Reviews for Darkened Ice
Ronin-ai chapter 18 . 7/24/2012
i had been considering reading this story for some time now and did not for various reasons...too little time, too many projects in progress myself, didn't want to get into an intense, multichapered fic, etc. but i finally broke down and did so and quickly became absorbed in the story. All in all, it was a good story and i quite enjoyed it in the final analysis. Is it perfect? no. But still, a very good read. You obviously did a bit of research on the subject of Squall's loss of vision and the surgery to restore it. To be honest, I'm not sure which direction i would have been more interested in the story going: Squall NOT being able to regain his sight and adapting to being permanently blind, or the path that you ended up taking where surgery restores his sight. I did like the way you illustrated his struggles and the adaptations he made while he was blind. that was very nicely done.

Might i make one small request? IF ashbear hasn't done so already, would you consider joining our merry band of misfits in our Squinoa fanfic challenge? i'd like to see what you could come up with. the details are in the Where I belong forum: topic/111506/63456485/1/
gleamfang chapter 18 . 6/24/2011
Go Squall and Rinoa! Another one on the way! Tempest sounds really cute. I dont agree that their OOC. I just think they have been developed appropriately based on the events you have put them through. Well done!

I also like your idea of having connecting stories it's a clever way to do various sequels but work within the same developments.

Hope there's more Squinoa though. You really represent them well and their love is so strong here. One thing I found weird and cool was that Rinoa can read Squall's mind but Squall can barely seem to feel Rinoa's emotion making a very one-sided bond between them but that's all I have to be particular about. Oh wait! I like Squall Leonheart more than Loire but I'm glad Laguna and Squall made up in the end.

Cheers

Keep Writing
King2010 chapter 18 . 7/18/2010
Good work. I honestly enjoyed this one. I'd say around a 6-6.5/10 or so; which is a pretty high score mind you.

One thing though, please let your partner or a family member name your kids if you plan on having any... just some advice for them to avoid teasing and the like.
Scribbleness chapter 18 . 12/9/2009
ANOTHER BABY! i hope it's a girl! :'3

i love your story! omg i so love it. i almost cried i the end because of overflowing happiness..

and i love squall.. to the max. damn i wish i'm rinoa... :c
Faythie chapter 18 . 6/12/2009
aw it was so good! why does it have to be over! damn! XD

Well good job, thank you so much for uplaoding this fanfic, and making a it great one! I really loved it
Mare-Mare chapter 7 . 11/26/2008
it's me again...:D

loved the last two chapters, especially the laguna and squall scene. it's always touching to see the two of them together despite squall's resistance. also, the part about laguna being blind as well was very bitter-sweet, especially when squall figures that had he been struck with the same issue it would have been cured already.

though the romance between rinoa and squall is anything but subtle (no that's not an insult) i did like the 'transition' chapter that brought their affections a little more up to the surface. the comment by squall about stepping on angelo was funny, but mean. :) i also like how rinoa was captivated by squall's eyes when they had first met, which seems quite plausible. also glad to see zell in the picture. yay zell!

i hope that you have great thanksgiving and a good weekend as well.
Mare-Mare chapter 5 . 11/5/2008
loved it!

i liked the part where we learn that squall dislikes eggs to the point of nausea. that made me smile, and pretty much anything that has to do with irvine being around the poor guy makes me laugh.

the scene when the cadet he saved was very sweet and i think could have been a chapter on it's own, but the idea itself was very sentimental. i hope to see him again.

on our way to see zell? yippee! i can't wait to find out how he's doing!

i usually love selphie but at this particular moment i find her kind of rude and thoughtless. not a trait that i thought she'd have. it's an interesting switch to her character.

also, the descriptions of squall's visions reality versus how others saw was an interesting detail that i loved.

as usual, love all the rinoa/squall scenes, especially since they're not gratuitous and fluffy. it's all very sweet and really adds on to their still budding relationship.

can't wait to get more time to read on! bet it's amazing!
Mare-Mare chapter 4 . 9/10/2008
again, apologies. school's just started and it's my first year so, yeash...

i decided that instead of reviewing when i'm threw to just go ahead and read as many as possible and THEN review...

i'm so loving this. i don't know if i'd thanked you already for writing something different. it's so refreshing. also, i like how the story is (so far) kind of in one small space. for some reason it reminds me of a play. very neat.

lately, i've been kind of an irvine fetishist and the short scene where he helped squall to the room was sweet. i do have one question on that, though. why didn't they just get him a wheelchair? anywho the scene where he brings them a feast is also sweet. :)

loved the rinoa/squall kissing scene. i thought it was simple, real and that squall deciding to not push the moment into something more was rather characteristic.

i'm excited to find out what's going to happen with irvine and selphie and i hope that zell is doing well. i so love that kid.

i hope that this didn't annoy...
Mare-Mare chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
jeez. at long last do i find the time to really commit myself to reading fan fiction as i had promised to do so many moons ago. sorry for that.

i love the first chapter. it's pretty much as far as i can get right now but i'll review again when i'm finished. that might take a while too.

i like the scene with zell cradling squall in his arms possibly watching his friend die. it's a very sad thing to happen to somebody and the fact that it was zell made it all the more touching. i've always had such a tender spot for the boy and feel as though squall could have been a bit nicer too him in the game.

i promise i'll read on. i'm really liking what i'm seeing so far. yay!
The Fool's Journey chapter 18 . 5/5/2008
It looks like it's been a while since this fic has been released, but I feel the need to tell you how much I enjoyed it. It's a sweet story and I really enjoyed the lack of (melo-)drama. Good job on it! )
Some Person chapter 11 . 4/13/2008
*looks at publishing and last update dates* WOAH man...you did it in like 2 months! That is a feat that I KNOW I'll never be able to pull. I mean, the other one took 5 years! Cool man, cool. *Bows down and worships Twin-Lance*

Well you know, I found the perfect song for Rinoa's perspective on this whole thing in your fanfiction. Like...it seems like it was written solely for the purpose of being compatible with this. Like the writer just came across this and got all, "Hey,this is nice so I'll write a song about Rinoa's feelings for Squall here." It's called "Tell me where it Hurts." I don't know who sang the original but the version sung by "MYMP" is really nice. Just sharing. Thought you'd might like to know there's a song out there in the universe that fits perfectly with your fic
Some Person chapter 18 . 4/13/2008
Aw...that was so beautiful! Love it, love it, love it, love it! It's so nice! Finally, a good fanfiction (with an above average writing style) that's finished!

I love how you didn't concentrate solely on Squall being blind, but rather how it's affected him. And how you decided to kind of split the emotion of the story into him thinking about his blindness and his love for Rinoa.

And thank god the ending wasn't cheesy. You went through the emotions perfectly! Never getting too slow, or getting too quick and it didn't end abruptly! Nice man, nice.

Although I have one thing to complain about. Tempest? I know it's really cool and all and it's going to be so much cooler when the kid grows up, but...Tempest? TEMPEST? I mean, it's bad enough with Squall but...Tempest? I mean, the name itself is cool and awesome, but...TEMPEST? Okay, I'll stop now
Heian Edenwood chapter 18 . 10/10/2007
*chuckles* I really liked this story. ) While it's not the best i've read, your's is still extremely good.

I liked the way you handled the potrayal of emotions and whatnot. Apart from the occasional spelling, tense and grammatical error, this was pretty well-done.
Star Garden chapter 18 . 4/7/2007
This story was sweet and touching. I guess it is about caourage and perseverance well written and sweet. Thank you for writing it, it was a pleasure to read.

Javier chapter 10 . 9/15/2006
Seifer's blade is acctually called Hyperion...ya know?jejeje Um its not so much a review as me being confused isn't it supposed to be Zell AND library girl with no name so people have to make one up(seriously people should vot for a damn decision on her name)instead of Fujin? pleasy senmd me some mail with an aswer as to the why of your decision.