Reviews for A Harvest of Ashes
CuriousCat chapter 30 . 3/2/2004
Excellent story. I'm sorry to see it end, and I respect the commitment it takes to do a story of this lenght. I do wonder what we'll do now that we don't have Bramby to kick around. I hope you have some story ideas kicking around in your head. It's always something to look forward to when you post a chapter.
GamgeeFest chapter 30 . 3/2/2004
It's over? Already? Well, a wonderful story as always, and it has a happy ending! What more could you ask for? I don't suppose there will be any more sequels in this series, but I'll be looking forward to whatever you write next.
Daonering chapter 30 . 3/2/2004
Can't believe it's the end already! :-( At least it was a happy ending (except for the pervy Bramby lovers!)
Thanks for a great read!
But will there be any stories about Bramby in the future as he is truly a great character!
Breon Briarwood chapter 30 . 3/2/2004
I'm going to have to say this once again, extraordinary! The whole series is just incredible and you are an amazing writer.
I am in awe...
Iorhael chapter 30 . 3/2/2004
So glad everything comes to a peaceful ending. But RB's image and his foul deeds would not be forgotten very easily, especially by Frodo. And Sam - he would always be alarmed if he knew Frodo was by himself. OOps, sorry for rambling.
Iorhael chapter 29 . 3/2/2004
Ah, the diary! I was so proud to be one who has read before this story. I guess it will be interesting to see the continuation, MB, but now it's impossible. Merry has burned it down. Oh.
Great chapter. Poor Frodo.
Sam chapter 30 . 3/2/2004
Ah! I love that! "Let me make one thing quite clear to you, Samwise," Frodo said earnestly. "I know that wherever I go, I want you to be there with me." They are so lucky to have each other. Thankfully, I have a wonderful friend that I only just met last year but we're already very close. I spend a lot of my time with him. So I guess I'm lucky too.
But NO! It can't end! This was such a wonderful story. The danger, the laughter, the tears and the (many) threats I've uttered to Bramblethorn. Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please,please, plese, please write another story. Mabye a sequel to the one with Aidan? Oh, one more thing, please:)
Elbereth chapter 30 . 3/1/2004
Wow! Thanks for a gripping tale. I look forward to your next piece.
spootasia tomoe chapter 30 . 3/1/2004
yay! what a wonderful ending! you did very well and certainly desrve your 400 somethin' odd reviews for this! and thak you so much for this story! i can't wait until your next one! i'll be watching your future writings from now on!
you did a real great job showing everyone's feelings a year later and how everyone is still watching frodo closely just as a reflex kind of thing or on purpose! congrats! -
hobbitfeet13 chapter 30 . 3/1/2004
"Alls well, that ends well," and this goes well for this story. A little sorry it did, but like all good stories, so they must, and end well, which it did. I'm not altogether unhappy with this story. There were some sections that were rather uncomfortable (that's a delicate way of putting don' chanca think?), and sometimes I was rather upset when Frodo seemed to cracked under the pressure but I understand why so that's just a personal opinion not a critique. All around..well, you did a most excellent job and hope to see whatever more you write. _ (A little disappointed that we didn't read more from Bramblethorn's diary, but from what you wrote, mayhap that is a good thing) -
Shelbyshire chapter 30 . 3/1/2004
*Stands up and applauds*
*Yells, encore! encore!*
Very satisfying story for a major Frodo/Sam fan as myself. My favorite stories have always been when Sam just melts in front of Frodo. However, Frodo in trouble will do too! Great writing! I shall keep an your page in my favorites folder. Back to reality for awhile. And, 11 for 11! A clean sweep! A very fitting end for our most beloved story of all.
Stephanie chapter 30 . 3/1/2004
O!
I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT IT'S OVER! i LOVE IT SO MUCH! Congratulations on a job very well done! I know that you must have put a lot of time and effort into this story and I want to thank you for sharing you talents. (Even if you don't get royalities!) I am a huge fan of every single one of your stories, and I will be looking out for your future projects! Thanks again!
Camellia Gamgee-Took chapter 30 . 3/1/2004
Hooray! Another wonderful story by you! Loved it, loved it, LOVED IT!
*dances happily*
Wow, first I hear about the Oscars, then I'm treated to a wonderful chapter. Thanks for the great story - I thoroughly enjoyed it!
MercilessTantalus chapter 29 . 3/1/2004
Another fantastic chapter, and I really enjoyed seeing Frodo the way Bramblethorn did, even upon their first meeting. It was chilling how he watched him even from such a young age.
The scene with Sam and Frodo was wonderful and I love how concerned Frodo was about hurting Sam that he didn't want to tell him.
Though I imagine there is not much left to your story, I am still awaiting any remaining installments with much anticipation. Thank you again for writing this.
Angelica chapter 29 . 2/29/2004
Well, I was *dead* wrong about Bramby's fate, wasn't I? (from my previous review several chapters ago.) But, at least I was right about the fate of the diary. I just knew Merry was going to burn it. Speaking of that diary: I would absolutely love for you to write a story entitled "The Diary of Rushford Bramblethorn." (or something to that effect) You have the talent to pull it off in a spectacular fashion, and I'm certain I speak for all your Bramby fans with this request. Please consider it. Pretty Please? Bramblethorn is such an intriguing villain, and looking into his twisted, obsessive mind in greater detail would be such a great read.
443 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »