Reviews for Routine Set To Flame
TT chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
If you're still alive, I want you to know that I hate you for not continuing this and your other fic. If you're dead, you're forgiven. That's how well you write, and yet you stopped!
RedQueen chapter 3 . 1/4/2008
Please write more! I want to see the rest of the story!
LadyMoonveil chapter 3 . 9/25/2006
Loving this! Can't wait to see the next chapter!
Kamelnostromo chapter 3 . 1/24/2006
I really like this. Yay for breaking clichees! Any chance of getting updates anymore? ;P
Ell chapter 3 . 8/18/2005
...

I love you.
Daystar chapter 3 . 8/8/2005
Wow. So glad you decided to update this. The writing and plot are just mind-blowing.

I laughed so hard. Your characterization makes not only the story hillarious, but also adds that hint of realism to it as well.

I hope that you update soon.
Silver Salamander chapter 3 . 8/5/2005
Interesting fic, still think you should get back onto finishing eating empty eyes though.

Update EITHER fics and I will reign down prsise on the chapter _
Daddy's little Hippy chapter 1 . 6/19/2005
you sing it sister! i tell my friend's all the time that fluffy stories with flabby plots and overused lines are lame, but they keep insisting I write fluff with pink winged bunnies and lavender skies! now i've got a angsty squall fic in the works. he's young, likes a girl who dosen't like him back...never gets girl. it's still a little overdone, but gimme a break, i'm taking babysteps away from fluff, because it's getting in my eyes and fluff in your eyes really itches. anyway, great story! i'm off to read more!

Katie
Akare chapter 3 . 6/10/2005
Just thought I should let you know how happy I am that you're still working on this story. I'd thought I was never going to get to hear the end and after it attracted my attention too. I'm always very curious about character relations not just the 'let's make them do what I want them to' kind of thing. I can't wait for the next chapter.
Zierra chapter 3 . 6/6/2005
Can you believe it? I actually remember this story! Before you get all angry with me, I should tell you that I have practically no short term memory and no detail memory. My earliest memory is when I'm two and a half or something but I can't remember what I ate for lunch yesterday!

But I remembered this story and I personally think that's kind of remarkable. Of course, once I started reading, it triggered my text/word memory and then it was kind of a smooth ride from there. o)

I still think you write amazingly! You really fill out your sentences, which I think many has problems with. And you also triggered my desire to hang around some more!

Hugs, Z
Muchacha chapter 1 . 6/4/2005
Oh, none of that melodrama and sap romance. It's better to see how these two act more like... guys. But the problem is I see no way for them to get intimate... besides angry lustful sex. So much loathing between them. *nods* I hope this story goes on and on, but it doesn't seem to be updating well, so I'm put out.
Hokit chapter 3 . 6/3/2005
Aw man! Finally! The wait for an update was killing me! Now all that my frayed nerves need to settle themselves down is to see an update for 'Eating out of Empty Eyes' as well ;)

And the wait was worth it :) I can never figure out how you can conjure an even blend between using plain English and grammar that's spot-on!

Y'know Deena, you were right about one thing: pre-game, Seifer (as the bully) would've saw Zell as being 'beneath him', nothing more than a punching bag or a verbal-bashing object for him to exploit. I'm glad you didn't turn 'Routine set to flame' into a 'Seifer secretly lovin' Zell' scenario. Like I mentioned before: macho-ism is the key in Seifer/Zell fics :)

I had to laugh when Quistis said the word "dipshit". Man, do I ever agree with Zell: seeing Quistis utter any expletives whatsover is as likely as seeing an in-character Squall crack a dirty joke.

And I freakin' love your Laguna! It's nice to see him with a little maturity and sense, rather than a bumbling buffon that he seems to be tagged with in almost every other fic.

Oh, and I also freakin' love Zell's vocab! "Numb nuts dumbo", haha!
Hokit chapter 2 . 5/26/2005
Hi Deena!

It's been a while since I last read a Seifer/Zell fic from you, and man, I'm pleased to see that none of your awesome writing skills and knack for upfront macho-ism has been lost in 'Routine Set to Flame'.

Compared to 'Eating out of Empty Eyes', I gotta admit that this fic leans more towards the action/humour genre, rather than the action/angst one.

I'm also glad that you've kept Seifer and Zell swearing till their cheeks are bloated red and, of course, it's always great to see that they've still got that undeniable knack for insults and arguments :)

And yeah, from the 'last updated' tag on the top left-hand corner of the chapters, I can see that it's been a while since any new stuff has been added. Y'know, thats the only thing I don't like about your work - that is, the lack of updates. Man, even my skin starts to itch when I read through the chapters, only to be left hanging with the lack of an ending.

Anyway, like I said, your work is AWESOME. Great writing, kick-ass characterisation and above all, an interesting plot that doesn't fall into the usual cliche traps that I've seen swarming around in other fanfics.

Seifer/Zell fans need more authors like you to churn out the substance and keep this couple popular. So get moving! :)
eerika chapter 2 . 3/22/2005
Hey, are you planning on continuing this fic? I'd love to read more, it's interesting. :)
eggplanttyrant chapter 1 . 10/17/2004
i love the voice here. to me, this is exactly how seifer and zell would speak. good job. write more!

(also, huzzah! to making them not all schmoopy 'i have loved you forever but just didn't know it'.)