Reviews for The Thread
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
A great story. Very good.
Rogue-Pirate chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
That was beautiful. I really need to expand my vocabulary-and stop saying it and actually do it-because I'm lacking the words to describe this fic. Its...poetic, no really it is, it's sad the way that even though nothing has physically changed, she can no longer hold out hope of meeting her father. Sad stuff. Beatutifully written though.

Bloody brilliant.
Takada Saiko chapter 1 . 6/9/2004
That was touching... I don't know how else to describe it. It reminds me of the blessings in life that I know my father and have a relationship with him. Thank you. While some stories are just entertainment to me,this one was something more, and I thank you for that.

I love your work . Keep it up

TS
Daroga's Rainy Daae chapter 1 . 3/25/2004
Oo, this is nice! Sad, but nice. Based on true experiences? Sorry for you. :( But good story all the same! :D
Lykosdracos chapter 1 . 2/16/2004
Oh wow. This fic is so sad! Well duh, sorry for stating the obvious. fuck-mook, yeah i noe. But incredibly touching, Elizabeth sent her that not knowing the consequences. But i DO think its better, at least now she knows. She doesnt want too, but one word: closure.
She'll be able to move on and Jack'll be there to help her. hopefully. beautiful fic, it can be used to describe everyday life too. beautiful.
brokeassproduc chapter 1 . 1/27/2004
good story. really liked the tone.
Aestivus chapter 1 . 12/26/2003
Gorgeously written, beautiful and full of raw emotion without overdoing it... Amazing, simply brilliant. It was short, but far from sweet... Perhaps bittersweet? But anyway, it was rather heart-wrenching. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but it seems that our good author has experienced something similar and now relates it to Anamaria? But bravo... This bit of fanfic was just lovely, for lack of a better word.
LalaithPirateWhore chapter 1 . 12/25/2003
This is very interesting. I would like to see what happens next!
Lady Dreamgirl chapter 1 . 12/14/2003
it's really beautiful.
J.L.Dexter chapter 1 . 12/9/2003
I was way too darn lazy to sign in when I reviewed, forgive me, but I knew you'd know it was me. This was great! A new twist, a new plot, yet very moving. It makes you cherish the things most take advantage of in life, makes you think. Its a pleasure to read a different side to the characters in everyday life.
P.s. I'm selling my father, the bidding will start at one shilling and a bottle of rum.
cal chapter 1 . 12/9/2003
this was beautiful & very well-written! but then i've come to expect that from you! :) i could feel Ana's grief & confusion as if it were my own. i wished desperately that she had someone (even if it wasn't a certain pirate captain) there to offer her comfort, even though she probably would've shook off the proffered shoulder. i was pleasantly surprised to see that the 2 women had grown that close as to share a drink & some of their life's secrets with each other. when Ana remembered what she had told Elizabeth about her own father, my heart ached for the pirate lady. the way it was spoken led me to believe that her "father" did know of her existence, but he didn't care about it. my sorrow for Ana became mingled with fury the man who didn't know what kind of treasure he had given up. when i read the contents of Elizabeth's letter, i was confused. i couldn't tell if Ana's father was a jerk who didn't care for her or if he may have cared about her & even loved her had he known that she was his. when Ana was hurting & grimly determined to not shed a tear over someone she didn't even know & over a dream that she had never really believed would come true, my heart broke for her. when she was musing about her hope being gone, i grieved for her & the possibility that maybe the man who had fathered her would have turned out to be a good man who wanted to know his daughter. the last line was so beautiful & sad that my heart ached once again for Ana & for what might have been. :( i didn't think it possible, but you broke my heart even more when i read your author's note. i can't tell you how sorry i am for you & your loss! :( i wish that you had gotten the opportunity to know him before it was too late. i wish there was something that i could do to ease your own heartache. all i can do is tell you that you are in my thoughts & prayers. i also wish that you may one day find a way to be peace with yourself regarding this situation. thank you for sharing this with us. i know that it couldn't have been easy for you, and i'm glad that you trusted us enough to share it with us. :) keep up the great work & feel better soon! :)
Hermonthis chapter 1 . 12/9/2003
Oh, I'm very sorry to hear that. This story was very touching, and I'm glad that you were able to let out your emotions in one way or another.
Wishing you the best,
Dragon Faere
JackFan2 chapter 1 . 12/9/2003
Writing is such a wonderful outlet for the curve balls life throws us. This was indeed a fantastic story and I'm glad you used this for your outpouring of feelings and thoughts.
No one leads a charmed life, and if they do, I feel sorry for them for they are surely kidding themselves, or they will not be prepared to handle the hard times when they do come- for they always do come around.
We always think painful memories hard to bear. While that's true, we rarely see the effect of the loss of a chance at a memory, and the pain is more acute. The first tear can be the hardest, but the most healing. Then, a healing sleep, but you wake up feeling crappy wondering 'if that was healing, I'm not sure if I want to go through it'. I've been there. Not where you are, exactly, but I denied myself a memory. I cut myself off, me, I did it... from that chance, and now the chance will never exist for me again. At the time the guilt was overwhelming and I felt I'd die from it. Painful memories...
I was fortunate at the time to have a wonderful friend to sit and hold me while I cried. Boy did I cry I cried for a week straight.. felt like it would never stop.. wondered how I could possibly still have tears left... I didn't think it was helpful at the time, but it helped.. It really did..
Come down for Christmas.. I've got that bottle of rum ready for us. We'll put the kids and hubbies to bed and get as drunk as possible, talk or just watch and drool over Johnny Depp movies.. whichever you want. Both if you like.
Miss Becky chapter 1 . 12/9/2003
Oh sweetie... I'm so sorry. I don't really know what to say except that. I'm glad you were able to write this story and work through some of your emotions. I can't imagine what you must be going through right now.
Take care of yourself.