Reviews for A Harvest of Ashes
endymion2 chapter 28 . 2/24/2004
I was wondering when the nightmares would begin, for our dear Frodo slept much too peacefully in the last chapter. Now that the worst exhaustion has worn off, it’s the proper time. Poor deceased Bramby couldn’t fulfill his promise in his lifetime, but he can do so now in dreams, that’s only fair to him.
Merry should grab this diary he took and read it, his scruples will not help anyone.
„This is what I've brought among them, Frodo thought dismally as he noted the silence of his companions in the other wagons. They're afraid to speak, lest they say the wrong thing, afraid to move lest I'm startled by their gestures. My fault...“
„even if I'm not worthy of such a one to care for me“
„I can't even save him from things that aren't real, Sam thought miserably. But they are real, aren't they? At least, I think they were once.“
They‘ll never be able to figure this out by themselves. Silent brooding will only prolong the suffering...but maybe that’s a good thing?
Loved the part about „ old Rorimac stating that his wife would never repeat a rumor, so one had better listen the first time.“...seems you know my MIL, LOL!
Trust No One chapter 28 . 2/24/2004
Disturbing, yes. Sadly, those dreams will be there awhile. Frodo has a long way to go. His self-worth must have taken such a knock because he responded to Bramby and I hope that he comes to understand that it was a physical response only. It looks like he really blames himself for everything that happened, which in a way is to be expected. He should know that putting up a brave front in front of the others so that they don't worry does nothing but make them worry more and, more importantly, will do nothing for him in the way of healing. But fat chance of Frodo thinking of himself for a change. Update soon(er) lol. TNO
Stephanie chapter 28 . 2/23/2004
I like Merry, and I hope that he will be able to help poor Frodo. I think he will because of the diary. If there was one person that I would trust with the diary full of secrets, it would be Merry, becuase he has nothing but good intensions, and he also has a brain. I will be sad when they get to Buckland, and Sam and Frodo leave Merry there. I wish that they lived together as one big happy family, but such is life.
Aratlithiel1 chapter 28 . 2/23/2004
Hey! You didn't tell me about the diary. Even when I get sneak-peeks, you still manage to surprise me. I love all of the comfort here, even if Frodo isn't terribly receptive to it at the moment. I have faith in Sam and Merry, though. (Woot! I'm all caught up!)
Aratlithiel1 chapter 27 . 2/23/2004
Woohoo! Way to go, Merry! I always knew he was a clever hobbit. This was a very well thought out plot you had here and you executed it flawlessly. Wonderful job.
Aratlithiel1 chapter 26 . 2/23/2004
Safe with Sam but there's so much left to deal with. Wonderful action in this chapter and Frodo's reactions to Bramblethorn's death were just right.
Aratlithiel1 chapter 25 . 2/23/2004
Ah, somehow I don't think all those Brandybucks and the Gamgee lad are going to take this lying down. Again with the tension. My, but you certainly can spin a tale.
Aratlithiel1 chapter 24 . 2/23/2004
Ha! Take THAT, Bramblethorn! Yay, Frodo! Excellent chapter, my dear and wonderful way to keep things exciting. *high five*
Breon Briarwood chapter 28 . 2/23/2004
*sniff* poor frodo... *grabs more tissues for next chap*
Spootasia Tomoe chapter 28 . 2/23/2004
ack! scary dream! thank you for the warning about it though! that was mch apreciated.
please update soon! i want to know if frodo can ever recover (he must!) and if sam will be the one to help him do so. funny how the villian is gone but the angstyness survives!
can't wait for the next chapter! thank you for this uber frodo-angst fanfiction!
Shelbyshire chapter 28 . 2/23/2004
My own words cannot describe how yours puts the reader and Frodo together as one to experience his emotional trauma and pain. The dream is real and will always be real. Time will lessen most details but some remain forever. After 26 years, I can still hear the sound of water falling and moments before I fall asleep each night, the silent still dark brings a feeling of fear with it...Bless you Sam, don't give up!
hobbitfeet13 chapter 28 . 2/23/2004
*Becomes very quiet* Ah.
*shakes off mood with effort* I think Frodo should have stayed in bed a little longer, but being in Bree causes him more harm then good. Perhaps once at the Shire, he'll feel better...*sighs* probably not. If he continues to keep everything bottled inside, he's going to explode in an unhealthy way, not that holding it in is particulary healthy either. Nasty dream-sequence.
The Lady of Mirkwood chapter 28 . 2/23/2004
ooh, very angsty indeed. I am only somewhat satisfied with this chapter, however, because I want Merry to read Bramblethorn's diary! I wish that Bramblethorn was still alive. You know why though, I told you last review. Is Merry going to show the diary to Sam? And where is Pippin?
MercilessTantalus chapter 28 . 2/23/2004
Another brillant chapter. The further insight to what happened to Frodo once again helps us to understand the pain that he must deal with and how strong he really is.
I look foreward to seeing what was in Bramblethorn's diary and to see how Merry deals with what he may discover. Also to see who if anyone he tells about it and how he can help Frodo because of it.
Fantastic job again. Thank you.
MercilessTantalus chapter 27 . 2/22/2004
This is a fantastic story. It grieves me that I had only just learned of it 36 hours ago. Luckliy due to time off, I was able to read all three stories thus far in a row. And I have reviewed as soon as I possibly could.
You are a wonderfully girfted writter who not only keeps the characters a lot like what I know they are like from the books, even with their new situations, but you also created a complex new character in Bramblethorn.
About the actual rape, I saw that many did not seem to like that Bramblethorn actually got to Frodo, but I think it fits. Not only does it further show the strength of Frodo's character to fight to the end, but now we'll see how his love with Sam is greater even then the horrible experiances he's had. Also, as Bramblethorn has been after him for so long, it was more realistic that he would eventually succeed.
I eagerly await any further chapters you have for this wonderfully written and enthralling tale. Thank you so much for writing. You are a jewel among the many at .
443 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »