Reviews for Imhotep's Key
Jedi-Princess aka Nascar Girl chapter 20 . 11/25/2005
Happy Thanksgiving! Um, Hey it is Novemeber here, I am here for some gentle nagging. Mostly cos I found a story similar to yours and realized, I had not seen anything from YOU! And I am now known as Jedi-Princess due to my serious re-addication to Star Wars, that young Obi-Wan is just a hottie. lol I may have told u that already, not remembering as it is 1 am as I writing this. Anyway UPDATE SOON! Hope your holidays was good. t/c The Nag
Majin Gojira chapter 20 . 10/17/2005
Let me start out by saying that I do enjoy this series quite a lot. But all the time I've been reading it, there was an intangibility detracting from it. A voice in the back of my head saying "somethings not right here". Recently, I figured it out, and I felt you deserved to know of this observation.

Buffy is, among many things, based in the world of a horror movie. Buffy's origins in Joss Whedon's mind speaks of this (as she is an Invert of the "Final Girl"). In the modern horror film (from which Buffy draws most of her origins), there is a constant aspect-the ineptitude of authority figures. The Modern horror film began in 1968 with "Night of the Living Dead" where the authorities were totally unprepared for the rise. It continued in the "Nightmare" series and the end of that period of Horror, "Scream", continued to show inept officers. Some films, such as the canadian film "Cube" remove authority figures altogether.

When authority figures were not inept, they were usually evil. The modern throwback to this era, the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" remake, has a clear example of the Evil Authority figure, played with gusto by R. Lee Emry.

Buffy continued the traditions set by the "Modern" horror film. The Sunnydale PD was notoriously inept, and the Mayor and Initiative arcs showed a dark side to local and regional governments.

This story gives the characters an added saftey net, which I feel, lessens the impact of certain events and...makes some things too easy. It is good to see you countering it by amping up some of the threats presented to the group to compensate for the added power. However, I would like to make a suggestion of bringing up more of the downsides of having such heavy governmental influence. There have been several of these already, and I commend you for them, I would just like to see a few more emphasized, maybe even as actual threats. Buffy's not exactly known for 'following orders,' after all. Heck, one of the negative aspects of government involvement could be played through Holztman. Reporters and the Media are just so easy to blame for everything!

And no, this is not the longest review I've ever written, but it is the most professional.
APS chapter 20 . 10/1/2005
grejt story,

keep upp the good work.

Added author/story to my Alert list.

Opinions are like assholes.

Everyone has one - but some just smell worse than others.
Antonio chapter 20 . 9/25/2005
Im back, sorry for not review the last chapter.

Buffy must be pleased: birthdays presents but no monsters.

Purdy has made her point.

How much are they going to say to Holtzman? Trusted or not, I dont think they want the public to know that a general thinks the president is the Antichrist.

Holtzmann has a point: a LOT of people arent going to be happy about this.

I really hope you will make a whole chapter to Holtzmans( and friends) first article and the reactions.

So are you going to make the Scoobies famous? Or are they going to be the same as the spies?( it is illegal to make public a spy identity)

Diggs has a point but I think that the Scoobies are the proof that Buffy is a team player.

General Clark, may I introduce Dark Willow?, :) you sure know your cliffhangers.
John chapter 20 . 9/22/2005
This was a very good chapter. My only worry is the cast of characters is getting very long.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
sirc chapter 20 . 9/22/2005
Hmm... now this is interesting :) Not that the rest isn't, cuz... oh, you know what I mean.

Looks like there's a lot of people there and more is added constantly. Good thing they bought Glory's factory.

And the "It is" is strangely familiar. I think I read about it in another fic and it is obviously from one of the "Tomb Raider" films. I wonder which one, I have only seen the one with the All-Seeing Eye
Dorothy4 chapter 20 . 9/21/2005
Okay, everyone is in Sunnydale and everyone is at Buffy's house. Yikes, that's going to be cramped and not too much fun if it keeps up much longer.

Poor Bob, what a welcome to Sunnydale. It starts with a bang. Bugs, Slayers, and now Dark Willow, even if she's just being channeled. Hope he can stand it.

Dorothy
Jedi-Princess aka Nascar Girl chapter 20 . 9/21/2005
oh dear, Repeat evil Willow part 2, but not, Evil Cindy. Scary stuff! Very awesome chapter ending. I know Buffyl like gifts, especailly ones with sharp edges. Yeah, I have have changed my name, now Jedi-Princess, because of my recent addiction to anything Star Wars, Espcially Obi-Wan lol (blushes)The Ewan McGregor version that is! lol. Great chapter ending. Hopefully this crew can track down Willow & save her. I forget is Angel involved in this? I need to re-read stuff, am forgetting. sighs. I forget is this before she re-souled him? I thouoght I had heard they had some connection thru that. Either that or read it in another fiction. Maybe seer Cordy could help. Just a wild thought. t/c the Jedi/Nascar pest
WBH21C chapter 20 . 9/21/2005
COOL!
Paladin Steelbreaker chapter 20 . 9/21/2005
Well, once again you have delivered a splendid chapter.

And I'll gladly forgive you for making me wait for some more Hank bashing. This is another of the things that makes this story so awesome. Your ability to weave effortlessly in and out between different events, in a way that makes the whole course of events seem very realistic, makes me green with envy.I wish I could do it.

Well I have finished the Clancy book about the Soviet assassination attempt on the pope "Red Rabbit(is that the english name?", and it was fantastic. so what book do you recomend I try next?

Anyway, today I have a couple of things I want to mention. They are of little importance to the story but I am a little nasty today, and mentions them anyway,lol.

The highschool Buffy attended before she came to Sunnydale, was named Hemmery, not Hermany like you wrote in chapter 19.

And in chapter 20 Purdy say: One of my Sensies once told me a story. I think you mean "Senseis".

Like I said it is only insignificant details. Sory.

Anyway I loved the chapter, it is well worth the absense of Hank bashing. And so far, you seem to be handling Lara Croft the right way, thank you for that. But now I am going to ask you something, i never in my wildest dreams thought I would ever do. Where the heck is Faith? I can't believe it, I find myself hoping there will be more about Faith soon.

And what happened with the buggs at the hospital?

And finally, OH SHIT! DARTH WILLOW IS BACK! Shit shit shit. I really hope they can shake Ms. Eddington out of it. One does not need Darth Willow on top of every other piece of shit they are dealing with.

I have to hand it to you, that was one heck of an evil cliffhanger!

Hurry up with the next chapter!

Best of wishes from Norway

Paladin Steelbreaker
Duchess67 chapter 20 . 9/21/2005
Oh creepy creepy creepy! Isn't that much more of a reaction than they should have gotten? This Cindy person won't be totally lost in Willow's evil magic personna, will she? She's not actually channeling her to the point where she'd have powers either, is she? *really hoping NOT*

Seeing as how this has a HIGH freak out making factor, um, no one is going to shoot her, are they?
Allen Pitt chapter 20 . 9/21/2005
yep, strong imprint. Hm, potential legal trouble for willow? though I don't think any jury would convict her over Warren, the whole 'destroy the world' thing, that they might take a dim view of... anyway-tracking Willow, great..

If they're going to strike at the HQ & try to rescue Willow-they need Faith (or at least, could use her)-same same for Angel & company-.

I'd love for Giles to register that Wesley has changed a LOT...and would also love for them all to see Connor in action... let alone hear his origin...

*It's kind of funny how the whole First evil thing has been pushed aside as less important...but I suppse a few Turok Han could change that view; right now any number of 'bringers would only get themselves slaughtered hitting the Summers residence...
Harry2 chapter 20 . 9/21/2005
Good chapter as usual. But, whenever I see the name Mike Yates, I keep seeing a certain English Brigadier saying, "Captain Yates, 5 rounds rapid at that statue!" Being that you use a lot of English charachters, I think you would get the reference.
JA Baker chapter 20 . 9/21/2005
Ok, faster review this time, but I’m not sure you’re going to like it.

I’m finding the story a bit hard to follow at the moment. Maybe it’s the number of new characters that you introduced the last two or three chapters, and maybe it’s because you’re adding more crossovers that I don’t understand.

As I’ve said before, too many crossovers distract from the story, as you have to spend so long explaining who everyone is and what their part in the plot is. Keeping it purely Buffy/Rainbow Six would have been simple, and I admit that I like the added plot line from The Mummy films, but I’m beginning to lose my way with everything else added.

I’m going to do my best to keep up, but there are no-doubt going to be bits that go over my head.
Joe chapter 20 . 9/21/2005
Well now! Dark Willow Lite is on the rampage and gunning for Andrew (I am calling her lite cause Cindy does not have Willows native power). I suspect that Andrew may soon realise that fantasy is only fun as long as it is not real. I hope notting too bad happens to Cindy, she seemed like a nice person.

I hope they can persuade her to go look for Willow rather than hunt Andrew, could be difficult if she thinks she is Willow.

'It is' sounds like just the thing to soften Imothep's cough. I presume its antimagic properties extends to the wielder.

So the pieces are in place and the scene is set. The next chapter should be fun. I think that Jack should evacuate the town and declare it a free fire zone. You have Imothep,the First, Trifucates, Willow, Dark Willow lite, the slayer, the Medjai, the O'Connells, Rainbow, Lara Croft and the Avengers all loose in the place. I think insurance is going to be hard to come by in Sunnydale.

I would be amusing to find at the end of the series that Billingsby and his crew were found buried in the rubble have been taken out as collateral damage in the crossfire :-)
285 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »