Reviews for With Clipped Wings
A chapter 25 . 11/18/2012
Oh my god, this was perfect! Starting with the title, "With Clipped Wings"... I found the writing very engaging, and the pirates' dialogue um pirate-y, ha. No, it really was a great piece of work which I enjoyed immensely and made me eager to read more of Jack Sparrow. Reading took all evening. I must say that this has made my day (or night) and once again I thank you (a lot) for writing WCW, as well as apologising for my reviews that leave a lot to be desired. Brilliantly done!
Victoria LeRoux chapter 25 . 6/10/2011
A beautiful tale, one that seems made to be told around the campfire. Riveting to the last word, and haunting. It is a beautiful in itself, and it could stand well alone from the series.

I admire you, and commend you. You presented a Jack Sparrow, slightly rougher around the edges, but to the core the Jack we know. You well illustrated his faults, and his mistakes. You detailed what makes him the man he is, and you taught us the heart of him.

10/10, and if I could go above 10, I would.

Lovely, and something I'll find myself looking at for years to come.
xPhoenix0Returnx chapter 25 . 6/23/2010
WHOA! It all makes sense! I do wonder though, how he wrecked Anamaria's boat... I don't quite remember if they said in the movie. What do you think?

Anyways, I loved your sequel probably even more than the first. I feel like I know Jack Sparrow a lot more. I'm also really glad you had Jack make that mistake with the frigate. And I agree-it is his natural charm, haha. Overall, it was certainly a magnificent adventure with you and Jack. :D
talk-ape chapter 25 . 12/29/2009
wow... so comprehensive.

just wonderful really
penny4him chapter 25 . 9/17/2008
I finished reading your story, in its entirety, today. And there is a smile upon my lips. I really enjoyed it; Jack was very much in character throughout, and I loved this further insight into his life. The story drew me in at once and it was hard to "put down" in between...great job, thanks for a wonderful story.
FreeSpiritedOne chapter 25 . 10/1/2007
That was fantastic. It was a very plausable prequel to PoCCBP. Jack was very well written with all the wit, vanity, silliness and bravado I would expect of him. I am very impressed and off to see what else you've written.

Zippie chapter 1 . 9/21/2007
Congratulations! You and your wonderful story have been inaugurated into the "Pirates of the Caribbean FanFiction Hall of Fame".

Please visit my profile page for more details.

It's not as grand as it sounds, but we hope that by gathering all the best stories in one place we will provide a valuable service for all PotC FanFiction lovers out there.

Please come and make some nominations of your own, share your writing wisdom or just join in the fun!
Jennifer Lynn Weston chapter 25 . 8/7/2007
That is a *really* good account of Jack's 'lost years', between the mutiny and the first movie.

There is one small mistake in the last chapter; Anamarie's boat (which Jack stole, and which sank just off the Port Royal dock) was named the 'Jolly Mon'.

Trifle, though. You've written a fic to stand with the best of 'em.
Danny Barker chapter 3 . 7/29/2006
These short stories were all amazing! I do a bit of writing myself and inspire to post a POTC short story. I can't wait to read the next one and see what happens to Captain Jack Sparrow next!
Lobbie chapter 25 . 7/25/2006
Thanks so much for that lovely story. I loves it . No better way to pass my time...
Acacia Jules chapter 18 . 12/27/2005
Are you sure blatent is the word you wish to use when you wrote "Jack insisted on the latter, challenging them all to try and beat him. Some of them came close, but few could match his agility even when they used the most blatant tricks in the book."

It means: adj 1: without any attempt at concealment; completely obvious;

"open disregard of the law"; "open family strife";

"open hostility"; "a blatant appeal to vanity"; "a

blazing indiscretion" [syn: blazing, conspicuous,

2: conspicuously and offensively loud; given to vehement

outcry; "blatant radios"; "a clamorous uproar"; "strident

demands"; "a vociferous mob" [syn: clamant, clamorous,

strident, vociferous]

IE, obvious. Don't you mean something like, sneaky, underhanded
Rogue-Pirate chapter 25 . 7/25/2005
This is awesome, I love the ending, and it was beautifully written, there are so few POTC fic's that look at life before the film, most of them focus on flahbacks to a time with bootstrap. This is a rare gem, a diamond in the rough you could say, and I am so pleased that I've found it and read it. So now I'm off to read what other works you have done. Keep writing and I'll continue too read them...
matchynishi chapter 25 . 6/30/2005
Whew... I've read all 25 chapters in one go. And this, after reading "Escape not..." *and* the... erm, the fic before this... too lazy and sleepy to look at the name again. :p I haven't been keeping up with much of the PotC fanfics, but I saw the film again today and well, Jack's charm has, once again thrown me back on the squee!fangirl bandwagon. So here I was, seaching for nice Jack Sparrow fics, and I'm very, *very* glad I did. :) So now I can go to bed all content after reading this and thinking warm, happy, Jack/Ana thoughts. XD

Awesomely written stuff!
Johnny'shumiliatedgrape chapter 25 . 3/28/2005
Awesome ending. I really liked it.

Johnny'shumiliatedgrape chapter 24 . 3/27/2005
That was good. He ended up playing cards all along. (:

Pity about his ship. But he does get the Pearl back... One more chappie! Noo.. lol.