Reviews for In the Way
lalaland894 chapter 9 . 12/10/2008
This was a wonderful story but I wish there was more action between James and Lily. Also, right after her parents died, you made it seem as though nothing big had happened. It was completely forgotten...I didn't like that. But otherwise, the story was good.
wonderful chapter 2 . 12/10/2008
I love the story so far!

It is definitely different from all the other stories and very refreshing. Thanks!
Telemachos chapter 9 . 8/17/2007
I enjoyed reading your story, but there were several elements in your plotline that kind of irritated me along the way. For one, it seemed like a lot of the themes were fleeting, like they had their fifteen minutes of fame and then drifted away to never show up again. One of these was the fact that Lily was really easygoing in the beginning, which was fine, but then as soon as she snapped at James, she never really tried to control her temper despite her fear of being discovered anything but perfect. And then there were some things that appeared without any foundations - for instance, right after James caught Lily in the classroom with the knife they both began liking each other. Perhaps James' condition made sense because the thought crossed his (or rather, other peoples') mind before, but Lily immediately started liking him. It would have seemed more realistic if you had a period where she felt platonic, friend-like sentiments and absolutely no inclination of "love". There was also the whole suicide thing - that idea is pretty overused for AU-ish fics on this site, so it wasn't the most original, but that probably would have been fine anyway if you had managed to base Lily's actions to make more sense. It seemed pretty random that she immediately fell to that conclusion after hearing about her parents' death, and even though you had some details regarding the piling up of her feelings, it probably could have been elaborated on more. And of course there was the unresolved situation with Lily's friends - in one of the earlier chapters you mentioned that they didn't really know her, which brought up the potential problem for a rift, but you never addressed that again, and you didn't say whether or not Lily ever intended to tell them about her problems.

Even though it probably sounds like I thought your story wasn't very good, it was definitely interesting and very well-written, so I congratulate you on that. I also want to give you points for not doing a Sirius-Lily'sFriend relationship. Those usually bug me to no end.
Pyromaniac-Girl chapter 9 . 6/30/2007
That was a really good story!

It had a great plot, the chracters were believable and the ending was so cute!

I love this story it is vey awsome and you should continue to write more like it because it is so good!
ThePranksterQueens chapter 9 . 7/18/2006
this is so good, and i loved it!
sumdea chapter 9 . 6/4/2006
i lurve it i lurve it i lurve it thanks for writing an awesomly good story. it is great
Lady Farevay chapter 9 . 11/8/2004
Aye! I absolutely loved was very beautifull and I loved how it all went.

“And now it’s happily ever after, I suppose. Almost like it had all been written down in a story…
Palantiri chapter 7 . 10/25/2004
Wow. That's just it, wow. So perfectly heart-touching way to show a beginning of a beautiful relationship (so cliche, but so wonderful!)
Flame Of Desire chapter 9 . 9/26/2004
dude i love this fic! its so good! oh damn i just realized that since it's finished i can't read anymore of it! oh well it was a great fic!
LithiumAtomicNumberOfThree chapter 9 . 7/9/2004
*Sniffle* That was beautiful. And excellently written I might add. If this were the TAKS (Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills) test that would absolutely be a 4 out of 4.

It had everything: Drama

and actually

concluding the

piece

Good Job.

You've exceeded the requirements of the state of Texas - Which are ridiculously high anyway

~ Smiles,

Lithium; Atomic Number Of 3
RhiannonCat chapter 9 . 5/28/2004
Great!

Sequel! Sequel! It's caling you...

Sorry, I love it!
TigerLily chapter 9 . 5/19/2004
hey! omg i love this fanfic! no it can't be over! are you going to write a sequal? or just another lily/james fic? if you are e-mail me at
LivingDreams chapter 9 . 5/19/2004
aw wow! this story has had me hooked for the past 3 days and i've finally managed to finish reading it! you did a brilliant job! aw! it was so sweet! i love it lots and lots and lots! aw. its a shame that nami and sirius werent a pair. they'd have made such a great couple. will there be a sequel? with maybe nami/sirius getting together? huh? D hope there is! well done on your fic! it is excellent!
FabledOrange chapter 9 . 5/19/2004
You, my friend, has once again achieved all greatness in this story. You are an absolute angel sent from the heavens above to free us from our Lily/James fanfic cravings, and make us feel that WAFF (warm and fuzzy feeling) inside...you, my friend, are an absolute genius.
And that is why i adore you, your brain, and your works. Only if i could achieve this kind of perfection in my rotting works...
Anyway, aside from these ramblings that i have presented your holy presence with, I would like to say that this masterpiece is an absolute...*looks for the right words* well, i'm unable to describe this brutally heartwarming story, since i'm speechless at the moment (James is just so sweet in every one of your stories! he makes my heart melt!)
Since i'm partly speechless for now, i can't find the right words to compliment you on your story, so i guess i have to leave now. I'm greatly sorry if this review took nothing but time from you.
Once again, great job. Absolutely one of the best there ever was.
Looking forward to read more of your works,
A. Pikachu
BastsCleopatra chapter 9 . 5/18/2004
THAT TOTALLY ROCKS! THE best story I've ever read! Send that to JKR, cause it's just THAT GOOD. Aw, I feel all mushy now! The ending was just superb; I loved it! James, Lily, love, and Sirius. What a wonderful combonation! Splendid job. I give you eighteen thumbs up and a standing ovation! Keep writing! I can't wait to see what you come up with next!:)