Reviews for I'll Be Home For Christmas
misslibrariangirl chapter 1 . 12/12/2007
I've been hunting for this for an hour. I wanted to reread it for Christmas!
Kid Blink's Dreamer chapter 4 . 6/22/2005
Awe! That was soo cute!
misslibrariangirl chapter 4 . 7/8/2004
hell, I can read this in JULY and still cry. It made me cry at Christmas, and I cried harder today...

love,

Aura
Alexandria Duncan chapter 4 . 2/20/2004
*sob*
The fluffiness is too much... my muses are crying!
I loved these stories Dakota.
They were, in one word, wonderful.
::Muses applaud::
quietviolence chapter 4 . 12/13/2003
OMFG. I thought I was way too happy when I got to listen to all my favorite Christmas songs (despite my being a Jew... whatever) and read a new installment of 'I Saw Daddy Kissing Santa Claus,' but this is definitely making it even better. Sweet Snitch/Skitts makes my day. Thank you muchly.
ctb,
alex
deadaccount4468 chapter 2 . 12/13/2003
At first I was apprehensive to read this, just based on the fact that it had something ot do with the war in Iraq.
I decided to give you the benefit of the doubt. I figured you wouldn't write anything to controversial. I read the first chapter, and I enjoyed it. So I continued to this chapter.
'I sat down in one of the uncomfortable waiting seats and put my face in my hands, trying hard to hold back tears. I had been shooting at Iraqi soldiers, blowing up military compounds, and using a machine gun to mow down convoys from a helicopter for five months now…and I couldn’t do something as simple as getting home in time to spend Christmas with Mush.'
I cannot begin to tell you how upsetting this is. You should be more sensitive to other people who may be reading this. This was not something I personally wanted to read. I understand the fact that most Americans are quite proud of their armed forces, but not everyone in the world shares this same viewpoint. I also understand that this was part of the narrative, but you should take care what you write. Some things can be taken the wrong way.
I will not be reading the next chapter, and I'm sure other people will not be either.
Thank you.
SpecsGlasses chapter 4 . 12/13/2003
I'm glad you didn't get caught writing and you didn't die because that was phenominal. I really REALLY liked it...I'm glad there wasn't too much fluffyness in it because it might've ruined the chapter, ruined the meaning of it...but it didn't. It was great. You're a wonderful author and one of my faves.
SpecsGlasses chapter 3 . 12/13/2003
Dude AW! RACE IS SINGING I cry way too much...wow. This is such a great fanfiction WOW. Sorry for the short review but I need to get onto the next chapter man!
SpecsGlasses chapter 2 . 12/13/2003
Oh my god...this actually made me cry a little from happiness ::blows nose:: oh my god that was so good...this is such a great story holy crap...everything about this was great. I really can't express it to you through the review box but wow. Fantastic.
deadaccount4468 chapter 1 . 12/12/2003
Aww! It's so cute.
Hiph chapter 4 . 12/11/2003
Whe... that was fantasmically cute! Dear God, I got to the part where Skittery blanked, and there were all these spaces, and I thought it was the end, and I was like "Hmm... doesn't seem like much fluff... I'm confused... and SKITTERY DIED! O_o!"
...
and then I scrolled down.
Yeah, well anyway, I superly enjoyed this little stories. I really liked the idea behind them, and how they all were in different situations and had differing conflicts. Very well done, the perfect christmas piece!
JustDuck chapter 4 . 12/10/2003
::grin::
and then the infirmary doors slammed open as the colonel marched in - and the guys were courtmartialed. They later appealed the no-gays policy with the Supreme Court and made a difference...
Gothic Author chapter 4 . 12/10/2003
[buries face in hands and screams]
This is too cute...
[huggles] I love holiday fluff.
Gothic Author
Sage1899 chapter 4 . 12/10/2003
OH! Illegal ficcage! EEP!
I love it! So good. I luffle heroic!Skittery! YESH!
I had to wait an extra day for it to work...but it was worth the wait.
SOO good!
*hands you a choccy covered Newsie*
luv Sagey
fists chapter 4 . 12/10/2003
I love ur stories...FLUFF...n e ways...keep posting ... CANT WAIT...hope u didn't get in trouble...ttyl
fists1