Reviews for Without Her
Luna12 chapter 10 . 7/3
The ending is so perfect. I don't have adequate words. The emotional notes are a perfect chord. Not too sweet, but full of goodness, resolution, cathartic heart-skipping joy. That Ranma doesn't say it aloud is true to himself. That Akane finally understands, and she has grown in confidence to accept it and say it for them, was perfect. The descriptions were beautiful. They flowed like poetry without being over the top. This was well worth 11 years! I understand, my Ranma/Akane story took me 10 years to finish.
Sashi chapter 1 . 2/13
I really love all ur ranma works. Wish I could write like u.
XxkanaxX chapter 10 . 1/19
You should do a sequel! Please write a sequel.
smashman42 chapter 10 . 8/2/2015
A really heart-wrenching tale.

I really love a story that has lots of angst and still comes up with a happy ending, and boy did you make Ranma earn his happy ending here. It is like you took Ranma's canon reactions to Akane's two* near death experiences as Jusendo, then turned them up to eleven and dragged it out for months. (*ignoring the drowning to make the spring seeing as he didn't see that)

Then there's what all the other side characters other than Ranma and Akane went through. You somehow managed to break and remake almost the whole cast and have it come off good rather than forced. I'm not at all sure what you were referring to as trite in the notes for this final chapter, simply the fact that Akane woke up and they all got a happy ending?

After Ranma's development, I was most impressed with how you handled Ryoga and Ukyo's friendship and Tatewaki's 'waking up' to reality and trying to help his sister. For the former, just as they were natural partners trying to break up the lead couple, they are natural partners to help each other get over them. That doesn't necessarily mean they have to be together of course, though many authors seem to think it does. The way you portrayed Ryoga as confused about his feelings for Ukyo works for me. As for Kunos, I like it when people give that family some back story. With the three members of the family all crazy, either it's genetic or something tragic happened to them. You actually made me feel bad for both Kuno siblings, even when Kodachi was trying to kill Akane I *still* felt bad for her. You turned a pair of easy to dismiss card board cut out crazies into real people, well done!

Your profile page suggests the possibility of a sequel. As much as I've love more of this, I think it is pretty perfect as it is. The loose ends are not so much tied up as set up to be tied, and I think that is enough. What happens from here with Shampoo and Mousse, Tofu and Kasumi, Ryoga and Akari, Ukyo and Konatsu? It doesn't really matter. This final chapter gave me the feeling that everything is going to work out just fine as it is, and the particulars don't matter. As for Ranma and Akane, their fate seems much more certain than all of the other potential couples, but still the particulars don't matter. If you made another story, what on Earth would it be about? Sure you could write another story set in this universe, but there really isn't much left to tell of this tale.
Guest chapter 10 . 6/2/2015
Beautiful. Just beautiful. I think that your writing is elegant and subtle. I found myself reading it all in one sitting. You managed the different threads of the storyline flawlessly, and it was so nice to see the point of view of so many different characters. Your story was so emotionally charged I found myself getting teary-eyed. I enjoyed this story so much.
Guest chapter 10 . 5/17/2014
Sweet

and beautiful

and thank you for letting them be together
linkgold64 chapter 10 . 4/8/2014
DAMN! that was one hell of a tearjerker! but i was agreat one thxz for writing it..

PS
I love relationship between Genma & Nodoka, this is one of the few fics that i believe that portrais them more life a real couple...
jdcocoagirl chapter 10 . 4/5/2014
very nice and i like how it seems that you made ranma feel empty and gave him new meaning after the fight with his mother and the awakening of akane but he never kept his promise to say it out loud with akane wakes up. but it seems akane save him and just replied. so cute.
Angela Jewell chapter 10 . 4/4/2014
What a perfect conclusion to a wonderfully heartfelt story. Thank you so much for writing it, and more importantly, for finishing it: It was a touching journey from beginning to end.
Saggit chapter 10 . 4/3/2014
Really, very nice. One of the few calamity-and-afterwards Ranma pieces I've read over the years that really convinces you. Characterizations are spot-on. No easy, quick fixes are offered. It is an upbeat piece in the end, but that's predicated upon shoveling through a lot of self-realization that in context doesn't seem obvious or stage-managed. And there's a long way for everybody to go after the end.

The new characters, too-Ayame and her family, including Hiro-are very believable in context, and don't draw attention away from the work, but fit in well.

My only consistent criticism (and it's very minor) is that you sometimes confuse he and she, him and her, or at least appear to be not restating the name of a character in successive sentences. I was taught doing this was wrong, but broke with the advice eventually, and have never looked back. Up to you, in any case.

Good job. Thank you for this. :)
T-T chapter 10 . 4/3/2014
YES! LOVEEEEEEE 33333
Lecka chapter 10 . 4/2/2014
Awwww Im happy Its over and at the same time sad... Its a bittersweet feeling :)
Congrats for this amazing story, it is one of the
Best ive read, and i read a lot!
Hope u write something more for this perfect
couple ;)
Best regards from Brasil.
SatineGrey chapter 10 . 4/2/2014
Oh wow, I'm soo glad you came back to finish this after so many years! I like how you tied the knots for all characters as they were all endearing, though they were all like an open-ended scenes, which I hope you consider to continue in a new story perhaps. Well, I was also hoping that you would give a longer part for Ranma & Akane after all that Ranma had been, but it's still great that they remain true to their character. Oh please continue writing more R&A stories, I really love the style of your writing!
Saggit chapter 1 . 4/2/2014
An impressive first chapter. I'm looking forward to reading all of this. One minor point:

"He was not to be reckoned with."

I think what you mean is either:

"He was a force to be reckoned with."

or...

"He was not to be toyed with."

It's easy to get a word confused like that, and end up writing the opposite of what you mean. And I'm only mentioning it because I really like what you've done, here.
caia-chan chapter 10 . 4/2/2014