Reviews for A Harvest of Ashes
The Lady of Mirkwood chapter 29 . 2/28/2004
It's me again. Sorry that I am so late in reviewing, I was in the state finals for a Vocabulary competition, and was bereft of internet access. But, I'm here! Ok, review time.
I wonder why Merry decided to burn the diary. I guess that I have a ghost of an idea, but I must admit to being a little bit confused. In the next chapter, do they fill Pippin in? Oh, by the way, thank you for finally getting Pippin down there! I have been begging you forever, so it made me happy. (I like Pip a lot. He, Sam, Frodo and, most of all, Legolas**Whoot-whoot** are my favorite characters). Update!
aelfgifu chapter 29 . 2/27/2004
If I claim him, I must flee this place. I shall be pursued, certainly. But flee, I could, and Frodo with me. We could travel, together. Frodo likes to travel, I believe. I can show him!
I love that- you know- to get frodo to want to travel with him-he'd have to break him like my merry. Oh- that would have been fun! such a romantic! why did you have to kill my bramblesexxy!
Lucia I. Legaia Tanaka chapter 29 . 2/27/2004
Great! That scene with Sam and Frodo was was the slash fans have been dreaming of! Thank you, thank you! .
I was wondering what sort of symbolism you could of put into the diary. All I can say is that's some of the best symbolism and so well done.
Bramblethorn... I pity him, although I swore to myself I wouldn't. Damnation!
But I am sad to see him go. He had to be the single best OC ever created. Full of personality, backstory, and charisma. He deserves a reward!
Continue! I want more S/F scenes!
endymion2 chapter 29 . 2/27/2004
„His back is straight as the figurative arrow which pierces my heart at the memory of the sight of it.“ What a pleasure to read this diary again, yet I think for Merry this is the most uninteresting part. And I HATE him for burning it! The last memorabilia of my dearest Bramby!
This was a speedy recovery! Has the inner storm passed as completely as the meteorological one? I would have preferred Merry not to advise Sam so profundly and to draw this story a bit longer, sigh!
Trust No One chapter 29 . 2/27/2004
How can one not feel even a little sorry for Bramby when reading that diary? I mean, that level of obsession reminds me so much of Gollum and the Ring, it's scary. Typical stalker behaviour. Practical Merry, not wanting to delve on what-if's, very well done. And Sam is finding his strength, how lovely. I actually tried to imagine a fast-forward into the future to get a glimpse of Sam and Frodo's relationship, but I will sit back, not so patiently, and wait lol. I will be so very sorry to see this end! TNO
Sam chapter 29 . 2/26/2004
PIPPIN! I missed Pippin, I'm glad he's back. And yay Sam and Merry. What smart hobbits they are. I really wish I had a library. I would love to be able to go there and just sit and watch the fire, read a book or daydream. What could be better?
And good for Merry. He holds so much in, more so than Frodo in a way. Frodo keeps what's bothering him inside. Merry keeps all this observations and thoughts inside, if that makes sence. Like he's keeping the diary a secret and how he watches out for everyone. Very Merry like.
Stephanie chapter 29 . 2/26/2004
Hurray for the feel good chapter! Poor Frodo and Sam...and Merry, and everyone basically. GO PIPPIN! I'm glad we saw him. Frodo is starting to be happy again, and that makes me very happy. I'm glad Merry was able to help Sam help Frodo, and hopefully now things will start looking on the up and up. Have I mentioned reciently that I absolutly love your stories? I won't let you forget that...
Breon Briarwood chapter 29 . 2/26/2004
Sometimes I'm at a loss for words regarding this story. This is one of those times. Extraordinary!
hobbitfeet13 chapter 29 . 2/26/2004
Kudos for Sam! For actually disobeying his master (er..that didn't come out right) when he needed him the most. And Pippin finally shows up at the end. Pity he couldn't have given Bramblethorn's thugs a couple of well-deserved thracks, but then Merimac did a nice job altogether, yesindeedee.
*looks thoughtful* Just from your previous stories, I don't think Frodo is entirely out the woods, yet, so to speak. Brandy Hall is not the best place for such nasty business to be heard about. *archs eyebrow* Whatever are you going to do next?
Spootasia Tomoe chapter 29 . 2/26/2004
Woot! go pippin! thank you for this chapter and the beginning of lovely closure. can't wait until you update, though it'll be one of the last chapters... sob sob! thank you anyway and another amazing chapter! thankees! - (so happy frodo let it all out!it was eating him up inside something awful!)
Camellia Gamgee-Took chapter 29 . 2/26/2004
Oh, there's *more* to come?
Goodie! *dances around foolishly*
Loved this - glad that Pippin arrived!
And I thought that you dealt with Frodo's 'confession' very well!
GamgeeFest chapter 28 . 2/25/2004
Angst! I love angst. How awful for Frodo to have to relive the whole thing like that, even after the threat is gone, but it's to be expected. He'll have them for quite awhile yet. Poor Sam! He wants so desperately to help, but he doesn't know how. And when are we going to get to that diary? Next chapter I hope. Hopefully, they'll learn something to help Frodo through all this, or at least understand what he's feeling a bit better.
Monica chapter 28 . 2/25/2004
This is a great story. One of the best I've ever read. I can't wait for more.
Sam chapter 28 . 2/24/2004
Oh! Poor Frodo and poor Sam and poor Merry! I just want to give them all a hug. I feel really bad for Sam. He tries so hard.
Iorhael chapter 27 . 2/24/2004
I think I can feel how bad it is to have a traumatic experience. Mine was not this bad of course, but, I had once awakened from sleep and still thought that I was somewhere else, experiencing something horrible. Feeling like you have lost your mind and people around would just not understand for they didn't know exactly what you've been going through. That's terrible! I'm so awaiting things Frodo had in mind when people around him did something. *shiver*
And I'm so glad I reviewed before you post another chapter! Yippee!
443 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »