Reviews for A Rusty Spoon
Garden Gnomie chapter 1 . 1/11/2015
Amazing story
Sad end
Chocolate498 chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
YOu crush all my feels in this wonderful, yet powerful, and heart-breaking story. The detail was brilliant, and the writing was strong throughout the whole story. This is an amazing piece of literature. You should be proud. This is amazing :)
BewilderedFemale chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Wow... This is honestly the first ST DS9 story that brought me to tears; absolutely beautiful, thank you.
haikiteh chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
What a tour de force! Deeply moving, with heartrending details in the prison camp. You really depicted the heroism in moments both small and large. Brilliantly done.

Thank you for a very satisfying read.
Sparrow chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
I just wanted to say this was a great piece. I was literally in tears at the end. I have no words other than I really enjoyed it. Thank you for writing this.
nightbird47 chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
So hearbreaking and so awesome. And so realistic. Someone once said that there is always a choice, and Bashir chose to want to survive, symbolized by that spoon. There are a lot of dark places hinted at in the Dominion war, and unforutnately the show never went beyond but I can belive this is what happened.

And the end... so close to surviving. It just pulls at you. But a sad sad fact of war. Congrats on a beautiful story which is more than just a star trek story.
101spacemonkey chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
its beautiful, and heart breaking.
FearOfDeathIsIllogical chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
A great story. Very good.
ganainm chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
I like this - a lot. Great job.
WhiteOwlCirce chapter 1 . 10/8/2005
wow, that was beautiful and powerful. The bit when Bashir is 'brought back' to DS9 and O'Brians reaction made me cry..nice work.
RavenDove chapter 1 . 12/22/2004
I think this is very well written. I t makes sense as an alternet timeline peice. I think you get inside the charactors minds very well, and paint a vivid picture of dispair. The whole spoon thing is so very like the sort of thing you would expect in a real POW situation.

You should read "Den Of Lions" autobiography of Terry Anderson who was held for seven years in Lebenon during the 80s & 90s. That is if you haven't already.

Just a nip pickers note here. In the CANNON timeline I don't think the Founders would have ordered the exicutoin of all prisoners. And I doubt they had many prisoners in the Gamma Quadrent that got there after the retaking of DS9 in the episode "Scrafice of Angels", because they were cut off from the wormhole.

Lyda mae (RavenDove) Huff
little one chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
This is a brilliant piece of work. Such a lovely portrayal of Bashir and O'Brien and their friendship. Very well written, and unique, I was so taken aback by how original this idea was! Very symbolic and heartfelt, I only wish there were more fics like this. Exceptional work. Two thumbs up and a hug!
Barb Wily chapter 1 . 6/18/2004
Tear. Jerker.

Well-written. Tear. Jerker.

I think the post-letter description is expendable, however.

But otherwise, wonderful.
Sabishiioni chapter 1 . 4/28/2004
Wow.
It reminded me of a book that I had read long ago. It was full of letters written by soldiers and their loved ones. I remember shedding more then a few tears over that book much like I did after reading this beautifully written peice of fan-fiction.
I must say I loved the symbolisim of the spoon. It was amazing to watch how a silly, small item became so much more meaningful.
I look forward to reading more of your work.
lexi chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
That was truly phenomenal! I wasn't sure what to expect when I read the description, and this is amazing! I loved the note at the end. It tied everything together and truly moved me. Not a lot of fan fiction writers can write this well. You have a real talent. Keep it up!