapter 1 . 1/4/2004
The characterization was sublime. I laughed so hard I cried!
Serorikun too lazy to sign in chapter 1 . 1/2/2004