Reviews for Harry Potter and the Unknown Power
jully123 chapter 9 . 6/18/2008
While it is nice and original. I especially like the Potter smile bit, You are making Harry seem kind of snobbish and out of character.
RapidReader916 chapter 9 . 7/27/2007
OMG I FREAKIN LOVE THIS! You HAVE to update! The italics work fine. It's been three year since the last update! Come back! I'd either like harry with Vesica or Bruce.
aljdflfjla chapter 9 . 9/29/2006
awesome story, update
MadeleineElizabeth chapter 9 . 9/26/2006
Fan of Great Works chapter 9 . 4/11/2005
please continue this god-damned-fucking-good-son-of-a-bitch-of-a-story!
Sweet-single chapter 9 . 1/15/2005
this is really different than i thought it would also very original!i really like it you update soon and pLEAZ DON'T DISCONTINUE THIS FIC!1

p.s i thought harry was supposed to a slytherin?and friends with draco?
David305 chapter 9 . 1/15/2005
Happy Birthday, Summer!

Any plans to finish Unknown Power?
VFPC chapter 9 . 1/9/2005
Please Update soon!
henriette chapter 9 . 12/31/2004
Bravo love, that was brilliant! A very nice plot you got going, I like the idea of Harry building a house in Hogmead, it's very orginal :)

I personally would LOVE to see this fic turning into Harry/Draco slash. Amd I would be more than pleased if you didn't make Granger and Weasel main characters, I dont like them, at all!

Cheers, can't wait untill the next chapter.
Wanamaker chapter 9 . 10/16/2004
Interesting story, update soon.
lilbuckaroo chapter 9 . 8/8/2004
Don't make it slash.
Shivani chapter 9 . 8/5/2004
I didn't notice any italics. I think you should slash Harry if YOU want to - if you don't, you'll lose certain readers, and if you do, you'll lose certain readers, and depending on who you decide to pair off either way, you'll lose certain readers - so whichever it is, YOU may as well be happy with it.

One thing comes to mind here, and that's "Absolute power corrupts absolutely." Harry in this is definitely acting the little snob, and I assume that is intentional, either for image purposes or for real. However, it seems like he's wielding his "power" with less than detailed attention to how it comes across or how it effects people. He's literally ordering people around to suit his own desires and/or treating people like objects.

I feel rather sorry for poor Poppy, for example.

Remus being proud of Harry (during social time in one chapter) struck me as being very odd. As Harry came across as being something of an unfeeling twit at that point (while showing off his grin), I found it strange that Remus would encourage that kind of behavior. Harry was really upset at what a jerk his father was while he was in school after all, so I really wonder how this is going to play out when school begins again.

I do agree on some of the other things that'd have been said. I would have more expected the Dursleys to leave Harry the contents of the kitchen waste bin rather than money, or something equally fitting like a mimeographed advert for the local looney bin. I could easily see them conforming to earlier "gifts" and being great believers of "It's the thought that counts" - especially when it suits their purposes and is cruel at the same time.

If Harry does carry on with using his grin to get his own way, then I sincerely hope that somewhere down the line in this story is a somewhat moralistic bit on how having done so, Harry gets what's coming to him for being a prat.

As to whether I actually like the story or not, I'd have to see more before I could come to a conclusion.
Pure Black chapter 9 . 8/4/2004
cool fic, I like it.

The Potter grin was new and funny.

However, didn't Harry seem more like his old self when he was visiting Vesica, why?

Keep it up and write soon!
Jack Daniels ol' NO. 7 chapter 9 . 8/3/2004
Great story. Its (in my opinion) a original idea. But you shouldnt make it Slash. First because Slash (in my opinion) ruins stories. And second why have it slash when Harry can make girls faint or whatever with his smile. So just please keep it the way it is!
lilbuckaroo chapter 8 . 7/14/2004
good story. Are you going to continue?