Reviews for On The Aurora
NeLLy chapter 1 . 3/10/2004
well, ya its a bit different, REALLY different, but it makes it more accurate adn i like the changes. i wuda prefered it anyway, and this was is fine also. lol, but now we're gonna have to wait for draco to become all un-self-centered. and WHAT is draco gonna be doing in INDIA? BUSINESS MEETING? i DONT think SO! lolol, newayz great story! update soN! and plzpzplzpzplZ email me when u updated so i kno! thanx!
alka chapter 1 . 3/10/2004
THAT WAS UNEXPECTED!YEAH,IT IS COMING OUT WELL.
ANYWAYS I ACTUALL LIKED THE PART WHEN DRACO GETS MIONE'S NECKLACE AND SHE ALMOST ONLY ALMOST SEEMED AS IF SHE STARTED TO LIKE HIM.
YOU DEFINITELY WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN RIGHT?
AND WHY INDIA ?
OK,ANYWAYS, UPDATE MORE...SOON
BYE
alka
Ciara chapter 1 . 3/9/2004
Yay! *applauds accuracy* Very good. I quite like the story now, please continue!
Sirius Black Here chapter 3 . 2/17/2004
heck ya! continue!
Celestial Being chapter 3 . 2/7/2004
Hey Hey! Nice chapter, a bit short, but nice nevertheless. Update soon!
Silver Stockings chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
hm draco has blonde hair - as you mentioned when he first met Hermione. so whats with the light brown hair?
Ciara SpyGirl7comcast.net chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
Ok, couple of things. I don't really have a problem with taking the characters and putting them in a different setting. Those kind of stories can be quite interesting if done well. But how much do you know about the time period you have chosen?
Firstly, wasn't Australia still being used as a penal colony in 1812? I mean, the first British settlement wasn't founded on the island until 1788 and that's about 24 years earlier than your story. Not really enough time for the place to grow respectable enough for a peer of England, especially since for years the British used Australia as a veritable dumping ground for criminals, bankrupts, political dissidents (mostly Irish) and other "undesirable" citizens. Why would a man as wealthy as Lord Malfoy take his wife there?
Also, why would Hermione's parents allow her to go, unchaperoned, on this trip before she was married? It was considered improper for an unmarried woman to even be left alone in a room with a young man. For Lord and Lady Granger to allow their only daughter to go halfway around the world with someone she's not married to would be completely out of the question. This strict behavioral code would also apply to names. If Hermione and Draco were brought up properly, they would not dream of calling each other by their first names until after they were married. Even married couples did not address each other by their first names in public. This was a no-no among the upper classes.
I doubt Lord Malfoy would be visiting Paris, since England and France were not friendly at this time. England fought against Napoleon's armies and navy during the earlier years of the 19th century. In 1812, Napoleon was invading Russia and attempting to use the Continental System to block all trade between Britain and mainland Europe. Needless to say, the British were not best pleased with France and probably wouldn't be visiting Paris.
And Hermione wouldn't need to get married at 16. That's a bit on the young side, even for Regency England. Most girls made their debuts into society around that age (16 or 17) and would then be married around 18 (or older). Hermione is very far from being an "old maid" and I doubt her parents would rush her into marriage that quickly.
Have you read lots of Jane Austen? Or perhaps seen some of the movie adaptations? If not, I would suggest reading some of her novels. They're not an actual historical source, but Austen wrote about her contemporaries and the books are a good picture of life in Regency England. Do some more research about the time period for this fic. You're a good writer and this could be a very interesting story if you make it a bit more plausible and historically accurate. E-mail me if you have any questions. Good luck!
purpleangle0701 chapter 2 . 12/27/2003
hey this is really good! but draco has blond hair... not light brown. anyway, e-mail me when u update this at . thanks.
anja-boyce chapter 2 . 12/16/2003
Okay, really liked the second chapter! keep at it! As for no magic... well, I suppose I'll let you off cos the story is so good! Its not a copy of Hp and thats a really good thing. Ciao!
NeLLy chapter 2 . 12/13/2003
NO! how could just stop it? i hate CLIFFIES! lol, well i guess its a good way to get ppl to keep reading. NeWaYz! I LUV ur story! its SO good. plz update soon, or ill be forced to review again! lol, :P. i like draco now. hes cute, all nice and caring. thanx 2 writing an excellent story! lol. cya
alka chapter 2 . 12/13/2003
EXCELLENT STORY!
IT IS VERY GOOD!
AND YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE YOU FOR UPDATING SOON{2 UPDATES IN 4 DAYS}
PRETTY QUICK.
KEEP UP THE UPDATING SPEED.
HEY!WILL YOU PLEASE MAIL ME EVERY TIME YOU UPDATE
TO TELL ME YOU UPDATED?PLEASE!PLEASE!
love
alka
Celestial Being chapter 2 . 12/13/2003
YAY! *whoops* Man this story keeps on getting better and better! And who cares about no magic, as long as there's Draco and Hermione in it it's all good! *sighs* Plz update soon!
CeLeStIaL BeInG
FuMan Skeeto chapter 2 . 12/13/2003
that was nice! update soon! hope you could make your chapters longer and slow the pace a bit. all in all, it's great.
Swimmingly Yours chapter 2 . 12/13/2003
interesiting, as usual... i'd like to see more..
Maccy chapter 1 . 12/10/2003
hey! wow i love this story ! its awesome!
please write more!