Reviews for A Harvest of Ashes
Camellia Gamgee-Took chapter 22 . 2/9/2004
Oh, soon, soon, I can feel it! (I hope!)
I actually started feeling sorry for Bramblethorn here - minus his cruel, heartless, sneaky, arrogant, pig-like behaviour, he seems to be pining.
Do you know who this reminds me of? The story of Soames Forsyte in the Forsyte Saga. You know? The one that raped his wife but truly loved her but was never loved back. He too was lonely - Bramblethorn reminds me of Soames...only Soames was a slightly nicer character!
Anarie chapter 22 . 2/9/2004
Hmm...Have you ever heard the song Show Must Go On by Freddy Mercury and the band Queen? If you havent, find it and listen to it! LOL! It should be the theme song for this story; its perfect! The best line is: "There are no words to describe how much I hate you," Frodo hissed into the darkness. "You simply cannot see it, can you? You told me that I cannot win, but in truth, neither can you."-it is so true! This was a great chapter, and it looks like there is more nasty things to come on Bramblethorn's part...it's so foreboding...WOW! This story will be about 30 chapters? The more the better! Cant wait to read more! *whines*
aelfgifu chapter 21 . 2/8/2004
Go! frodo go! swing that poker! But don't you dare hurt my bramby!
There are some great things Bramby might try while frodo is blindfolded!
hm.
Trust No One chapter 21 . 2/7/2004
I hope you get this review, it's my 3rd try but keeps throwing it out. Anyway, Bramby's mind is a scary place right now. Doesn't he realize that by breaking Frodo he will be more unresponsive than ever. Well, after realizing that he missed his best chance the previous night. And poor Sam,i think he suspects what's happened and will never forgive himself. I wonder if the two will ever have a chance after this. Usually, the 'other 'relationship ghas a slim chance of survival, but maybe, maybe... LOL, is Bramby developing the opposite of 'Stockholm syndrome', getting too attached to Frodo. Eh, talking about the things one can't have lol! TNO
Sam chapter 21 . 2/7/2004
You know, just when I think Bramblethorn might just be growing a heart, he does something like this! Darien seems to be a smart guy, as do Mac and Ned. Frodo and Sam wil be reunited soon right? I love reunions.
Samhain Feis chapter 21 . 2/6/2004
Ack! Poor Frodo! God, you've gotten me all riled up for him. So much so that I had to review!
Ack, I say again, when will they get to poor Frodo? I can't tell if I want them to or if I want Frodo to stay captive for longer. It's such a confusing mixture. Damn Bramblethorn, torturing Frodo like this!
I can't wait for more!
Spootasia Tomoe chapter 21 . 2/6/2004
woot! go darien! i hope he and the innkeeper help in the hobbit rescue party!
and poor frodo! once again, we fanfictioneers have put him in a tight spot! that bramblethorn is one nasty fellow to be around sometimes, eh? (all the time, actually...)
thank you for updating and update soon again please! this story is really turning out well and i really enjoy your writing style!
(And, i forgot to tell you, but congrats on successfully making a complex, compelling villian! he's a piece of work!)
Shelbyshire chapter 21 . 2/6/2004
Best line of the chapter, "You cut me. Why?" I hate to say this but there are other "things, bugs and such" in cellars. You wouldn't do that to poor Mr. Frodo, would you? Any little spiders hovering around? And yes, Monto, you are a sadistic sick son of a ... One last question, how many more chapters till the end? Not that I'm rushing you, I'm just wondering how long my own fragile state of being has to hang in there!
GamgeeFest chapter 21 . 2/6/2004
Well, at least in the cellar, he'll be less accessible to Bramblethorn. Though now I'm even more worried than I was before about Bramby trying to take Frodo one last time. He was enjoying that cat and mouse game far too much. Frodo was better off when he was sleep deprived and hungry. Now he's getting some of that spirit back and Bramby's getting all hot and bothered again.
Merry and Sam obviously know that Bramblethorn wouldn't hesitate to hurt Frodo, and they certainly know how he feels about him. Are they in denial about what's possibly (well, possibly, to them anyway since they don't know for sure) been going on the last two weeks? They seem to be clinging to that knife at Frodo's throat when mentioning their hesitation to get help in Bree, but they also know that Bramby wouldn't hesitate to harm Frodo in the least. I wonder how surprised they'll really be when they find out exactly what's happened. Everyone seems to be thinking the same thing though, even if they aren't saying it.
That innkeeper's certainly getting his share of excitement isn't he? He won't soon forget these guests!
Breon Briarwood chapter 21 . 2/6/2004
More please?
hobbitfeet13 chapter 21 . 2/6/2004
You're smarter then I give credit to sometimes, I was hoping for at least a crumb at what Merry was planning or Merimac now-*distracts thoughts*-that was a nice description of food at the beginning. Uhmm, bacon. *licks lips*
At least Frodo tried, and his goal from not getting raped was sucessful, but it didn't go unpunished. Not good, not good at all. *shakes head* At least there's no rats this time, and he can at least sleep peacefully, I hope..probably not. I'm most curious how the Big Folk will get involved with all of this, especially Darien. He looks to be great fun. -
hobbitfeet13 chapter 21 . 2/6/2004
Anarie chapter 21 . 2/6/2004
Boumd, blindfolded, beaten unconcious and thrown into the basement by a wrathful Bramblethorn: it seems that Bramby has proclaimed Frodo's Doom. Does he REALLY intend to keep him locked up and alone until Merry and Sam come? I do not think that with the given time limit, Bramby will be able to resist a final *farewell* with Frodo...if he just takes him as he is in the cellar, Frodo wouldnt be much of a challenge...i mean: bound...come, on. This is rather angsty chapter! Frodo seems to be all but broken: he cant fight Bramblethorn cause he knows the other will over power him...and if he doesnt, there's always Bramblethorn's magical tea! Keep updating! I wonder how long can Frodo last?
endymion2 chapter 21 . 2/6/2004
„Still, at the crucial moment, he had gazed into Frodo's eyes and seen something that stilled his hands and silenced his demands for Frodo's compliance.“
Quite a predicament Bramby has allowed himself to get into! A predator should never care for his prey. What will he do now. He must have come to the conclusion that he’ll never achieve what he wants., he’s not dense like his helpers. Does he intend to keep Frodo in the cellar until Merry and Sam arrive..you cannot do this, cannot give away the chance for so much confrontation.
„You shall miss me when you've no one to keep you company."...but this may take some time I think, time that dear Bramblethorn does not necessarily have any longer
At least you had the innkeeper and the lawman not read the message and spur them into rash action, LOL
Stephanie chapter 21 . 2/6/2004
I do love hobbit angst, i think it's becuase I just love to feel sorry for them! This chapter left me feeling a tad less helpless than the last chapter. I'm glad we witnessed that conversation between the hobbits, becuase I did not know the extent of some of their knowlege when it cam to the Frodo-Bramblrthorn situation. I might be wrong, but if I was frodo at this moment I might like being alone in the basement rather than with those people, but I do not know how long he's going to be down there or anything, so I very well mught eat my words later. Actually I think I would go mad. Wait, if i was frodo I would have been loony by chapter 4. I'm also glad that there is this darien character, becuase I think he's going to help. I like your new chapter format that shows a little bit of what's happining with all three parties.
443 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »