Reviews for To Save Myself From Myself
Rhyolight04 chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Damn, this is sad...
Luna del Cielo chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Aw.

I wonder how many people will know that I destroyed the ring, that it was Smeagol who saved Middle- Earth.

-Soooo true. More love for Smeagol!
Candelabra chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
I LOVE SMEAGOL! Oh, POOR LITTLE SMEAGOL!

This is an awesome little one-shot. Yeah, when you think about it ... probably not many people in Middle-Earth really knew exactly what happened at the top of Mount Doom. And I hate how Peter Jackson made it so that Frodo pushed him into the lava. That just got on my nerves.
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 10/28/2005
Wow . . . Jeze.

I've always thought that they did it on purpose, too, you know.

PS-one of my 'little wishes' is that they'd survived. A shame it didn't happen that way.
Aldarwen chapter 1 . 3/24/2005
This is touching. I like the way you portrayed Gollum/Smeagol and the interpretation of the Mount Doom Scene, because it's a very original and at the same time a very plausible idea. :) Well done!
SilentStream chapter 1 . 9/11/2004
Wow, this is so good! I love how you wrote it. Gollum/Smeagol's character has always really interested me. Can't wait to read more of your work
LuthienLuin chapter 1 . 8/2/2004
WOW! I absolutely love this! Smeagol is such a complex guy. But I agree with the other reviewer that Frodo knew the truth. The understanding he and Smeagol shared was very deep, and you do a good job explaining why. I also enjoyed the Sil reference.
Wren03 chapter 1 . 7/15/2004
Wow. I love the way you did Smeagol. In practically every story I have read with him as the main character he is written as some brainless being, with a heart maybe, but brainless. You gave him both, and you should definitely be applauded for that. Besides that, though, the greatest thing you did was acknowledge Maedhros. When I watched ROTK for the first time I was actually thinking how similar the two instances were. You are a true Tolkienite, and it really comes through in your work.
Celeste chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
Your really like the Lord of the Rings...dont you? lol
GREAT writing!
Gijinka Renamon chapter 1 . 3/20/2004
Interesting. And not bad either.
Runi-chan chapter 1 . 3/5/2004
Aw...
you know what, Frodo knows the truth. He knows that it was Smeagol.
Like someone has already said, there aren't really any excellent Gollum/Smeagol stories up on this site.
A Hard Hobbit to Break chapter 1 . 2/3/2004
Such an interesting story! Job well done. I enjoyed your portrayal of Gollum, as I for one feel sympathy for him unlike many people. He does have a good side! _
A Hard Hobbit to Break
"I will not say the day is done, nor bid the stars farewell."
Iridia chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
Wow!... I wonder if you've been reading my mind, because I had suspected something like this might have happened to Smeagol/Gollum for a long time-like another of your reviewers, I've always thought it a bit suspicious, since Gollum's about the furthest thing from clumsy there is-but I'd never quite had the words to write it down. You did-and masterfully, too. Thanks.
Thess chapter 1 . 12/31/2003
Wow... Smeagol/Gollum is my favorite character of the Lord of the Rings. And I agree 100 % with your vision of the end, it was so suspicious how he slipped. Gollum isn't a careless creature.
Also cheers for your Maedhros' reference in the end D
Ode2Joy chapter 1 . 12/11/2003
I really really liked this! Gave me chills. I never even thought about what Gollum/Smeagol would be thinking as he/they fell into the fire. Very original. Happy writing!