Reviews for Simple Things
CatBru chapter 1 . 6/14/2004
Oh man! I read this again, this time after FINALLY watching Terra Firma. Its even better since I got to see that eppy!
Hybridbabe chapter 1 . 6/12/2004
Alien indeed! I think John does realize that, now that he's been in space aboard Moya, that Home just ain't what it used to be. You conveyed that point loud and clear, and it fits perfectly with the kind of attitude that John had during the 4th season. You really have to hand it to Ben Browder for playing such an amazing part...

Anyway, the simplicity of the fiction is what really gets me. It's not overly done, described or detailed. It's simple. It's fact. I like that about it! Sometimes, simplicity is the best use for making points and feelings clear and you used it magnificently! I hope to read more of your work soon!
Lyranfan chapter 1 . 3/22/2004
This was a cute and coherent story - Dayquil aside. Great one shot
valleyforge chapter 1 . 12/19/2003
Enjoyable and well done. It was very easy to picture and relate to, cause we've all got that pair of favorite jeans... :)
DekotaSkye chapter 1 . 12/13/2003
Oh, fan the face. Man, it's getting a little warm in here. Love it.
CatBru chapter 1 . 12/13/2003
Very well done. I haven't even been able to see this episode yet, but you put me right there and I knew exaclt what was going on. That is a very difficult thing to do, at least for me anyway.
thedorkygirl chapter 1 . 12/11/2003
...and that made so much sense, and was so pretty. Thank you.
Auna chapter 1 . 12/8/2003
I know I'm begining to sound like a tape recorder here, but I wanted to thank you, again, for your review. I'm still fuzzy in the head, so I'm not going to be very eloquent, but thank you. You are appreciated.
longnite chapter 1 . 12/8/2003
You have an interesting work of reflection for John here. You set up the scene very well and you can truly feel the longing that he has for his past. The use of his clothing as a symbol of his past wants and desires works well. We also see that he still has issues that he has yet to come to terms with...which I am not at all surprised by! I also liked the fact that you had him recognize that his past no longer defines him...and or fits the mold of the man he has had to become.
I did miss that we did not get any indication as to where Aeryn was...even though this is a John centered story, I still wonder about it! In my minds eye...she is never very far away! Well done!:)