Reviews for Breeze
EverlilyLotr101 chapter 1 . 4/14/2011
Beautifull words thats what I like and this is awesome.
Morris the Fool chapter 1 . 7/16/2006
Wow I am so amazed I just do not know what to say!
Kelllie chapter 1 . 4/14/2005
Oh Illyria... this is exquisite! Heart-wrenching and beautiful, your language and imagery lovely as ever. My favorite passage: "I sing to you in a voice much defiled by terror and shattered by grief, but I sing of promise; if not of healing, then of salvation. Beyond this seemingly endless horror, there is hope still."

What a lovely gift you've given us!
Elbereth chapter 1 . 1/26/2004
What an interesting (and unique) choice for point of view; it was refreshing to read something "new." This is one of the most beautiful pieces of fan fiction I have read in quite a while. Thank you.
shirebound chapter 1 . 1/18/2004
This is utterly beautiful. What poetry! What love! Especially...
"My beloved… I stroke your brow with my gentlest touch. Your eyes stir under their lids, your eyelashes fluttering softly. I lay myself on you, whispering of fair lands far away where there is still laughter and songs, where the Sun shines brightly in a sky of brilliant blue, where the chorus of water in creeks and brooks fills the air, where flowers dot the lush meadows, where happiness is and will forever be. I sing to you in a voice much defiled by terror and shattered by grief, but I sing of promise..."
Oh. Wonderful.
Aratlithiel1 chapter 1 . 12/27/2003
Ah, my dear - you know how much I love this one, but I felt it necessary to repeat it. This is utterly gorgeous. You have woven such deep emotion into amazingly poetic prose. I have (finally) added you to my alert list so you can't sneak these past me anymore and I've also added this and another to the recs. list on my site. Thank heavens I found you - or, rather, you found me. I can't tell you what a pleasure it is to have another author added to my pitifully short list of those who, when I see something new from them, I just know I'll love what they offer. *hugs*
Mish chapter 1 . 12/22/2003
Aw! My goodness! That was so...beautiful! I absolutely loved it!
Flame Tigress chapter 1 . 12/15/2003
Lovely and lyrical, and *definitely* a new interpretation. In this one, I was especially taken with the comparison between Frodo and the heroes of the First Age. I don't know what it is, but it gives me a strange, proud, triumphant feeling when Frodo Baggins, humble hobbit of the Shire, is named alongside those epic warriors and deemed the most heroic of them, his suffering the deepest, his battle the most trying. Maybe I almost think of Frodo as myself - perhaps because he was, after all, meant to represent the "everyman" with a dire situation suddenly thrust upon him; perhaps because I write so much in his voice that I almost think of him as a personal friend, or one of my muses.
But there's something more to it, as well. Many people who read "The Silmarillion" write fanfiction about it exclusively, swept up by the intricate Elvish names and high mythological style, the air of grand opera and legend. I, on the other hand, read it and basically said, "That's nice, but where's its heart?" I still like "The Lord of the Rings" better because of the hobbits, who represent an inspiring David and Goliath tale with a lot more angst (and big blue eyes, of course). I like to see someone else who seems to have somewhat the same reaction: to incorporate "The Silmarillion" into her canon base, but to focus on "The Lord of the Rings" as the true heart, artistic and emotional, of Tolkien's universe.
OK, just looked at your author page. YOU'VE READ THE DISPOSSESSED AND THE LEFT HAND OF DARKNESS? This is just too weird. I only just read those books, and I love them! What I found so cool about "The Dispossessed" was that it presented a utopian society that was actually something like a utopia - flawed, of course, as is any society, and prone to some corruption, but not the misguided, brainwashed nightmare depicted in books of the ilk of "The Giver."
I'm off topic now, and have been for most of this review. Great story again! *sheepish grin*
~Flame Tigress
Tathar chapter 1 . 12/11/2003
Oh, well done! What an interesting POV, too - but it did a perfect job of articulating some of the agony poor Frodo went through. I loved your characterization of him, too - he was so incredibly courageous and resilient, I am continually in awe of what he accomplished. :-)
Wonderful job, I loved it!
Ode2Joy chapter 1 . 12/11/2003
This is beautifully written. The imagery was great and the point of view is very original. I wish there was more stories like this out there!
Iorhael chapter 1 . 12/11/2003
Congratulations on your new story! Another thing seen from different point of view. Great! And your wordss... precious!