Reviews for Imhotep's Key
Catlimere chapter 4 . 1/24/2004
Loved the meeting between President Ryan and Buffy. I really liked the undercurrents between the Sunnydale group (and Riley and Clark's surprise) when Buffy signalled for Giles to answer Ryan's offer of US support. Actually really great thinking not find themselves beholden to any one government. I never even considered that. (Which is highly embarrassing. *g*) Good thing Giles was there and actually offering some advice to Buffy before they arrived. I'd have snapped up the help and then been stuck in who knows what kind of mess when the administration eventually turned over.
I can understand why Xander and Dawn would want the help, all of them really, but it makes sense to keep the Council independent of any government. I would say set them up like the UN but then they'd talk about the problem 'til long after the apocalypse was over.
I also liked Riley's point about the soldiers' eventual reactions to all that they've learned. While caught up in the battle, the adrenaline and training pretty much have you acting on instinct, following orders, and doing your job. Afterwards though, when you have time to think...can't be easy to learn all those horror stories are true. And worse yet the ones chosen to protect you are girls, and at that only supposed to be one girl at a time.
Loved Ryan offering the personal loan (and at such a great rate too) and the call to Anya. I love Anya. :) I also liked Arnie's take on the dynamics of the Sunnydale group. It's really interesting to see the various reactions of Ryan's circle to Buffy and her group. I also liked Ryan offering the resources to help locate the remaining Council accounts. It would be a whole different wrinkle if one of the Ryan daughters turned out to be a potential wouldn't it. I like that he asked.
I have to say Hank getting in trouble at the office for his lack of support for the girls was a nice touch. I am glad to see in your story at least he has been paying some child support, if he hasn't been bothered to do anything else. Although his girlfriend is responsible for him not getting the CDYS messages, if he had paid any kind of attention to the girls, other than an automatic payroll deduction, he probably wouldn't be in this mess. Glad to see he at least seems to have woken up to what an evil shrew Sheila is. Wonder if that's literal in any way...he and Xander could bond over their evil girlfriends. Although with the mummy girl and praying mantis lady and well the list goes on, Xander wins. :)
Can't wait to read more.
LMiC2001 chapter 4 . 1/16/2004
Hm...most interesting... I just read the last 2 parts to catch up and I find myself craving more. These latest developments give me hope that Hank is not as useless as we may have previously believed. I like that.
Ueshiba chapter 4 . 1/16/2004
Great story! I like your different storylines coming together so well. Keep it up! Peace.
Dorothy4 chapter 4 . 1/13/2004
Hmm, so is DYS really after Hank or is it the First. Working with children I have to say honestly, I never could figure out why Social Services was involved with Buffy and Dawn. In reality, they'd be trying to put kids in that home rather then take Dawn out. (Bashing the social services the agency not the workers who do what they can).
Have to say, none of Joss' characters have good father figures. Angel didn't get along with his, Wes and Xander, lets not say anything else. Never did see Cordy's or Willow's, but they didn't come across to well.
I do like that you address the bathroom issue. I always felt Joss was really in la la land to assume that there was ANY WAY that many people could have shared one bathroom and not killed each other.
Dorothy
Harry2 chapter 4 . 1/13/2004
Something tells me that Hank is going to be in for a MAJOR surprise when he gets back to LA! And Ravens? Sounds like the First is up to new trouble. And Faith is arriving in the next chapter? YES! (Pumps fist into the air!) Now, if things REALLY get out of control, you might want to consider having a certain Time Lord *Who will be returning to the British Airwaves in 2005* Show up to lend a hand. Keep up the work on this story, and update it on the misc. stories area of the Wandererverse as well!
ED chapter 4 . 1/12/2004
another good part looks like buffy and dawn are about to get a visit from daddy just what they need another problemkeep up the great work
John chapter 4 . 1/12/2004
A very good chapter.
I think Giles made a very good decison regarding gov't. support.
As always, looking for an update.
warren chapter 4 . 1/11/2004
good believeable president ryan would offer his own use of dawn.I always thought they under played dawn in season ryan still has to worry about is youngest daughter.I bet Faith would make a great baby explanation on hank still don't feel sorry for him he dug his own be interesting when he meets up with buffy and dawn i'll be amazed if gets out without any bruises. one question is sam going to be back soon?
fastpilot chapter 4 . 1/11/2004
Say, on whatever assets the Watcher's Council had hidden, are their taxes up to date ROTFLMAO. I can just see Winston telling Ryan that after back taxes, Buffy amd Co. get 50 cents! Good mention of relatively obscure Clancyverse character. (Obscure to people who've only seen the movies as opposed to read the books.)
Wondering how things will go with the psychotic Miss Elliott.
Well I like the fact you are bringing Hank in, although I'm not even a little sure where you
are going with him.
Thanks for the chapter.
Dorothy4 chapter 3 . 1/8/2004
Okay, I'm miffed. I just realized my review for the previous chapter apparently was eaten in cyberspace. I distinctly recall making some pithy comment about Holtzman needing to beware of Greeks bearing gifts or something like that. Oh well. I'll just tell you it was fun.
Loved Buffy meeting Ryan. And everyone, even Andrea being aware that she is way to paranoid and it wouldn't really stop Buffy if she wanted to take him down. Love subtle humor like that. And Buffy finally getting some recognition outside of the Scoobies for all that she has done.
Are you going to bring religion into this. I'd like to point out that there's this whole issue with the cross thing that bugs me. Smack of Western European, Christian moralistic superiority. You said you were a Dr. Who buff, there was an episode in Slyvester Mccoy's run as the Doctor with him and Ace in WWII Britian, fighting a vampire type creature. I liked their explanation that it was faith that gave the symbol it's power, not the symbol itsself. Or in Anita Blake's words, "a cross in the hands of an aethist is a pitful sight."
Well, waiting anxiously for the next installment.
Dorothy
fastpilot chapter 3 . 1/4/2004
Nice for the majestic warrior beast called a Slayer to have a clothing picking disfunction. It's perfect.
I think Annabelle's gotten off easy. Not that she won't have a heavier feeling of consequence at some point-being a SiT/Slayer, she'll probably die young.
Hey, Kennedy, I LIKE that movie. Man was the best maneuver warfare artist since, well, maybe ever. Turning the Red Ball Express north to Bastogne in hours during the Bulge? Artistry. A-R-T-I-S-T-R-Y! (Joe, so's your writing).
I'd have loved to see the show tackle organized religion at some point. Virtually every Christian denomination has in its creed/catechism that Christ was literally resurrected by God and that this happened only a few other times by God's grace. Theologians as recently as C.S. Lewis propound that Christianity means nothing if Christ did not Die and Rise. At some point, surely Ryan is going to have to have a long session with a priest over this, assuming he learns of her second death and return, from Heaven of all places.
Did Riley share everything about what he learned from Xander? I've got to reread that.
Goog Clark, Willow interaction.
*Insert email here. Joe, please check your email.*
Awesome beginning to the meeting. Andrea must've briefly thought of turning in her resignation or something. He just walks over and shakes her hand.
Can't wait for the next bit.
Thanks.
fastpilot chapter 2 . 1/4/2004
Good job of showing Ryan being Presidential at the Radisson. Jurgis Ewel? Now that's a moniker I'd hate to lug around!
"Fire bad. Tree pretty." Now there's a quote for the ages. So did Willow jigger everybody's memory, or what?
Aha! Is this the first time Holtzmann hears Buffy's name? I think it is.
Exchange program? You know, I bet a lot os the SITs were hoping to escape compulsory shooling. Mwahahahah!
So what does Ewel's editor know about Buffy?
Oh, and Clark being described as a troubleshooter? *snigger* Too easy, no points for THAT one!
Thanks, for the update.
fastpilot chapter 1 . 1/4/2004
A very good preface. It would prepare someone well who hadn't read RoS.
Thank you.
Harry2 chapter 3 . 1/4/2004
A nice chapter. While I understand Andrea's paranoia, there is a time and place for it. And let's get Faith in pretty soon, PLEASE! I know, I know, I'm a Faith junkie. So sue me! Or better yet, sue a certain Time Lord! He has money in all sorts of different demnomiations and forms!
ED chapter 3 . 1/4/2004
great part i loved the part where walked up and shook hands with buffy i bet his secret service detail had a hand on there gunsagain great part very well written looking forward to the next part.
285 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 Next »